BIGGEST game of the season!

samwatto2008

In preparation I thought I would just get everybody's opinion about the upcoming Macclesfield game but I think this is the biggest game of the year by far. Forget the Mansfield game we are in a relegation dogfight and we have to get three points at home. We beat them away from home but this is our 6 pointer.

Macclesfield have picked up some recent form under Sol Campbell and it's worrying me. If we don't create a gap between us and Macc then we could get left behind. A few teams above us still within reaching distance, the likes of Yeovil, Cambridge, Cheltenham.

If we don't pick up 3 points we could consider ourselves down. 

losing would be a major negative but notts seems to play better at home, meadow lane encourages the players and i feel better about the chances. its a must win game, losing could only make things harder but a win could boost the squad.

the performance has to be right, yet i am curious how people think notts can improve the away form.

but yes, the macclesfield game with the appointment of sol campbell seems to be one of those games which are a lot bigger than the rest.

Macclesfield Town seem to have turned their fortunes around with the appointment of Sol Campbell, it's made this fixture even more juicy and I feel happier that the game is taking place at Meadow Lane.

The pressure needs to be forgotten on the day.

Focus must go down to working well and playing as a team, if we attack and defend as a unit - it would help. I think there's still plenty of games to get points, however confidence is a massive thing and losing this game could make Neal Ardley's job harder. I don't know what else to suggest, however it's very important and the approach to the game needs to be spot on.

Yes, this game is really important and everyone has sussed our weaknesses out. I would put money on the gaffer brining in a keeper in January. Yes the defence is woeful at times but they have no confidence in the man behind them so it heaps more pressure on them to not make mistake. I honestly wish Fitz had worked out for us but he is short of quality in too many area to be effective.

It’s a massive 3 points for sure , home form could be no will be key to staying in the league , we need maximum points as often as possible, a defeat to these would be demoralising for everyone, but in perspective it’s only 3 points and personally January is much bigger in our survival hopes for me got to get it bang on absolutely no room for error, COYP you can do it .

Archived