Another defeat where do we go from here.?

Magic magpie

Good question. After today I feel furious and desperate. Furious that we've failed to rise to the challenge in an absolutely vital match - AGAIN - and got given the runaround by a very poor team. And even when things seemed to be falling in our favour, our defence managed to find a way to gift the visitors the three points. I wonder how important they will be at the end of the season?

And I feel desperate because I don't see any other team that is remotely as bad as us. We have had so many opportunities to kick on and turn the corner, but we don't seem capable of it. We are now on our third manager, a man with a successful track record due to his ability to organise a team and keep clean sheets, yet our boys still mark like a Sunday league outfit that had been on the vodka the night before. The personnel doesn't even seem to matter any more, we seem to have forgotten how to put the opposition under any kind of pressure when they're in our half of the pitch. The hope I cling to is that we bring in some real quality in the transfer window, and that Ardley, with time, manages to stamp his authority on this team and get them playing. We couldn't have expected instant results after all. I just hope it's not too late by then.

Last season, 46 points were enough to stay up (on goal difference). To reach that target, we need 27 points in 22 games - that's 9 wins, or 8 wins and 3 draws. That's already looking like an ambitious target - and that's just to possibly scrape survival! We could quite easily win 9 of our last 22 and still go down. THAT is the task we are facing. Can anyone see us succeeding with this team?

Good question. After today I feel furious and desperate. Furious that we've failed to rise to the challenge in an absolutely vital match - AGAIN - and got given the runaround by a very poor team. And even when things seemed to be falling in our favour, our defence managed to find a way to gift the visitors the three points. I wonder how important they will be at the end of the season?
And I feel desperate because I don't see any other team that is remotely as bad as us. We have had so many opportunities to kick on and turn the corner, but we don't seem capable of it. We are now on our third manager, a man with a successful track record due to his ability to organise a team and keep clean sheets, yet our boys still mark like a Sunday league outfit that had been on the vodka the night before. The personnel doesn't even seem to matter any more, we seem to have forgotten how to put the opposition under any kind of pressure when they're in our half of the pitch. The hope I cling to is that we bring in some real quality in the transfer window, and that Ardley, with time, manages to stamp his authority on this team and get them playing. We couldn't have expected instant results after all. I just hope it's not too late by then.
Last season, 46 points were enough to stay up (on goal difference). To reach that target, we need 27 points in 22 games - that's 9 wins, or 8 wins and 3 draws. That's already looking like an ambitious target - and that's just to possibly scrape survival! We could quite easily win 9 of our last 22 and still go down. THAT is the task we are facing. Can anyone see us succeeding with this team?

Not with this squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neal Ardley should have realised the formation wasn't working, however after going 1-1. Notts should have responded better, we could have literally stolen the game and I feel the players need to quit bickering amongst themselves. If we concede, look up and get on with it.

Dropping the floor so early kinda annoys me because Macclesfield actually looked like they could have scored more.

It wasn't a surprise, the only way forward is to find a focus where each player can remain on the same level. We need to battle for points and wins, not fear losing or just give up. It annoyed me how they only responded effectively once we did score. They play football, I'm sorry but I'd love to be in any of their shoes and I would try to influence the game much more than some.

On 26/12/2018 at 17:47, Magic magpie said:

So I normally ask any positives but right now I can’t find any after the 2-1 defeat to Macclesfield  so my question is where do we go from here ?

The positive is that whatever the result, we can't go any lower.....  until May, and that's the big, big negative.

• 5 months later...

Archived