• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,284
  • Days Won:  80

Game 27 - The U's (A)

Team: Colchester United

Date: 05/01/19

Where: Colchester Community Stadium

colchester.png.6c5bed2d6ab7f0d61f920ad17

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

It’s not going to be easy after the result against Oldham the confidence we built up against Bury is going to shacky.

ive read that the goals were Ross or the defence fault I didn’t go to the Oldham game so I can’t say weather it was or wasn’t. 

We need to forget about past results treat it as a new start come out the blocks and score first will give us confidence that we need.

the defence will need to work together and forget about the Oldham game because past results can linger and players get on the edge because of them. 

I think we can win 2-0 I’m going for but the supply up front needs to be exact and really goood. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If we stick with this 3 centre backs, the right and left wing back needs to be wider when defending but narrow when attacking. They should overlap the wingers, yet just on the outside. I would be tempted to draw the play from the centre of the park to allow the wingers more time. I don't think Neal Ardley understands that not all the players can adapt this quickly, I also feel he must make some changes.

Get people fighting to play.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

just want to see notts win away from home, i think its only been macclesfield in the league and that makes it more depressing.

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

With the arrival of at least one signing I’m feeling slightly more positive about the game but depends who we sign if we  sign another Friday.. only time will tell   

im nervous, i think its a good game for notts to improve the away form but its poor. a good performance could start to change this.

Today's line-up.

Surely I can't be the only fan disappointed to see Richard Duffy once again named within the squad? I would replace him any day of the week for Jamie Turley. Turley is a way better defender who is a lot more responsible and direct with his defending. Duffy is a disaster and I feel to see how he can strengthen the defence.

Hopefully all the players can do well, would rather see Rob Milsom sit a game out too but hey, I'm not Neal Ardley. COYP!

• Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

1-0 down already, easy move and well taken goal by Colchester.

I am unsure playing Evina on the right is the best thing because Notts looks very poor at the back so far. The midfield need to get a grip of the game otherwise I can see this ending 4-1 to them.

ffs, neal ardley needs to get them upping the performance now,

i have no confidence that notts can get back into games especially after conceding so early, very disappointing. please get duffy out of the squad. the defence will be leaky until we can get the back five [wing backs included] settled.

sorry but ross needs replacing too, hes not first team ready.

COOOOMMMMMEEEE ONNNNNN NOOOOOTTTTTSSSS!!!

Let's get a third and settle this at the back. Great response by the player after conceding.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Dan Jones will be getting a lot of love on Twitter tonight if this scoreline can be protected by Notts. 🤣 :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

KEEP THE LEAD NOTTS.

It sounds like the best away game of the 2019 season, the squad half might be tricky but if the midfield do their part this game can be won.

3-2 :( 

Scoring before half time can be a massive boost, Notts needs to show more grit and defensive awareness. I hope they can respond in the second half well.

• Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

Defensively Notts doesn't look able to stop Colchester United.

Good attacking play, Dan Jones has done well on the left side but I am dubious of Cedric Evina and Richard Duffy looks a shambles.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  739
  • Days Won:  3

Quite entertaining but at the same time it was frustrating.

Notts started slow but responded well to the early goal, after going 3-1 up they just sat back and invited Colchester to play. Neal Ardley should have sensed the way the game was going and made the changes needed before they scored their second, it was clear that the team needed addressing at the back. Good point but Ardley cannot go on about dropping points, he takes his share of the responsibility from today's game.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

The amount of leads given away this season shows a real weakness but at this stage I would rather take the point than to lose the game. I just hope some sort of improvement can be made with the defence because it's a bigger problem than some fans realise.

I still feel quite disappointed because imagine how much of a boost the three points would have been, there's no justification for giving a 2 goal lead away and Colchester by their own admission wasn't very good.

I've spoken to fans who have said how both teams looked quite poor.

Colchester's have praised how we attacked but have been very critical of our defence, however some of our own fans feel it's perfectly fine in a relegation battle to throw a game away. I mean I would take the point and would have done at the start, it's just the way in which Notts did draw. It's disappointing, once Colchester knocked it back to just a one goal lead for us, we should have done a lot more to protect the back.

• Like 1

• Chris unfeatured this topic

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

I feel its a good draw and the game was quite entertaining but I just feel disappointed too.

Neal Ardley's changes seemed too defensive minded and this impacted the squad negativity in my opinion, I hope he learns to instruct the players to attack because it became embarrassing at times seeing how deep the players was at times.