That’s it...

ivansneck

I had many fans say that Notts are going down, people who usually are very optimistic and are passionate fans. It actually hurts to think that this season has gone so badly, I don't know I will try to keep believing because giving up seems the easiest thing to do.

Some of the players need to go, Elliott Hewitt and Richard Duffy are two of those.

Today the team showed NOTHING that indicates that they are up to the mammoth task of keeping us up. Cambridge are a desperately poor side yet we rarely threatened.

Our team are lightweights who simply don't care enough. When the only outfield player who really looks like he cares is a new signing you're in trouble. If there are any players reading this, prove us wrong. We are on the verge of losing something special and you are the only people who can do anything about it.

I found the second half difficult to watch, and frankly I don't think I can bear to watch the remaining matches on ifollow with the inevitable drawing ever closer.

Guest gtownjohnno

Hate to say it but i thought Cambridge shaped up quite well..... Pace. Power Physical presence......... Everything that Notts lack.!!!!!! 

Got to say I’m not one for throwing the towel in with so many games to go but on the way home having witnessed this particularly poor game , I said to my daughter that having seen the ups and downs over the years ya do kind of get a feeling for how the season is going to end , the vibe of of how it looks you can taste and this has a bitter taste of relegation written all over it . 

As said above the team saturday didn’t show me enough to suggest they have the mental strength or the ability to win enough points , make no mistake Cambridge we’re poor opposition but we never looked like beating them . 

Creativity was nonexistent, no cohesion, huge gaps between midfield and attack with the balls out from defence/midfield having no accuracy , and very little meaningful movement up top , I think we actually defended ok apart from the goal conceded, but were we better defending or were they just poor in our defensive third ? 

I can't remember coming away from a game feeling so low. For starters it was sad to see Kellett and Vaughan both not in the team considering how well they've been playing and the performance overall was just, well flat. Like others have said I don't think Cambridge were that much better than us and one set-piece won the game for them. That's what is so depressing, that was the time for us; biggest attendance of the season, playing a team we can beat and we came away with nothing. 

We're averaging less than one win a month, and we've had our chance to change that recently with yesterdays game and the ones against the likes of Macc and Grimsby. I don't know the form we'd need to stay up but I imagine we'll need go on some sort of run where we win at least 5/6 in a row. I just can't see it happening.

Only Notts could have a season were for the first time they spent well over £500,000 on transfer fees and manage to end up adrift bottom at the league with relegation looking like the most likely scenario.

I have been following Notts from afar, having moved down South many years ago.  In the 60's and 70's I was a regular home and away.  I witnessed the magnificent cup win against Man City (about 1991) and 5 Wembley play off and angloitalian cups.  Like some subscribers I felt Saturday was a must win game to have a chance of staying up. Only time will tell. However a word of warning - I have been watching conference national football for many years and the standard has improved greatly in recent years and teams that have come down are rarely successful.  York and Torquay (and Chester) have fallen further.  I am now an Ebbsfleet supporter (ooare they?) and the quality of the players fitness teamwork and management are first class. Many of our players would no doubt shine in Notts current outfit (hands off them though!) Myles Weston is one of ours and he's still pretty quick (and injury free) Wrexham still haven't managed to get back up yet.  Chesterfield with a nice ground and plenty of money are in the bottom 4.  Getting back up isn't easy

Thanks for posting that @Martin Wilson. The days when relegated teams were usually there or thereabouts in the Conference the season after have gone. You mention York and Torquay - Bristol Rovers and Luton also had stints down there, and we'd be very glad to swap places with them now. Does that sound desperate?

This season isn't over, yet I feel utterly despondent. I have felt that we were down on two occasions before being proven wrong, but they were in League One. This is a new experience for us all. Even in the one season when we needed a win to be safe from non-league on the final day we had never actually been in the relegation zone at all. Being here with a mountain to climb is something new - having a squad that looks so incapable of it is just downright frightening.

7 hours ago, Magic magpie said:

To be relegated would finalcaly wrong and really distory Notts which would take away our “oldest league club” which proudly on display we can’t loose that. 

Relagation means the loss of it and financial ruin which isn’t right the fans deserve better. 

We're the oldest professional football club in the world and would remain so. Claiming to be the oldest Football League club in the world is nonsensical as the Football League is an English league.

All the same I'd prefer it if we took that sign down. It's been downhill ever since we put it up, maybe it angers the football gods or something. It reminds me of Hamburger SV in Germany - the only club to boast unbroken membership of the Bundesliga since its foundation, they even had a clock showing the amount of time they'd been in the (first) Bundesliga, right down to the second. Sure enough they got relegated last season and had to stop their clock!

37 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

All the same I'd prefer it if we took that sign down. It's been downhill ever since we put it up, maybe it angers the football gods or something. It reminds me of Hamburger SV in Germany - the only club to boast unbroken membership of the Bundesliga since its foundation, they even had a clock showing the amount of time they'd been in the (first) Bundesliga, right down to the second. Sure enough they got relegated last season and had to stop their clock!

Kristian Dennis is now on for 3 consecutive relegations, surely got to be cursed. Get him shipped out along with the sign!

1 hour ago, DangerousSausage said:

We're the oldest professional football club in the world and would remain so. Claiming to be the oldest Football League club in the world is nonsensical as the Football League is an English league.

I just think personally having that is something for us as fans to be proud of and say yes we are magpies I understand we clunged to it for a while so the football gods may be slightly annoyed. 

but for now safety that’s we need it would be nice achieve safety hope the football gods can hear us . 

I have seen the team you mentioned with the clock it a bit of a fo par with it I trust they have taken it down.? 

@menzinho Definitely, and we need a club exorcist too! Chesterfield are on for a third consecutive relegation, so maybe it's time we stopped signing their players.

@Magic magpie They changed the clock to show the time since their foundation in 1887, which is dull but not as humiliating as having a stopped clock for at least a season. The story used to make me chuckle but now it feels a bit close to home somehow.

Image result for hsv uhr

8 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

@menzinho Definitely, and we need a club exorcist too! Chesterfield are on for a third consecutive relegation, so maybe it's time we stopped signing their players.

@Magic magpie They changed the clock to show the time since their foundation in 1887, which is dull but not as humiliating as having a stopped clock for at least a season. The story used to make me chuckle but now it feels a bit close to home somehow.

Image result for hsv uhr

I tell  you something seeing that dose mean it is very close to home and having to stop the clock for a season means we may have to take it down .. I see your point indeed not good at all and now very close to home. 

14 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:
[mention=171]menzinho[/mention] Definitely, and we need a club exorcist too! Chesterfield are on for a third consecutive relegation, so maybe it's time we stopped signing their players.
[mention=271]Magic magpie[/mention] They changed the clock to show the time since their foundation in 1887, which is dull but not as humiliating as having a stopped clock for at least a season. The story used to make me chuckle but now it feels a bit close to home somehow.
hsv-uhr-jpg--1331eb3a4dea33b1-.jpg&key=598972e923f3b93d1a7afe406d663511db9cfbecae64d59bfa6bb57358f0935a

I was there when it had to stop. We Gladbach fans brought our own clock counting down to when HSV’s had to stop.

Total hubris and we're going the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018-05-12_16_28_43.jpg

2018-05-12_16_36_05.jpg

2018-05-12_16_36_07.jpg

2018-05-12 16.39.19.jpg

2018-05-12_17_20_27.jpg

2018-05-12_17_20_28.jpg

2018-05-12_17_23_08.jpg

2018-05-12_17_31_13.jpg

2018-05-12 17.32.52.jpg

Archived