England v Scotland

KB1862

Supporter+

Delighted for Scotland. Delighted for Callum McGregor in particular. He was brilliant last night. The whole team played out of their skins. They are a real team, the sum is greater than the parts. I'd love to see them beat England at Wembley. 

Wales have also progressed right? I recall seeing something whilst away about them doing it despite the absence of Gareth Bale (injury).

I am not remotely interested in Scotland.

It's good for Callum McGregor but they'll soon be back to failing like they always do, as a nation they never push themselves enough. They're better on paper than both Ireland's and, Wales but never do anything. Also, I find them to be incredibly cocky once they do something noteworthy. Que the "We're going to win the Euro's call".

@Chris I don't particularly like the Scots, mostly due to the rivalry with England, but it's the only time I'll ever be glad for Scotland qualifying because we will be playing them. 

Wales, they were arrogant last Euros, obviously we put them in their place when we played them. I lost respect for them when they celebrated us losing to Iceland. 

But I did say the same thing at wor, it's very small nation like for them to celebrate qualifying for a tournament like they've won something. 

I'm glad they qualified, it'll add a bit of interest (provided we beat them). I won't knock the Scots as they keep me in whisky. And it'd be fantastic to see two former Notts loanees play each other in a major tournament!

I just hope it actually goes ahead (and not behind closed doors)...

Through my family's heritage it's ingrained in me to like Scotland so I was pleased to see them qualify. Equally I have laughed at their monumental lows like losing 3-0 to Kazakhstan! They've got better players now, the likes of McGinn, McTominay, Tierney and Robertson. They still lack quality strikers and centre-backs, which will hinder them a lot.

I still think they'll finish bottom of the group... Maybe they can get something against Czech Republic, but yeah, England Scotland will be fun!

@liampie interested to know how it's a stupid game? 🤔 

It's a historic game, England's first international was with Scotland. Its about bragging rights. Also it's in a major tournament, imagine if they were the ones to eliminate us it'd be embarrassing and would never live it down. Vice versa if we beat them and eliminate them, bragging rights once again. Remember the last time we played them in Euro 96? Electric. 

Obviously if fans aren't allowed in grounds by then, it kind of dulls the occasion. I get what you're saying it not being Germany but our rivalry with Scotland shouldn't be over looked. 

@CliftonMagpie absolutely would feel like a win to them and would be disappointing for us like that time we drawn with them 2-2 in WC Qualifying thanks to a last minute Harry Kane goal.

On 14/11/2020 at 13:46, CliftonMagpie said:

My mystic ball says we will draw 2-2 against them.

That will be the only result they will get and will see them only knock up that single point.

Here we go, a few weeks on top of the prediction league and he thinks he's Mystic Meg 😂

@liampie next year's fixture is bound to have a bit of a circus around it, but England v Scotland is the oldest fixture in international football. It practically invented international football. Scotland are our traditional rivals, not Germany.

Archived