Could this be the "real" Jack the Ripper? A 2019 theory.

Chris

It's a bit morbid, however, I have always enjoyed true crime.

When I first heard of the legend of "Jack the Ripper", I became obsessed with learning more and trying to figure out who I felt was the most likeliest to be the Victorian serial killer.

I am aware of all the current theories from Jack dying in prison, absconding to the US [with two strong candidates believe to have continued murdering whilst there], to Jack actually being a female midwife. I have never really had much belief in the latter myself, I don't think it's likely that one of the first known serial killers would be a female. It's highly uncommon now, most would poison their husbands and re-marry.

Not commit gruesome murders which the police believed must have been committed by someone insane.

It's always been believed that Jack committed the murders because he had a desire to do it, with speculation of him being a butcher, doctor or hairdresser.

What I never believed was that the killer could be someone like Prince Albert Victor, yes it's possible but I think him keeping it a secret would've been incredibly difficult even in those days. I do not believe he had people assist him either, as this seems unlikely that someone wouldn't point the finger later on in life.

Something which has always made me curious is to potential motives which seem quite few if we believe what the police thought back then.

Was Jack the Ripper hell bent on grotesque simply for the thrill and, desire of killing an incident women? That has always seemed very bizarre to me, as a lot of suspects were considered gentleman - with a string of usual thugs/lowlifes.

Likewise, it has always seemed quite far fetched that the killer was Walter Sickert which has become more of a popular theory within the last 10-20 years. A London painter who became obsessed himself with Jack, going as far to painting pictures inspired by the crime spree.

Le-Lit-de-Cuivre-by-Walte-009.jpg?width=

This doesn't seem likely to me, yet has proven to be an interesting rabbit-hole to explore as it's always interesting to read into other potential suspects. There's supposed clues within his artwork, such as letters and, unknown details that only the killer would've know supposedly within Sickert's work. People have even suggested he used his victims blood as paint if you're inclined to believe he was the killer, which has never been actually proven as fact.

What makes "Jack the Ripper" something which fascinates people is largely down to it being unsolved.

People have always enjoyed a good mystery and, there's no larger unknown story out there [well not if you don't buy into America's claim to everything going].

Here's some little known facts of the case.

• Five murders are believed to have been committed by the serial killer [9/11 murders are suspected/considered however but remain unlinked]
  • His victims were known for being 'Lady's of the Night'
  • The crime was believed to have been committed by a Jew
  • All murders happened in London’s East End district of Whitechapel
  • It's believed the killer was familiar with the area and knew it well [including having known the polices plans/foot steps]
  • Jack took the streets only during the early hours of the morning
  • He left quite a few clues and witnesses [something which in this day and age would have lead to him being caught most likely]
  • It's believed he had some form of medical training, with a butcher being his likeliest profession
  • Killed twice within an hour of each victim
  • The Murders abruptly ended after the night that Mary Jane Kelly was grossly mutilated 

What I have always believe is that Jack the Ripper wasn't of a low IQ as the police believed in the beginning, he had some form of understanding of the human anatomy and, that it wasn't done just for the thrill of killing [or a deprived fetish of sorts].

Commonly serial killers kill for multiple reasons and it's far more complexed that saying it was sexual or that he had a hatred of prostitutes. 

The simple fact is nobody will ever know for sure, as much as it's a 'real crime' it's now becoming a myth too.

Some people have taken to the search and, have ruined it - it's vastly polluted in opinion.

Evidence which still remains has become tainted because of poor handling, name throwing in the hope that DNA testing could reveal answers. This is a crime within itself, as how damage to cloth, throws, clothing can occur by professionals in this day and age is beyond me. I do accept, that in the 1880's evidence was most likely to have been a second thought, but it still doesn't take away from the damage occurred by ruining potential leads that could be found with DNA.

The handwriting of the known 'true' letter from Jack the Ripper, sent with a piece of human of organ is the only evidence which is unlikely to disappear.

However, getting good samples for comparison from the suspects in this day and, age has always proven to be difficult.

And yet, I believe this theory has a lot going for it. A lot more than any of the ones I have mentioned in this post, which has taken me quite some time to write - which I am hoping some others of our community will discuss. Otherwise, can I get the last two hours of my life back? 😛 ;)

Why? It's believable that an educated person could hide from being a potential suspect.

Willy Clarkson fits the criteria of knowing about the human body due to his grandfather as explained within the video.

The wig does tie a connection which for some reason has always been overlooked, I mean, until I watched this video last night I wasn't aware of who Willy Clarkson was but it does all make sense.

As for the possibility of him killing due to him being Jewish and, gay - a mere act to cover up this does make more sense than someone getting a thrill from gutting a person. Ties with blackmailing does also aid as to why someone would need shutting up.

Reliable witnesses always described Jack and, potential sightings of being someone smartly dressed.

The appearances given to police also vastly changed which each persons sightings, which does make me curious as to if a known person with the ability to mask his own appearance could go under the radar.

It's like like Jack was hellbent on killing just anyone, the victims seem to have been chosen - otherwise I do believe there would've been more.

In addition, when witnesses saw some of the victims talking to potential suspects it was often alluded that the women looked familiar with the person - as if she knew them. It's unknown if some were the last person to see some of them, but it's highly likely this was the case especially after the first murder as the other 4 victims probably thought it was being carried out by a psycho.

Who knows, but to me it seems unlikely Jack died in prison or took to continuing in American.

Killers who usually get away with their crimes usually continue and, then eventually get caught. Most don't just randomly stop in cases where the police aren't making any actual progress. Could it be that Jack teased the police solely to hide? I don't think so, if strong suspects existed I believe it would've been solved.

Most likely it was someone able to get away with it due to having finished their business/motivations.

Thoughts? What do you make of this theory? Lastly, who has always been your number 1 suspect?

i have never been fascinated with jack the ripper, i think its best that hes forgotten.

i do know that a polish barber and a self taught american doctor was considered to be most likely the serial killer. as for the video, it makes a lot of connections and i can see where the logic is but i think its unlikely someone who was never considered by the police themselves. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived