Ozzy moves to Fylde

Piethagoram

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

Notts needs to learn to give players like Sam more game time, he should do well and I don't blame him for moving from us. He needs to be playing, his career will only end up like the many young prospects we have had that fall out of the game due to a lack of opportunity.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Osborne’s done very well at Leamington – he’s done much better than I thought he’d do, genuinely didn’t think he’d one of the top goal scorers in the league. A sideways move but you’d think Fylde would have more chance of promotion…

The whole issue of academy is an interesting topic, when we have someone genuinely talented – Etete, Bearne, Dongda etc we never actually get to utilise them… Then we’re left with the rough diamonds, who aren’t quite ready and need more time to develop – but they don’t usually get it here.  

I’ve sent in a question to the owner’s online fans forum thing about their plans for the academy and developing talent for the first team – hopefully it’ll get asked…

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Good player, one who will improve with more game time and better players around him.

He will go on to be like Curtis Thompson.

Missed opportunity by Notts to develop him as a player that would set a standard for other young professionals coming through, it just shows the doors closed and not prepared to take the time to give our own young players the game time needed to improve. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Honestly, it annoys me to see people who wrote him off or constantly said he wasn't good enough on social media being butt heart over this.

I have always rated Sam Osborne, when managers talk about youngsters they will say they offer hunger and energy. Ozzy had this in abundance, his desire to play is what makes him hard to judge as an opposition defender. For his age, he always came across as someone intelligent of reading the game as it panned out.

Seeing him being of use to a team beneath ours, it's annoying as much as it was to see him leave.

Yes, this was his decision but as a switched on youngster he is aware that at this stage in his career he needs to be playing more frequently. It's a massive mistake not to have set aside a proper guarantee of game time, I mean, we've struggled with wingers and signed Tom Walker to cover on loan. Ozzy would've flourished this season even more than the last campaign. He would be playing more but Notts just seems to refuse to give a proper pathway for our own youngsters.

Seriously, how do we as a club convince one of our own youngsters to stay when we don't play them much.

Any smart academy player should be seeing us as a stepping stone and, when a club that will give the time and nurture required to bring the best out of them - it only makes sense to leave. Those that remain, just look they fall down the pyramid and only come good when a team gives them the opportunity we should've done all along.

I'm pretty sick of it.

As for Ozzy career, I am proud of him for making the most of the opportunity. I don't feel bitter like some on Twitter have expressed, he's young enough to go as far as he dreams if he applies the work required. Nobody can mark someone's ability, or pigeon hold a youngster because provided they play - they learn. If their Hungary matches their ability, then there's no stopping them and, I can easily see Ozzy returning to the Football League.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Fylde have plenty money and are more ambitious, and Leamington probably needed the money, so the move makes sense for all concerned. It's a shame he had to move though, as mentioned he would probably have had more game time this season. But him being a key player has probably done him a world of good - at Notts he would likely have been in and out of the team again, and that was probably communicated to him as well.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

it shows he made the right decision because a club paying for his services should give him more opportunity to play, they have seen something in him and its a good deal for all involved. i wish him well, he always worked hard whilst here.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

I wish Ozzy all the best, he needs to be playing and I hope Fylde give the chance that we did not.

Archived