Exiled Pies

Cobby

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Why not share if you follow the magpies but aren't currently based in Nottinghamshire. Who knows, you could find someone just around the corner to go to away matches with. What do you do to scratch your Notts itch?

I'm currently in Brum, so still get to go to home matches. The only annoying thing for me is the lack if away travel options (other than journeying in my own)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm in Nottingham, so I can't count but this is another good idea.

It would be interesting to see which areas are popular, as I am noticing Kimberley is quite popular though we have many from different places.

• Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

I'm in self-imposed exile in Calgary, Canada, and if Notts get to play anywhere near here then all Notts fans who make it will get a half-time Bovril on me! 

• Content Count:  627

I'm in self-imposed exile in Calgary, Canada, and if Notts get to play anywhere near here then all Notts fans who make it will get a half-time Bovril on me!

From the look of other people's usernames, you appear not to be the only Canadian resident.@Canadian

Do I see the start of the Canadian magpies club?

Do you dare listen to Notts on magpie player or can you not stand the stress of listening to Notts on the radio?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333

From the look of other people's usernames, you appear not to be the only Canadian resident.@Canadian

Do I see the start of the Canadian magpies club?

Do you dare listen to Notts on magpie player or can you not stand the stress of listening to Notts on the radio?

Used to live in Bulwell Hall, Bilborough & Broxtowe. Now I'm  Living in Ottawa., So they'll Get some beavertails at HT B)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I used to live in Clifton but live in sunny sunny Weymouth now (or not so sunny as the case may be). Still try and get to a handfull of Notts games per season - generally the ones down south but there's a family of County fans who live the other side of Weymouth, and another fella with his two young lads 10 minutes up the road in Dorchester, and we've travelled to the opening game of the last two seasons together, hoping to make it a more regular thing.

I tend to keep updates via Twitter & Sky Sports App when I'm not at a game. Had a few mad celebrations of a Notts goal on the Weymouth terraces!

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Born in Peel Street Hospital, raised in Radcliffe and then Keyworth, about 8 doors from Stubbsy's, Was in same year as his brother Kevin.

Now we live in Armathwaite, Cumbria, in the beautiful Eden Valley. When I do attend games I always collect a fellow Pie from Preston.

I try to get to a handful of games a year, but other than that it is the chat room and colin for me.

Would love to start up a Cumbrian supporters branch as there are 5 of us up here that I know of.

Hi Cobby, Yes, used to do Magpie Player but I've been so busy this year it wasn't worth re-signing, hope to have more Notts time in 2[14!

Hi Canadian, I guess, because you're posting, you've got power there, lots haven't eh? Let us know if you're ever Alberta way, we can drown our troubles and sing the Notts fan blues together~!

ete: 2014 not 2401!

Hi Cobby, Yes, used to do Magpie Player but I've been so busy this year it wasn't worth re-signing, hope to have more Notts time in 2[14!

Hi Canadian, I guess, because you're posting, you've got power there, lots haven't eh? Let us know if you're ever Alberta way, we can drown our troubles and sing the Notts fan blues together~!

ete: 2014 not 2401!

Lucky enough we only got a bit of the Ice Storm, It was mainly along Lake Ontario. I think they got about 2-3 inches of pure ice. People were Skating on their Driveways ha ha ha ha.

I'll be coming out to Edmonton in October time. Where bouts in AB are you

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It's good to see all you far flung 'Pies on here, I was born and bred on Meadow Lane within spitting distance of the ground and am now exiled to the nether regions close to the Notts/Derby border about 9 miles from the ground. I'm a season ticket holder and get to most home games but rarely travel away.

• Content Count:  1

I'm in the middle of France as you may have guessed. Born in the 'old' Meadows then moved away but I've been following Notts since the 71 championship. I rarely get back now but spend most Saturdays glued to Twitter and the BBC scores site so I can see the latest table. I've never met another pies fan in France !

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Hi @frenchmagpie

Look out for me next summer I will be touring France in my camper van, I'll were my Notts shirt so you recognise me. :joker:

• Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

I'm Canadian myself.

Been over here for what seems like forever, its nice to know I am not alone.

• Content Count:  16

I'm in Toronto.  "Canadian" and I have met up for a few televised matches.  Was good fun.  Hope to do it again some time.  Looks like there's a lot of pies in Canada.  Will have to watch my waist line.

When we get to the playoffs in May' well have to meet up. @Nesh might have to join us too. Perhaps meet in the Peg.

• Content Count:  8

I'm a long standing Notts fan (first match 1977) now exiled in Lymm - a great little village near Warrington in Cheshire. Prior to moving here in 2011 we lived in Sale, Manchester for a couple of years. I grew up in Clifton before moving all over Nottingham including Carlton, Arnold, Redhill, Hucknall, Sneinton, Compton Acres and I still have a house in Long Eaton which I rent out.

Despite relocating to the North-West I continued to remain a 'full on' Notts fan, attending virtually every game home and away up until a couple of years ago when I broke my 30+ year habit. Since then I've been to less than half a dozen games and just the one this season. It's true what they say, once you stop going it's so easy to find other things to do with your weekends and I can't ever imagine spending every Saturday afternoon watching Notts again. Life's too short to be miserable lol! Joking aside, I did actually try to make a 'comeback' earlier this season but lasted just 65 minutes before heading back to the car and "Five Live" (I can't even listen to Uncle Colin these days).  

Obviously I still 'follow' Notts but not with the intensity I used to. If they are ever on the telly I will nip across to my local to watch the game with a fellow Notts fan who lives in the village - yes there are two of us in Lymm!  He and his young son were season ticket holders until last season but they didn't renew this year, deciding to pick and choose their games this time.    

Perhaps, @Canadian. Web personnae are hard to judge. @ Andy seemed to take pleasure in posting destructive/negative/twisted comments @ Mad - it is possible that if they could experience the friendly comraderie among supporters attending Notts games, it would enable them to change their tone :)

[btw, @Canadian - "WHEN WE GET TO THE PLAYOFFS IN MAY"!!!! lovin your optimism!]

@JC99 - whereaboots are you in this great chunk of ice?

I've met @andy6025 when we played against Man Citeh in the cup. Really nich chap, Hope he contributes just like he did on MAD and, we might not agree, but it's a form of respect.

COYP

Fair enough, @Canadian, people are often very different in real life than on the net and I've never had any problem respecting people who just hold differing opinions. The general atmos here is much better than @ Mad anyway, I think that's a good thing. :)

As you say: COYP!

• Content Count:  16

Perhaps, @Canadian. Web personnae are hard to judge. @ Andy seemed to take pleasure in posting destructive/negative/twisted comments @ Mad - it is possible that if they could experience the friendly comraderie among supporters attending Notts games, it would enable them to change their tone :)

[btw, @Canadian - "WHEN WE GET TO THE PLAYOFFS IN MAY"!!!! lovin your optimism!]

@JC99 - whereaboots are you in this great chunk of ice?

aye, what wrong with that?   :hyper:

@Nesh Calgary :)

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Bloody hell, its a stampede

@JC99 Yeah, me too - NW (tickled by the nasal hairs of Nose Hill) and you?

• 3 weeks later...

Weirdly enough Hillhurst, not far from Riley Park.

Archived