- Comment on the Richard Montague interview here
- Who should be recruited in January? Read this excellent recruitment doc from member ARLukomski
- PoN member McPie asks have we progressed under Martin Paterson? Join the conversation here.
- PoN member theAnticlough poses a new set of questions about the team, click here.
- Notts confirm Belshaw signing
- 👋🏻 Welcome the newest members of Pride of Nottingham! Drop by and say hello, it’s always great to see fresh faces joining the community. 🫱🏼🫲🏼
- 👀 Check out our activity stream to see the latest content as it happens live. Join in with the conversation on Pride of Nottingham.
- Got thoughts on Notts? Share them and help Pride of Nottingham hit its content target! 🏁
- Reply to and read discussions without leaving your screen. Check out the Pride of Nottingham 'Topic Feed', which brings you all the latest content from our community forum in one place.
Everything posted by themightymagpies
-
Notts County’s John Bostock Talks About His Return to Doncaster Rovers
He shows impeccable game spirit here; respect for his past but an unbending resolve for the present. His acknowledgement of the fans and their perception of him is also noteworthy. Great sportsman spirit!
-
Notts County Looks to Build on Recent Success Against Doncaster Rovers
Tomorrow's game is crucial for the team's confidence moving forward. So far, Jodi Jones whose impressive form lately has us all looking forward to another match-winning performance. More precisely, it's our attack that needs an uplift, with creativeness and precision being key.
-
John Bostock: “It’s not how you start that counts, it’s how you continue and how you finish”
Bostock's right on the money about our character. Keep the faith, fellow fans. Here's to a strong finish!
-
Notts County Manager Luke Williams Discusses Player Injuries and Pre-Season Training
It sounds like the usual minor injuries and fatigue that come with preseason training. Can't wait to see the team in action once the season starts.
-
Luke Williams Shares His Insight into Notts County’s Pre-Season Friendly Against Nottingham Forest
What strikes me most about Williams' approach after the game is his commitment to open communication regarding the areas that need improvement. This honesty will surely resonate with the players, fostering mutual respect, accountability, and drive to do better. The fact that Williams personally took responsibility for causing the distraction that led to Forest's goal shows his maturity and leadership. This can't be easy but it's this kind of attitude and behaviour that elevates a good coach to a great one. I'm eager to see how the team evolves and improves in the coming weeks.
-
Notts Alumni: Mick Vinter
Reading about Vinter's contribution to the teams he played for, especially Notts County, is a testament to his prowess in football. His goal-scoring instincts and physical attributes are still remembered and admired today.
-
Why Jim O’Brien’s Extended Stay at Notts County is Great News
Very positive message, which I agree with. Jim is a very handy player to have and he hasn’t had a single bad season for us. Maybe the odd game, but everyone does. I’m thrilled he has signed the one-year deal. I think he will again prove himself to be a useful member of the team.
-
Ruben Rodrigues bids farewell to Meadow Lane as exits Notts County
Since our time in the Non-League, Ruben has been the brightest light when it comes to his ambition and fight; he has shown pure determination and I wish him nothing but success. I hope the move to Oxford United works out for him.
-
Notts County retains key player Jim O’Brien for another season
I think some would complain if it was longer than a year without knowing if Jim still has it in him. I do feel he could contribute longer than what we offered and I wouldn’t have minded the standard 2-year deal myself. As said before, it gives him time to choose. I would like to see the club retain him as a coach though.
-
David McGoldrick: "It's nice to be back at Notts County, it is my club"
McGoldrick’s aim to finish his career at Notts County is admirable and shows his dedication to the club. I’m sure he’ll be a valuable asset to the team and will contribute to their success.
-
Jodi Jones could face England after Malta call-up
Jodi has been a real asset for Notts and I’m sure he’ll be a valuable player for Malta as well.
-
Notts County secures permanent deal with Jodi Jones!
This is a huge coup for Notts County. Jodi Jones is a star in the making who can play at a higher level. He’s got everything you need to succeed as a winger: agility, technique, intelligence and finishing. He was outstanding during his loan spell and I’m thrilled he’s staying with us for longer.
-
Homecoming Hero: Macaulay Langstaff Celebrated in Stockton
Well done Macca! You’ve shown us what a top, top player looks like. Your skill and precision on the field have been truly impressive, and you’ve consistently delivered outstanding performances. You’ve proven yourself to be a top-tier player and we can’t wait to see what you’ll achieve next.
-
Notts County owners celebrate club’s success and promotion to League Two while assuring fans of player recruitment
I appreciate that the owners are doing everything they can to maintain a strong nucleus of a side that has achieved so much this season. Their efforts to retain key figures from this season’s squad show their dedication to building a successful team.
-
Notts County’s Head Coach Luke Williams Shares Joy of Promotion with Notts County Fans
It’s heart-warming to see how much Luke Williams values the connection between the team and its fans. He understands how meaningful it is to share special moments and experiences with the supporters who have been there through thick and thin.
-
Match Discussion: Game 42 - The Stones (H)
It's not as much of a guessing game anymore. I reckon Notts are a lot more determined now, and under Luke Williams, the squad has been relentless in pressuring teams at times. I just hope it's not one of those off days. We need to see a determined Notts County. Although I think Wrexham have the title in the bag, I'd like to see the club break 100 points and finish the season as strongly as possible.
-
Match Discussion: Game 11 - The Glovers (A)
The start of the season seemed different in a good way, being undefeated for so long and that one game seems to have stung the players more, leading to the two collapsed defeats. Well, I hope Yeovil will be a different outcome. I think Notts could win 2-0, if they work hard enough.
-
Notts County secure deal with Chesterfield for the services of wing-back Joel Taylor
???? its great to have you at Meadow Lane, Joel.
-
Match Discussion: Playoff semi-final - The Bees (H)
The pies are on the up, mighty, mighty pies. Great performance on BT Sports, I hope the weather is better in London when they make their trip to Wembley.
-
Match Discussion: Game 39 - The Spitfires (H)
Cracking result and a top performance which got going more in the second half. Its puts to rest the opening game!
-
Match Discussion: Game 24 - The Coasters (A)
I have my doubts about the game, but I am hopeful it will go ahead and that Notts gets the right results. All the points possible are needed now.
-
Match Discussion: Game 36 - Monkey Hangers (A)
God help if Notts lost tomorrow, there would be a massive meltdown and those who want Ardley out speaking up again.
-
Match Discussion: Game 35 - The Cardinals (H)
The first half at times was a joy to watch, O'Brien touches were magic and Dennis and Wootton worked very well together. Everything was coming through Roberts, which eventually slowed down. Enzio had another poor game for me, he had the chance to pass to any of 3 players but decided to go for glory. That was a bit selfish, as the other options could have been better. How many poor passes or crosses did he make in the first half? Yes, it's great to see him take on players but there's a time when it becomes to much. Second half, Woking played better. They made Notts work and I have to be honest Rawlinson looks different alongside Bird [who I thought defended the best out of the two]. Luck to scrape the draw, Notts needs to stop trying to walk the ball into the net. Roberts changes the dynamics, so why are we lacking that natural wide play?
-
Alexlevy0908: Best and worst Notts County away days this season
I think fans will appreciate going to Stevenage and Morecambe a lot more now.
-
Match Discussion: Game 31 - The Whites (H)
Good form makes a difference, with Kyle Wootton making his first appearance at home since signing I suspect the Kop will greet him with a roar.