Ref:
Jeremy Simpson
Assistant(s): Simon Brown and Simon Clayton
Fourth Official:Andy Woolmer

[Match Officials] - [Attendance Thread] - [Match Preview]

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I think it will be a county win. After Saturday I think we have found our focus. and momentum is on our side the 2 new player have helped if Campbell rice plays like he did sat and Bart continues his great form I'm going for a 2-0 county we will beat the drop

#coyp

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I'm going for 2-0 as well. Something say's this team (If kept intact) could do some damage with that kind of performance on Sat. 

Spenno 

Mac (Need s a goal) 

1000 notts fans 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I probably shouldn't but as we draw to Wolves in the JPT, I do now feel (especially after Coventry) that we could get something. This doesn't mean I wrote the game off, I always believe if we play well we can get something but it was a game I classed as 'very difficult'. I believe if we go into the game confident and ready, we could leave very happy.

Wolves have a strong squad, they've done well with their signings.

Thank god they didn't sign McGregor that would have made this fixture misriable. I hope Derry backs Spencer, I can't see him being dropped personally. Enoch can come into the mix when we want to hold our play more and scare their defence.

A big COME ON YOU PIES!!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not making any predictions but I feel far happier about the outcome than I did before last Saturday.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

i just read the article joe wrote on the match officials, its very interesting.

i hope we can avoid picking up cards on saturday, this is my main concern. i think notts could pick up a narrow win, tho it could go either way. 1-2 or 0-1 notts from me. i think our away support will be very good.

I'm not making any predictions but I feel far happier about the outcome than I did before last Saturday.

Why not? You seem to be very good at doing it. :)

i just read the article joe wrote on the match officials, its very interesting.

i hope we can avoid picking up cards on saturday, this is my main concern. i think notts could pick up a narrow win, tho it could go either way. 1-2 or 0-1 notts from me. i think our away support will be very good.

Thanks Liam, your too kind buddy! Appreciate your comments :)

Yes, we need to avoid picking up any cards. It's going to get to the point we need a starting 11, so no absences via suspensions would be nice.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

I think it will be a county win. After Saturday I think we have found our focus. and momentum is on our side the 2 new player have helped if Campbell rice plays like he did sat and Bart continues his great form I'm going for a 2-0 county we will beat the drop

#coyp

Your forgetting mullins or roberts but firmly agree with you.

campbell ryce as been very good under Derry, very different player and is showing a lot more class. I for one hope Bart as another easy game, its good when your keeper is untroubled because you know the squad have performed well usually.

The game will no doubt be tight. Notts win? I hope so.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627

I'm going to go with my default prediction of a 2-1 win to Notts

Anyone think Murray will be back in the team now, playing off Spencer? Or are we likely to stick with an attacking midfielder like we did last Saturday

I'm going to go with my default prediction of a 2-1 win to Notts

Anyone think Murray will be back in the team now, playing off Spencer? Or are we likely to stick with an attacking midfielder like we did last Saturday

I would, I think this duo will do well next season.

He could also rotate into a strikers position when we are holding play well enough, allowing him to drop back into midfield as and when needed. I wouldn't punish the lad further by keeping him on the bench, he's shown enough signs from the previous games that he has played. He rash getting red carded but all players do things like this.

Leacock, Sheehan are players who have returned for similar things, I believe Hayes did.

Let the lad play because he'll be keen to put the red card right. Hopefully by scoring!

• Content Count:  627

I would, I think this duo will do well next season.

He could also rotate into a strikers position when we are holding play well enough, allowing him to drop back into midfield as and when needed. I wouldn't punish the lad further by keeping him on the bench, he's shown enough signs from the previous games that he has played. He rash getting red carded but all players do things like this.

Leacock, Sheehan are players who have returned for similar things, I believe Hayes did.

Let the lad play because he'll be keen to put the red card right. Hopefully by scoring!

Will it mean we have to drop someone now we have Mullins in? We'd have to drop either an offensive midfielder (I'd say McGregor) or a defensive midfielder (I'd go with Boucard).

Would be interesting to see how well he'd work with Spencer's hold up play and flick ons

Will it mean we have to drop someone now we have Mullins in? We'd have to drop either an offensive midfielder (I'd say McGregor) or a defensive midfielder (I'd go with Boucard).

Would be interesting to see how well he'd work with Spencer's hold up play and flick ons

Boucaud!! He should come back a star when he returns, he's become a little to complacent for me.

Mullins pushing on a bit more would be ideal but his understanding of the game allows him to pick up poor/weak passes, it was a joy to watch him picking up the play and helping to dictate the tempo.

I concur, it will be. I see Murray and Spencer being a great partnership!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Selection options available now! Carry on from last Saturday,no silly fouls,every player give 100% , play as a team and show again what Notts are really capable of.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I cant believe everyone is tipping Notts to beat Wolves at Molineaux!!! This is very dangerous, look what happened last Saturday everyone tipped a Coventry win but we whipped 'em. So now everyone is predicting a Notts win...........

I'm going for 5-0 to Wolves.

• Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

It's a cliche to say that this is the most important game of the season, but it really is.

Funnily enough, it's not the result that matters so much as the manner of the performance. Are Spencer and Mullins properly ensconced in the team or was last weekend just a freaky one off.

And Molineux is where we shone even under Kiwomya earlier in the season so we can do it.

Let's be honest, all these earlier posters on this fred would say Notts might sneak home if it was a cup game against Arsenal. That's because they're so dyed in the wool that good sense goes out of the window.

The best we can hope for is a draw, but I think we just might manage a 1-1. Bart will be the key man on Saturday.

Look for Bristol C's result. They could be on a mini-revival with Cotters' magic touch. I hope not. That bloke is a bigger traitor than Fat Sam.  

i think the majority of liverpool fans felt they could win arsenal, they did. football is not a given right based on being better, its about two teams and sometimes the underdogs can win.

I cant believe everyone is tipping Notts to beat Wolves at Molineaux!!! This is very dangerous, look what happened last Saturday everyone tipped a Coventry win but we whipped 'em. So now everyone is predicting a Notts win...........

I'm going for 5-0 to Wolves.

whats wrong with that tony? people base things on performances, i would not say its based on solely beating coventry but the fact they see ck did well, under derry we should do better but that does not mean we will.

opinions really, if you say 5-0. we have lost the game before turning up! thanks :(

• Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

Its a tough game thats for sure.

Notts put on a good display against coventry, impressive to say the least. We know they can play well, its just getting out of the starting blocks. a lot about this game depends on our opposition. Will wolves want to out play us from the start? i would not suppose they would, this would undervalue us as a side. i think we might actually have the earlier chances fall our way, yet i see wolves winning the game.

Clarke will want to prove a point to his new club.

i think the majority of liverpool fans felt they could win arsenal, they did. football is not a given right based on being better, its about two teams and sometimes the underdogs can win.

whats wrong with that tony? people base things on performances, i would not say its based on solely beating coventry but the fact they see ck did well, under derry we should do better but that does not mean we will.

opinions really, if you say 5-0. we have lost the game before turning up! thanks :(

I think the point @tonyhateley is trying to make @liampie is the fact most people forecast a Notts loss v Coventry yet produced a great display and a 3 - 0 victory,so by predicting  5 - 0  Tony is actually trying to ensure a Notts win. :thumbsup:

No matter how the game goes, this seasons seen many big games compared to the last.

I don't call Doncaster a big game, I still think of them as the side they were when I was a kid. Anyone else the same? I find it hard to accept Wolves as anything more than a good Championship side but like Portsmouth they did okay at a point in the Premier League.

I think Notts could sneak a win, I think I predicted a 1-0 elsewhere. We could easily do that, it depends on how we perform.

I think the point @tonyhateley is trying to make @liampie is the fact most people forecast a Notts loss v Coventry yet produced a great display and a 3 - 0 victory,so by predicting  5 - 0  Tony is actually trying to ensure a Notts win. :thumbsup:

i know what he meant super, i was responding with my thoughts.

still if tony thinks we will 5-0, we will lose. we should stop him from predicting our score :P (i am joking)

still if tony thinks we will 5-0, we will lose. we should stop him from predicting our score :P (i am joking)

Sorry @liampie,I see what you mean now.(I've still got a headache)

Supporter+

Sorry @liampie, I was just being a bit silly, I certainly don't want them to lose 5-0, I'm sure whatever we predict won't have any affect whatsoever on the actual score . I don't know what the score will be its Notts we are talking about and we know that they can either play like world beaters (e.g. Versus Coventry) or like a pub team (e.g. Versus Walsall), apologies to anyone who plays in a pub team. :biggrin:

Sorry @liampie, I was just being a bit silly, I certainly don't want them to lose 5-0, I'm sure whatever we predict won't have any affect whatsoever on the actual score . I don't know what the score will be its Notts we are talking about and we know that they can either play like world beaters (e.g. Versus Coventry) or like a pub team (e.g. Versus Walsall), apologies to anyone who plays in a pub team. :biggrin:

i know you didnt :P

yeah we can play well if we wanted and worked hard for it.

Well it looks like heavy rain will be a big possibility tomorrow, I wonder how their ground will cope?

There's a slight chance I might go out for a little bit, however if it's raining I can't see it happening. I already have a cold but I have been enjoying spending match days I am not attending with my family, of course I still come on PoN.

I still feel very positive, Kenny Jackett had good words for us.

JCR will be vital, as will our wonderkids Jack and Callum. I think we need to make sure we see more of the ball and use it wisely, I'd personally run at Wolves. Get Jack and Callum linking up, allow JCR to find space on the flanks and have Mullins and probably boucaud helping keep the passing crisp. If they come at us, which is very likely. The defence must stand tall and be aware, if Sheehan remains in the centre of the field this will be a plus for us.

How long will Deano be rested?

Supporter+

Deano is injured according to Radio Nottm.

Archived