Kairo Mitchell joins Eastleigh on loan

Piethagoram

He doesn't look thrilled, does he?  Honestly, it's about time we moved him on, but what does that mean for us? I hope its a sign than someone else might be coming in to help Langstaff/Scott. Someone who can hold the ball up similar to Wootton but pacey too.

Hope he does well there, don’t understand the minority of fans that just bad mouth him. For someone who got very little game time going by Luke Williams opinion of him he didn’t disrupt the group or moan, just continued to train hard.

Even if we sign someone else now it’s going to be hard for them to get into the team. Langstaff and Scott are surely 1st and 2nd choice. We'd basically be signing someone to be 3rd choice… I can’t imagine a club would want to loan out a young striker for them to potentially get very little game time. And I know some loans have clauses about minimum game time too, I don’t want Langstaff suddenly rotated in the run in for a loanee!

I’d imagine an incoming would be a player we’ve tracked for a while and have decided to sign them now or if it was a loan it would be basically because they’ve got no future at the club and we’d then be looking to sign them permanently at the end of the season.

(😬*Given my track record of logic and predictions, cue loan of promising youngster from Champ/L1 club…)

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 2

I personally feel we've had better players who did more, which fans never accepted. I think to pluck someone off the top of my head would be the likes of Izale McCloud, or maybe Yoann Arquin.

Both these players got branded lazy, however, for me, it's more about Kairo Mitchell's ability.

He's had plenty of opportunity to come into the squad and do well, and I am pleased the clubs moved past just having players for the sake of it. We are wanting to improve, that's my stance on Mitchell. I just don't think he's technically all that gifted, aware or a natural striker.

Having two very good strikers will always be difficult for a third player, hence why I feel a different type of player could help make Notts less predictable and break up what we do have.

Yet, also able to change matches where you just need someone a little different. Heaven forbid one of them gets injured, we'd still need a good player and I personally don't think Mitchell can score more often with a team like our own.

Some fans are much more critical and even personal towards him, I think that comes from the typical fan element of the game and having paid an undisclosed fee.

It's a good move, one which should've happened a lot sooner. I personally would've shown him the door in the summer, but I suspect we wanted to keep him just in case. He'll probably do well somewhere that aren't as polished as us, somewhere he can settle and fight.

Then again, when we signed him from Chesterfield - he was hyped as a goalscorer, something he's never been.

Except when he was much lower down, which is probably why he tended to do well in the against those types of sides for us. I also wouldn't buy any arguments about him being a sub or someone played out of position. We simply can do better, that's my view.

• Like 2

It's definitely a good move from his point of view. His chances have been limited, and even when he was in the goals he quickly found himself on the bench again. If he gets a run of games, he's perfectly good enough for this level, but we're aiming higher.

My issue is that this leaves us a little thin in terms of numbers - we've got Langstaff, Scott and Rodders who can play up front, and Rodders is suspended on Saturday. That's more than a bit thin. Ideally we need someone we can bring off the bench when our regular strikers are tiring and who offers something a bit different when we're chasing points, but who? As @menzinho says, how many clubs will be willing to loan out strikers knowing full well they'll be warming the bench more often than not?

• 1 month later...

i dont think hes good enough for this level but that does not mean i hate or unappreciate that he gives 100%.

he should be doing much better with his opportunity at eastleigh in my opinion, their fans dont really rate him either. i have read comments by their fans before he got sent off that claimed he had an attitude. i thought the loan move would give him a chance to prove himself.