its over....

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

KIlFTmr.jpg

twice luke williams has said the title is out of reach, mind games or not. how do you feel?

6 games left, i hate to say it but at this point i dont see wrexham dropping enough points for us to sneak back top. i do believe williams is hopeful that we can compete still when he said these comments about it being over, i just feel now it really is.

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

This season has been a rollercoaster ride for both Notts County and Wrexham, regardless of the final outcome. As a fan, I feel that it's important to recognise the effort and dedication that both teams have put in. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of supporting our favourite team, but it's equally important to appreciate the competition that has been presented to us.

I've noticed that there's been a lot of negativity directed towards Wrexham, and I think it's time to put an end to it. They've had an impressive season and have done just as well as we have. While we may have experienced some setbacks due to refereeing decisions, it's important to acknowledge that it wasn't Wrexham's fault. They've worked hard and have rightfully earned their position at the top of the table.

Despite the challenges we've faced this season, I believe that Notts County still has a fighting chance to secure promotion. It's crucial that we continue to push ourselves and approach each game with the mindset that we're still in the title race. Even if we don't clinch the top spot, we need to use the disappointment of falling short to motivate us during the playoffs. We have the talent and the grit to ensure that we deserve to be promoted. Let's keep cheering on the pies and believe that we can achieve great things.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

No Notts fan can compare this current squad or manager to previous teams who haven't been entirely successful in the playoffs. The same can be said for those who are hyping Chesterfield. They gave up their claims to the title race very early on in the season. Although they have pulled off some good victories, they have not played consistently good football in my opinion. They have spells of dominance and patches where they look average at best. We should not fear any team!

I absolutely agree that we need to see out the remainder of the league games as if we want to win them all. Securing over 100 points and scoring 100 goals says a lot about where we are right now as a football club.

• Like 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It is over, but we're still battling and that's certainly something to be proud of.

If by some chance Wrexham drops a point, and we keep winning, including against them, and somehow manage to go level on points or one point better off - it will be a miracle. Notts never has this sort of lady luck, we are the team that goes down on goal difference, or a few points off. We miss the playoffs for the same reason; very rarely do we ever get a break even when it is fully deserved. Some fans have told me we had this luck in 2009, when we won the title in League Two.

Steve Cotterill didn't pull off a miracle; he just gave structure and organisation to an already talented squad.

A squad that underperformed due to the amount of managers we had, when simply Charlie McParland should've been left in charge. There was never any doubt that season that one team would be running away with the league, both Bournemouth and Rochdale gave strong competition.

Morecambe and Rotherham United also fell wayward but had good seasons.

The sheer amount of reinforcements that Wrexham have brought in, is partly to prepare for next season but also to make them stronger against us. It's going to be tough, but unless something dramatically changes, us winning the league is over.

We've had a good attempt, a great season and the club has forged a strong advantage with the playoffs in order to return to the Football League.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I firmly believe that Wrexham is now in pole position to win the league title. However, with their recent squad reinforcements, including a solid goalkeeper at this level, quality midfield additions, and players to support Mullin in scoring goals, they should have enough firepower to keep their momentum going and secure the championship. Undoubtedly, it won't be an easy feat, and it's crucial for Notts to maintain their winning streak.

Wrexham has demonstrated their ambition and determination to win by investing in new players. A team's success often hinges on the strength of their squad, and Wrexham has made significant strides in this regard. The addition of a goalkeeper with a proven track record at a higher level and the signing of quality midfielders is bound to enhance their overall gameplay. Mullin is a proven goal scorer, and the new additions will offer the necessary support to help him achieve even greater success.

Despite Wrexham's current position, Notts cannot be ruled out just yet. They must continue to push themselves and win every game if they hope to have a chance of catching up with Wrexham. This will undoubtedly add more pressure to Wrexham's players, but they have already shown their mettle and determination, and I have faith that they can rise to the challenge.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

Yes, if we win tomorrow, it could make folk change their minds. But then again, we'll be two games ahead of them, and winning is dead important to keep that lead. Personally, I reckon it's gonna be tough, but until it's no longer possible on paper, I'll keep wishing for the best.