The remaining 3 fixtures: Woking, Maidstone and York City

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

With the remaining three fixtures, how would you approach them if you were Luke Williams? Would you consider resting some of the key players? For example, Ruben Rodrigues, Adam Chicksen, and Sam Slocombe? Perhaps allow some of the fringe players to get some game time whilst they rested for the playoffs.

If not, do you feel it's important to continue playing the same squad for consistency purposes? Keep the form going, allow the players to see out their form and hope that they're ready for the next stage of our season. Do you feel the title is still up for grabs? It is possible, although unlikely, that Wrexham may slip. So how do we proceed from this point in your opinion?

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Based on the Wrexham game and other comments, some players may benefit from getting some rest. It may not have been an option for Luke Williams during the Wrexham game, but as the playoffs approach, it may be necessary to make some changes in certain areas.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Realistically Wrexham aren't going to lose two of their last four, but I don't want to see LW give up and make wholesale changes until it's mathematically certain - if they suffer a case of "after the lord mayor's show" and lose their next game, we could still take it to the wire.

Rodders and Chicksen could maybe do with a test, while Jones, Vincent and Slocombe would benefit from more minutes. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

@DangerousSausage, i thought slocombe did not quite look his usual self. i dont blame him for any of the goals, but i think if he was 100% some of those he would have done better with. i mean he pulled two vital saves which looked certain goals and he was let down by the back three defenders, wing backs too. he just seems like he may need a bit longer to be himself.

jones and austin needs to be starting more games full stop.

nemane is a good player, but defensively hes one of the weakest players.

chicksen does not really have anyone to challenge or allow him to rest, what with taylor leaving. :( 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

For Woking, we need to play our strongest side as the last thing we want to be doing is giving them a psychological boost ahead of the playoffs. For the last two matches, I would be trying to put minutes into the legs of Brindley, Scott, Morias, Vincent and Jones as they could be key players and we need them to be as sharp as possible.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t think Sam Slocombe should be rested anymore either, he needs to get his match fitness back and the more he plays now, the better he should be when it matters. I do believe that Adam Chicksen needs a rest, as does Ruben Rodrigues. I like Aaron Nemane, I wouldn’t drop him but I would instruct him to at least try to defend.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

I've got little to no interest in the final three games I just want to get on with the play offs.. I think we just need to have a play about and see what combinations work for us to pick the best possible 11 to get us through the play offs.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Points aren't needed, we are strong enough to win games allowing key players to rest. Provided Luke Williams doesn't drop Macaulay Langstaff, I think anyone else, including Ruben Rodrigues is fair game.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Now that Woking is out of the picture, I don't expect to see many players being rested. Luke Williams may wait until the final home game against York City to throw a few surprises. By doing this, I think he will maintain the current form and then have a break before the first playoff game. I would have thought that some players would be rested, but I believe Williams still secretly has his eyes on the title. That may explain his recent post-match press conference.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

It would be foolish to experiment too much until everything is finally decided, but I can't see Wrexham fluffing their lines in both their remaining games. I had pinned my hopes on Torquay, but they might be down by the final day anyway.

I think LW has gone about it correctly, we've got a few players returning who'll need minutes to get them sharp again, but too much upheaval would be counterproductive.