the frustration is real: 106 points but still no title party!

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

i noticed that @Dan shared this on facebook, i thought it would be nice to share with those overseas and general fans as it did well last time.

NUxFrZV.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Thanks for sharing - it is all a bit bizarre isn't it? It can end two ways now. After another 270 minutes of football we can make it a glorious, unique or unforgettable promotion season, or - and this is the one I'm dreading - become the best runners-up of all time with nothing to show for it.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  882
  • Days Won:  1

It’s really tough to see Notts County hit 106 points and still not be able to gain automatic promotion. The playoffs can be a depressing route, but at some point, it has to work out in Notts’ favour. If we look back at the early 90s playoff games, we can see how Notts improved from losing out to Brighton. This squad has a real character about themselves and they know how to fight for it. They’ve achieved the highest points tally ever in English football without winning the league, so they definitely have what it takes to succeed.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  905
  • Days Won:  3

I must say, this must fuel the players to get the job done and get Notts promoted. Those players who have experienced us reaching the final and semi-final, they need to go that extra mile to get us back to the Football League. It takes hard work and determination, but I have faith in our boys. They have what it takes to get us back where we belong.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

After carefully eyeing up the stats, it looks like Notts could have won by more. It's interesting to see. Thanks to @Dan and @liampie for sharing the piece. Unfortunately, the title says it all.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

It’s such a shame that Notts didn’t get promoted on 106 points. But I truly believe that if they can do it once, they can do it again. If the club maintains this level of players, there’s no doubt in my mind that they’ll achieve promotion again.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Although the media promotes that teams with such high point totals are usually promoted, the real takeaway is how we quickly improved from a team that struggled to make the playoffs last year. This season, we have been breaking records and winning like we haven't for years. Usually nearer Christmas the bubble bursts, but not this time. I full-heartedly believe that the players know what it will take and will rise to the occasion.

To say that we have been consistent at this level, gives hope that we can be in the next.

Whilst it's disappointing in a very minor way, at least for me that we haven't won the league. Seeing the club's progress and the enjoyment of the fan base during watch days is encouraging to me, especially during this pleasurable point in Notts County's history.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It's truly remarkable to see Notts potentially finishing the season on 109 points, a feat that usually guarantees a league or promotion win. Despite this achievement, one must come to terms with the fact that sometimes the competition can be tougher, and even such a remarkable performance may not guarantee success. However, the exciting part of sports lies in its unpredictability, and the fact that Wrexham is also performing well and potentially winning the National League title only adds to the thrill and competitiveness of the season.

• Like 2