Notts feature on David Squire's cartoon strip for the Guardian

Piethagoram

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

Is the person who created the "Big Al" cartoon the same one who made a mistake on Twitter?

The comic strip is humorous, but it's good that it highlights the sales of Cal Roberts and the potential compensation from FGR. The Reedtz have made good investments in Notts and it's not fair to make fun of them for doing what they thought was best.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

well said @Piethagoram, the press dont care about the truth if it gets in the way of their story and in this case a funny but quite biased at the same time.

• Like 2

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Comparing our spending to Wrexham's is like saying Nottingham Forest refused to invest and opted to fight like Derby County, who were relegated with the lowest-ever points tally in the Premier League.

'Welcome to Wrexham' revealed that the money paid to Paul Mullin's agent was an excessive premium.

It's quite amusing the comic strip, especially seeing King Charles III - the pen reference is incredibly witty in my opinion. The part which depicts Wrexham's mascot breathing fire on what appears to be Mr Magpie is a bit stupid. "It might be nicer around here if they both clear off.", yes because all this attention generated for the National League hasn't benefitted any other clubs. It hasn't been a positive message for the 5th tier of English football. 

Still it's funny, just a bit lacking in areas but credit to @Piethagoram for trying to put the point across regarding our spending.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,371
  • Days Won:  1

To be honest, I found it amusing. It’s just a witty way of making light of things in general.

• Love 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It's unfortunate that newspaper comic strips often lack accuracy and thorough research, but it is refreshing to see some actual data being presented about Notts County's fees for picking up other clubs' talent. While it may not be as significant as some of the larger sums seen in the market, it is still noteworthy that Notts County is spending more than other clubs like Stockport, Grimsby, or Barrow. This sheds some light on the financial side of the game and adds an interesting element to the discussion.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,506
  • Days Won:  287

I like his comic strips, but I actually missed this one!

"Financially pumped-up behemoths" sounds a bit much in relation to Notts, but Wealdstone or Alty fans might feel differently. Our owners are putting nearly 2 million pounds into the club every season, and that puts us in a different league financially. That's less than what's been put into Wrexham, which in turn is chickenfeed compared to the top levels of the game. So it's all relative. 

It does take credit away from the excellent work the club has been doing to rebuild over the last few years (Chesterfield probably at least match our spending, and we left them standing). But the last time we were featured is when our former chairman got his "little Alan" out on Twitter, so this is an improvement 😁

• Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

Notts has been smart with their spending fees and strengthening the squad. I have never felt that Notts were in a position to throw silly money away in order to get out of the league. That can create its own trouble. I also remember reading that the Reedtz took on the debt without a view to claim it back from off the club.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

1683069686840.jpg

The Narrative FC? Holy guacamole, this is one for the history books! Someone’s gotta point me in the direction of this comedy goldmine. Don’t worry, no child labor involved - just a bunch of Oompa Loompas working overtime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4