18 July Matlock Town v Notts pre season friendly

Piethagoram

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This will be mostly featuring youth team players and trialists, I suspect. I think that their match-up against Skegness is quite promising. I've been tempted to go see them play. A few years ago, I was walking past taking pictures, and they kindly offered me in to take more. I snapped a few, but with me being with my family and on our seaside holiday I cut it short. This club is exceptionally kind.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

It’s great to hear that a good pre-season friendly has been announced. I’m curious if the Notts media team is pleased with this development. I recall that a few seasons ago, there was some discontent regarding a friendly with Ilkeston.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

how far is matlock from nottingham? its in the peak district right?

i might drive to it if anyone if anyone is interested? @Chris @CliftonMagpie @TheSkipper. i know its early, just think about it.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

Matlock isn’t exactly an exciting team to face. It must be for the fringe players. I’d rather play against Carlton Town, Basford Town or similar teams.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I must admit, I'm a little disappointed that Notts County will only be taking on a trialist or youth team. However, I do think it's important that we support our team, no matter who they're playing against. After all, it's not just about whether we win or lose – it's about being there for our team and showing them that we're behind them, no matter what. So, whether we're up against a big-name club or a group of young hopefuls, I'll be there cheering Notts County on with all my heart. Let's show them what true fans are made of!