"Pre-Season Event"

KB1862

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

What do you guys think about this? 

Feels like they've underestimated Notts and not been prepared for such an occasion. 

As you can imagine it hasn't gone down too well on social media. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think they’ve realised they’ve made a big mistake and are doing their best to rectify it but not losing face.

• Like 3

@Fan of Big Tone fair assessment that. 

I think it was an underestimation about them doing it or having a turn out. As you say they're trying to keep face after seeing the celebrations that happened after. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

they always do this with notts though, any chance the council get to pretend notts does not exist whilst sucking up to forest. i bet theirs was not cheap but quite rightly happened. as a footballing city we should have the chance to celebrate.

its a mistake if they thought out fans would take it quietly, i do hope people in the club have been fighting our corner too.

i cringed when i thought alan hardy wanted to pay for it, he needs banning from notts county.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  882
  • Days Won:  1

It’s great to see common sense prevail. Why should it cost so much? Surely it can be done within a reasonable budget without wasting money. I’m glad that Notts will finally have their day!

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am hoping I don't miss this and that I feel well enough to attend. It would be nice to take the lads @super_pie and @callum2569.

I'm pleased that the Nottingham City council has rethought their decision, I did feel it was a poor touch on their behalf to reject and not make room for some form of event for us. They'd never dream of doing this to Forest, that for me is the thing which I dislike the most. They clearly felt we would just accept it.

@Chris 100% there. 

While it may be an after thought to put on something like this, I'm sure it will still be well attended and at least it's something. 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I understand the disappointment that some may feel regarding the Nottingham City council, but as someone who is overseas, it's difficult for me to be affected in the same way. When I lived in the UK, I personally never rated the Nottingham City council, which is why I chose to live in other areas such as Derbyshire. It's understandable that some may feel more affected by this news, but it's important to remember that there are other options and places to live outside of Nottingham. Hopefully, the council will take the necessary steps to improve and meet the needs of its residents.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The decision to prevent a city centre celebration, in my opinion, was a missed opportunity. The celebration could have potentially boosted the local economy by generating income for the city's bars, pubs and food establishments. It's unfortunate that they didn't consider the positive impact that the celebration could have had on the community. Perhaps they underestimated the passion and enthusiasm of fans and underestimated the importance of communal celebration after a significant event. It's a shame, but there may still be opportunities for different types of celebrations in the future.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

They've missed the boat, it's all a bit pointless now. In July we'll all be thinking of next season, and some of our promotion heroes might have moved on by then. Very poor.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@DangerousSausage: This is why we should host our own open day. It would benefit the club to save no thank you to Nottingham City Council and just proceed with something in the new season.

When we won League Two we had a brilliant open day before the first League One campaign.

If the club did their homework, they could turn the day into a profit by changing vendors to be present. Or, they could just do it for free, but I would imagine drinks, food etc would be a popular selling point.