Do You Have a Favourite Seat?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I was just wondering if anyone else has a favourite seat in their home or office that they always sit in and won’t let anyone else sit in. Maybe it’s a comfy armchair in the living room or a specific spot at the kitchen table. Whatever it is, do you have a special attachment to that seat and feel like it’s ‘yours’?

Do you have a favourite seat that you won’t let anyone else sit in?

• Like 7

• AmericanPie changed the title to Do You Have a Favourite Seat?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes I’ve got my armchair which rocks, reclines and swivels and has a pop out foot rest. Everyone in the family knows it’s my chair and woe betide them if they forget, the grandkids did like to play in it when very young toddlers but soon learnt it was “grandads chair”. :biggrin:

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Not yet, I have a sofa in my flat and a desk near a window overlooking a part of Manchester’s canals that I like sitting at when writing. I don’t get stressed if I have guests over and they sit down; they can sit where they like.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Before we changed to our corner sofa, we used to have sofa's and one of which was fully mine. I slept, ate, watched and had some many good times with it. On occasions one of my children would sit with me, but because Cheeky say on the other and due to it being bigger (it was for 3 people but 5 could easily sit on it with Elbow space), the kids would pile on that. Leaving me to my own sofa of paradise.

These days, I'm lucky to get a seat. Ava takes the corner and sides of her and someone is always at the other end. I may get lucky, if Ellie isn't down but usually she does like laying next to Kate.

• Haha 4

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

my dad does and he lives alone, one day i will take it and claim it as mine. then when he comes over, i will say thats my seat. 😂 i dont have one just for myself, i find it funny but i get why some do. location in the room and comfort.

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

No, I don’t. I do eye up an electric chair that I like the look of, but I know others will sit in it when I am not around and if it’s mine, nobody will. So, I don’t buy it.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

When I used to visit my mam in the old folks home, all the residents had their own seats and would get very uptight if anyone else sat in them, before she developed dementia she would say “don’t sit in that seat it’s Mrs, Johnson’s” or whoever. So I had to find a seat that wasn’t “owned” by someone. 😂

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

Yes, I have a seat that no one else sits in and it’s positioned close to the TV in the living room. Not that I need to see it close up, it’s just the best position for it.

• Like 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@AmericanPie 100% I have a favourite seat especially when it comes to gaming. It's the sofa that's directly facing the TV in the perfect position for avoiding glare on a sunny day and being at the right angle. It feels weird sitting elsewhere although I will do occasionally if someone else is already in that spot. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

At home, no. However, at work it's a different story. I get very annoyed when I find that it's been moved from my security office. It's often being pinched, so I've taken to chaining it up when I leave to make sure it doesn't leave the room. I don't mind if daytime security personnel use it, but it's actually my own chair and I don't like it being taken without permission.

• Like 1