Chicksen thoughts on efl2

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’m not sure what IQ has to do with it I think you can be as thick as two short planks but be a brilliant footballer. :rollonfloorlaughing:

However I know what he’s trying to say, Notts will indeed face greater challenges this season obviously because they have moved up a league.

Having said that I don’t think the gulf is that great that Notts will struggle, we have an exceptional manager and a good squad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i think he means just better quality of footballers than iq because there are some smart players who are rubbish and some that are thick who are exceptional. i think the benefits of league two is the increase in automatic promotion places and of course hopefully starting good winning streaks.

this is another good interview by david jackson.

• Like 9

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I hope Adam Chicksen is right, because the better players you play, the more money your team spends on wages. Notts has to adapt and continue on their current path. I would avoid rapid growth because it's generally short term. If it helps bring in gains for the long term, that's great.

I think David Jackson is going through the team one by one. 😛 

• Like 7

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  1

I suppose we will have to see how the players react. Many of them have not played at League Two level before, so we are going to need the experience and the whole squad to work hard. Adam Chicksen, having experience at this level, will need to continue his performances from last season. It will be interesting to see how it pans out over the course of the season.

• Like 6

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I hope Adam Chicksen is right, but we need everyone to continue to work hard for the club. No league is easy, but we have a real chance of securing the club’s immediate future by eventually establishing ourselves as a League One team. If the club continues as we are, things will only continue to get better.

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Adam Chicksen has touched upon many positive things. Returning to the Football League and repeating the push for promotion that we’ve seen us achieve in the National League will be a positive thing. It would be even better if we managed back-to-back promotions, but it’s a lot easier on the club if we finish as high as possible because this lifts the fan base. It would be good to be a better-than-average League Two team, but one pushing for promotion.

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355

It’s good to see that Adam Chicksen is aware of the challenges that Notts will face in League Two, whilst actively working to improve and adapt to the higher level of competition. The addition of new signings with EFL experience will certainly help the team in their transition to the fourth-tier. It’s also interesting to hear Chicksen’s thoughts on the increased level of “smart” players in higher leagues and how the team must continue to evolve and improve to stay competitive. It seems like Notts County is taking the right steps to ensure their success in League Two, and I’m excited to see how we will perform this season. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419

The quality of the opposition helps. I think it will benefit players from outside the football league and youth players. It won't benefit experienced players or those close to their potential as much, but that's normal. There are still many players who show signs of growth, which is encouraging.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I hope Adam Chicksen is right. We need to see the defence tighten up a bit more, but I am confident that the club has goals in them. We just need to balance it a bit more, but the article is a good read. Very detailed; David Jackson has done well with them.

• Like 1