Weekend Plans Friday 28th - Sunday 30th

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

What weekend plans have we all got this weekend? Let PoN know what you’re up to or what you have been up to this weekend.

Today we are waiting in for a special delivery of Notts shirts. @George L has opted for the home shirt but his younger brother Fred is having a training top. After spending £90 on them I can’t afford one for me. :biggrin: I actually prefer to wear my 20 year old shirt my two sons bought me for my 50th.

Saturday I’ll be doing my usual park run in the morning and in the afternoon I’ll be taking Mrs. T to the QMC to have an Echo Cardiogram so that’ll be fun (not). I’ll have an eye on the result at Shrewsbury of course.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

No specific plans this weekend.  I hope to do my local Parkrun, but the last couple of weeks have been marred by injury, so I'll see how I feel.  Other than that it will be Dad's Taxi service most of the time... oh and trying to get tickets for the Sutton game (if they ever go on sale).

• Like 6

Supporter+
43 minutes ago, Ohh Tommy Johnson said:

No specific plans this weekend.  I hope to do my local Parkrun, but the last couple of weeks have been marred by injury, so I'll see how I feel.  Other than that it will be Dad's Taxi service most of the time... oh and trying to get tickets for the Sutton game (if they ever go on sale).

@Ohh Tommy Johnson Good to see another park runner on here, where do you run?

• Like 5

• Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Ohh Tommy Johnson Good to see another park runner on here, where do you run?

My home one is Margate which can be lovely on a nice morning, horrific if it's windy! It's out and back and undulating (but not hilly).  How about you @Fan of Big Tone?

• Like 4

Supporter+
23 minutes ago, Ohh Tommy Johnson said:

My home one is Margate which can be lovely on a nice morning, horrific if it's windy! It's out and back and undulating (but not hilly).  How about you @Fan of Big Tone?

Margate sounds nice, I did one near Bridlington the other week, it was on a cliff top and horrendously windy, my local park run is Long Eaton, nr. Nottingham which thankfully is very flat, my best time is 32 minutes not bad for an old 'un. There is actually a chap who is 95 who walks the course every week with two sticks, I hope I can do that if I'm lucky enough to reach that age.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,770
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I'm off to see Notts at Shrewsbury. 

Thoughts with Mrs @Fan of Big Tone. I had an echo cardiogram a year or so ago... a 20 minute appointment at the hospital turned into 45 minutes, just think the attractive doctor loved putting the gel on me 😁🫀 My rib cage really felt bruised at the end of it

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I will hopefully watch The Rams final pre-season game on Rams tv.I will probably have a visit at sometime over weekend from family, depending on weather.

My thoughts will also be with Mrs @Fan of Big Tone.I hope she has no problems and all is well.Please let us know that she is OK  @Fan of Big Tone

• Like 4

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, super_ram said:

I will hopefully watch The Rams final pre-season game on Rams tv.I will probably have a visit at sometime over weekend from family, depending on weather.

My thoughts will also be with Mrs @Fan of Big Tone.I hope she has no problems and all is well.Please let us know that she is OK  @Fan of Big Tone

Thanks @Piethagoram and @super_ram we are just glad she is getting an appointment to see what the problem is, then at least she'll be getting some treatment. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

8 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

After spending £90 on them I can’t afford one for me. :biggrin: I actually prefer to wear my 20 year old shirt my two sons bought me for my 50th.

My grandfather would do this with me and my brother, he would buy us ours and go without for himself. The only Notts-related shirt I recall him having was this polo shirt with the single magpie on.

I have no plans, I am not going to Shrewsbury. I had wanted to go, but I have felt very tired the past few days, so I am listening to my body and resting today/Saturday. I do hope to have a short walk, as I need to continue with my weight loss and hopefully my brother will join me in paying @super_ram a visit.

At the very least it would be me and @super_pie.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

I am going to Shrewsbury tomorrow, no plans other than that.

Sunday I usually go to my mums but I think she's going out with my Aunt, so I will probably just sit at home on my own. 😛 

• Like 4

Supporter+
1 minute ago, liampie said:

I am going to Shrewsbury tomorrow, no plans other than that.

Sunday I usually go to my mums but I think she's going out with my Aunt, so I will probably just sit at home on my own. 😛 

What!!! No Mum’s home cooked Sunday lunch!! I guess it’ll be a cold tin of beans sitting on the sofa at home then. :joker:

• Haha 2

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

1 minute ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

What!!! No Mum’s home cooked Sunday lunch!! I guess it’ll be a cold tin of beans sitting on the sofa at home then. :joker:

more like chips and pizza, with crisps and other snacks. 😛 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

Yesterday, I didn’t do much of anything. Today, I went to see the final pre-season game with @liampie, and tomorrow I’m back to doing nothing. 😛 

• Like 3

Supporter+

Well we went to QMC for Mrs. T’s echo cardiogram and they didn’t keep her in so that’s good news, they didn’t tell her the results but the heart doctor will be in touch next week, she’s already been told she will need an operation, so we’ll see what happens next.

Tomorrow we see grandson @George L for a day out while the rest of the family are doing other things, so looking forward to that.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I'm very pleased to read this, @Fan of Big Tone. Knowing that things are going well must be a huge relief. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I won't be having a walk with my brother, as he's out with his family. I'll pop to see @super_ram still.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I haven’t done much at all. I spent most of the day just tidying up and playing on my PlayStation. Tomorrow, I might get out for a walk. If I can, then it should be good, but knowing my luck, it will rain all day. It was supposed to rain today, but it was actually quite nice out, yet I still made no plans.

• Like 3

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I'm so pleased to read  the positive outcome for Mrs T.It must be a huge relief for you both .Please pass on my best wishes to your better half  @Fan of Big Tone and also enjoy your day tomorrow

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Not doing much this weekend, trying to get over my bad headache as usual. Housework and usual things but thats it

Im glad mrs T was ok at her appointment.

• Like 4

Supporter+

Nice day out with @George L we went to the exhibition of miniature sculptures in Wollaton hall, they are viewed through microscopes because they are so tiny, can you imagine a sculpture of Ronaldo inside the eye of a needle? I kid you not, that’s just one, they are all amazing, if you haven’t seen it you’ve got to go it’s amazing, it’s on until October,

We had a walk around the lake in the park, then lunch at the Admiral Rodney in the village before heading back to George’s where he thrashed me at FIFA football on the Xbox. My excuse was I’ve never played it before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@super_pie and I, did go see @super_ram and we had a lovely conversation. My dad and me, not Jake. He barely spoke, the art of conversation or even paying attention seems to be lost in his mobile.

It was nice though, Super was debating what to have to eat.

He still hadn't decided by the time we left, so his evening is going to be action packed with thoughts of food. Bless him, he's spoilt for choice. It was my mum who was the one who was decisive. 😛  

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Yesterday, I wasn’t able to get to the Shrewsbury game. Train delays meant the timing wouldn’t work, so I had to miss it. Instead, I ended up walking around Manchester and sightseeing. Today, I have been watching the rain come and go, sitting near my favourite view of the barges floating by and listening to the radio.

• Like 2