An interesting story from Brazil... Red Bull Bragatino

Piethagoram

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

I believe Red Bull constitutes a concern for football clubs. They inject funds into teams as a method to enhance their profile and accumulate assets. I fail to comprehend their interest in acquiring a team in Brazil. The narrative is intriguing; unsurprisingly, it has sparked controversy. What is striking is its general acceptance. This situation will likely undergo rapid transformation once their interest wanes.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

The presence of numerous inserts interspersed within the content proves to be distracting and impedes my focus on the storyline. This sensation actually led me to abandon the task. Entities like Red Bull indeed exploit clubs as a means to safeguard their investments. In essence, it functions as a major sponsorship arrangement.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It’s fascinating to read about the transformation of Clube Atletico Bragantino into Red Bull Bragantino. The club’s journey from its early history, through its ups and downs, to its resurgence and progress is truly remarkable. Red Bull’s involvement has undoubtedly played a significant role in the club’s recent success, with their financial backing and robust scouting system leading to strategic signings and the development of talent. Red Bull’s involvement in Brazilian football, it’s clear that for fans of Bragantino, the investment has brought about positive change. It will be interesting to see how the club continues to progress in the future, with participation in international competitions like the Copa Libertadores. This is a great example of how a partnership can transform a club’s fortunes and make them a significant presence in the football world.

I personally have a distaste for the change in the club's name. I don't believe that Red Bull needs to undertake this alteration for every team under their ownership. The club's identity isn't just about branding; it's about a community, and the name holds historical significance for its supporters. It's reminiscent of when the owner of Cardiff altered their logo and jerseys to red. It's a situation that leaves you bewildered, questioning the reasoning behind such decisions.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Stories like this are always a good read until something goes wrong, Red Bulls targeting of clubs that they can invest in and turn around their fortunes almost comes across as brainwashing true supporters with promises of glory.

I think it's RB Leipzig where some of the original supporters still don't like the rebranding of the club.

I echo the sentiments that there's zero need for "Red Bull" to be put into the club's name, it's just their PR trick. Imagine if we became Red Bull Notts County, those fans who just accept it, I can't imagine would really care about the club, or it's history. It's fine with Red Bull owning clubs, but it is concerning how they have two teams in Europe and are expending into other countries. It makes you wonder what the real motives are.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I hope it works out for them, I don’t know much about the football there but it does make me curious as to why Red Bull decided to purchase them.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@Joshua probably to access players easier for their european clubs, i cant see the reasoning behind it otherwise. they are a company that want to make money, not waste it on owning football teams.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

On 24/08/2023 at 17:57, Chris said:

I think it's RB Leipzig where some of the original supporters still don't like the rebranding of the club.

You're thinking of Salzburg, who were already a top-flight club when the fizzy drinks company turned up, changed the name and colours and attempted to delete its history. In Leipzig they took over an amateur club's league position and drove a coach and horses through league rules in a country where a company cannot "own" a club outright. Shame on the authorities for letting it happen. I'd rather Bayern won the next 50 Bundesliga titles than Red Bull's marketing gimmick get near to it once.

This looks like another Salzburg in the making. A huge shame for that club's loyal supporters.

• Like 1