Harrogate's Luke Armstrong failed transfer to Wrexham

Piethagoram

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

The issue is that when a bigger club expresses interest in a player and the club refuses to negotiate, they weaken their position if the player decides to run out his contract. I would imagine that if the offer is lucrative, Harrogate should have accepted it or asked for a reasonable amount.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Honestly, I think they could find better options. I think Luke Armstrong is beneath FL standard and only tends to do well in teams where he's seen as an important player. Where there's better quality, he shows for the lack of standard.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

He is highly overrated; his scoring form has only been notable with Carlisle and Harrogate. Wrexham is pursuing players who won't provide long-term strength to the team. In League Two, he is merely average, so why would he perform better with a team aspiring for Championship football? He is the kind of player we would have desired prior to the arrival of the Reedtz.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Wrexham appears to have a strong determination to enhance their attacking prowess. However, it would be wise for them to also assess their defenders and midfielders, as these areas play a crucial role in providing a solid foundation for the forwards to thrive. By bolstering the quality in these positions, the team can create a more conducive environment for their attacking players to excel and make a greater impact on the game.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

harrogate need him more than wrexham. i fully understand why they are in no rush to sell him.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Some players are worth holding onto.

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Harrogate Town will do well to retain Luke Armstrong during the next window. While I believe he would be a good League Two player, I think that’s about his limit. I’m surprised that Wrexham are interested in him.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I'm certain that we might have overlooked a target or two. The main difference between us and Wrexham is that they have released a significant number of players and are in need of strengthening. On the other hand, we didn't have to do this as much, so I'm not too concerned about them failing to secure new signings. If anything, it could be seen as a fortunate situation for us.