10 best Notts County Managers

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

By order of win ratios. I’m not sure it’s entirely fair to compare managers who have led Notts in the top flight to those who’ve managed in the 5th tier, however it makes interesting reading.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/notts-countys-top-10-best-ever-managers-in-order-of-win-percentage-ranked/#neil-warnock-43-9

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,985
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Perhaps there should be some correcting algorithm which compares playing budgets given v win success & also as @Fan of Big Tonementioned, allowance to the tier you are playing in

• Like 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Piethagoram I might have a look at managers who have been at the club for two or more years, reflecting on the budget. Naturally, if I did, I would give credit to the FLW for the idea (plus yourself).

It's a very in depth and interesting article.

Personally, I wished Kevin Nolan and Ian Burchnall weren't in there but considering they both had a decent season each it does make sense. 

The awful distortion and excessive stretching of certain images are a bugbear of mine. However, the subpar treatment of Jimmy Sirrel is nothing short of sacrilegious to me. Something so simple, is very annoying to see. Before, anyone thinks I am being fussy. Many places do this, including NEP and many newspapers. I believe they are worse, since they are supposed professionals, but it does annoy me when they can't leave the image size - yet choose to stretch and alter the ratio in such an ugly way.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  1

Am I being blind? Where is Big Sam or Howard Wilkinson? Surely they had decent win ratios.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

its a interesting read, i did not think so many of the last 20 years or so would feature the most in a list like this.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

It's just a clickbait article really. They do make it clear that it's based on win percentage, but it's still very jarring to see a joker like Jocky Scott on a list of "10 best ever managers". It just goes to show that win percentages aren't everything.

On 19/09/2023 at 23:50, Blake said:

Am I being blind? Where is Big Sam or Howard Wilkinson? Surely they had decent win ratios.

Both had win ratios of 38.6% and just missed out. Howard Wilkinson managed us while we were fighting against relegation from the top flight. Allardyce joined us halfway through a relegation season and took about 12 games to record his first win, and we didn't pull up any trees in our first season back in L1 either. All the same, the achievements of both are head and shoulders above most of the names on this list, stats notwithstanding.

Another example is Luke Williams. When we appointed him, his only experience as a manager was at Swindon, where he had won 26.7% of his games. Does that make him a bad manager?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

25 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

It's just a clickbait article really. They do make it clear that it's based on win percentage, but it's still very jarring to see a joker like Jocky Scott on a list of "10 best ever managers". It just goes to show that win percentages aren't everything.

Both had win ratios of 38.6% and just missed out. Howard Wilkinson managed us while we were fighting against relegation from the top flight. Allardyce joined us halfway through a relegation season and took about 12 games to record his first win, and we didn't pull up any trees in our first season back in L1 either. All the same, the achievements of both are head and shoulders above most of the names on this list, stats notwithstanding.

Another example is Luke Williams. When we appointed him, his only experience as a manager was at Swindon, where he had won 26.7% of his games. Does that make him a bad manager?

that is the flw and that other similar in a nutshell.

they dont know our club well enough to maintain a flow of good content, so they pipe out things like this. i lost interest in them seasons ago, due to all the clickbait and articles spreading false rumours. false stories at times too, but they get fans support for no effort at all.

• Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

For me it shouldn't be on win percentage, I believe it should be judged by your success by getting promoted & winning Cups.

If it were judged purely on that my choice would be.

1 Jimmy Sirrel.

2 Neil Warnock .

3 Tom Harris. FA Cup Winner.

4 Albert Fisher.

5 Eric Houghton.

6 Horace Henshall.

7 Sam Allardyce.

8 Frank Hill.

9 Steve Cotterill.

10 Howard Kendall.