Caramac production ends as Nestle closes Newcastle factory

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've never been that bothered about it, but several years ago - @cheeky~k8 came across a pack whilst we were at a family day out. I can't remember if we had been to a zoo or if it was one of the fun parks we tended to visit.

However, she was delighted to come across it as it was hard to find.

Since then, it's been a lot easier to locate with Tesco and other supermarkets/stores stocking it.

At times, I would pick her a pack up when attending Notts games as a treat, I just told her, and she doesn't seem that bothered, but I know she really likes it. If the single bars weren't so expensive, they would sell much better, but that's the way everything is right now in the UK. 90p for a basic yogurt for example, it's crazy.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

I gave up sweets and chocolate last year, so this won't impact me, But I did like a Caramac. Even though it had the consistency of plastic.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

That's a childhood memory - I went through phases of loving those. Memory is the key word though, haven't had one in yonks.

I wonder if Nestle will suddenly reverse their decision so they can benefit from all the free publicity? 

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

i never liked it, i always felt it was too sweet and would give me headaches. much prefer white chocolate than caramac.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

I’ve never been a fan of the stuff, considering there are much more appealing alternatives available. I can comprehend why it would be phased out due to demand; it can’t be as prevalent in a world that’s leaning towards healthier choices.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Was never a great lover of it to be honest, I would only buy one because it was cheap back in the 70s.

Think I was more bothered about Marathons becoming Snickers and Opal Fruits becoming Starbursts!

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

On 09/11/2023 at 16:30, DangerousSausage said:

That's a childhood memory - I went through phases of loving those. Memory is the key word though, haven't had one in yonks.

I wonder if Nestle will suddenly reverse their decision so they can benefit from all the free publicity? 

Thats usually what happens, they will likely reverse it in a year if not just change their mind after lots of people complain.

• Like 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

I've never been one much for chocolates or sweets.I do very occasionally have a Crunchie, Mars bar or Cadbury chocolate or similar and to be honest I don't even recall, Caramac so doesn't even bother me..

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I don’t eat many chocolates or sweets these days I think your tastes change as you get older, I think I remember Caramac being quite a unique taste when I’ve had one when I was younger, I quite liked them. However my favourite chocolate bar was Galaxy.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

16 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I don’t eat many chocolates or sweets these days I think your tastes change as you get older, I think I remember Caramac being quite a unique taste when I’ve had one when I was younger, I quite liked them. However my favourite chocolate bar was Galaxy.

Mine still is Galaxy, you can keep all your namby pamby posh chocolate, give me a bar of galaxy any day of the week!

• Like 2