Match Discussion: Game 18 - The Bantams (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,270
  • Days Won:  80

Game 18 - The Bantams (H)

Team: Bradford City

Date: 18/11/2023

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i think despite their form and inconsistency it will be a another tough game.

the last time i recall playing bradford in a season where we looked promising was the start of the 09/10 season where lee hughes scored his hattrick and we hammered them. mark stallard will also probably have split feelings having played for them but i just hope that we can show our true character on saturday and push for the 3 points. after the crewe game, a win would show we are not about to let our position slip too far.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It should be an engaging match. This is going to be one of those games where Notts will need to be at their peak, as Bradford City can turn it into a contest regardless of their difficulties. They might arrive at Meadow Lane under the impression that it should be easier for us, but I believe that will make it more challenging because we simply don’t know if they will be fired up and ready, or if they will allow us to play and park the bus.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It should be an intriguing match played in front of the cameras, I hope Notts are at their best and can turn on a performance for the viewers.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would be cautious in regard to their current form and off the field issues, a win against us is just the thing together some morale and team spirit.

We need to work hard to make sure we are tidy at the back, but able to create good chances when attacking. I don't think Bradford City will be all that bothered about our passing game, they will probably allow us to have the time but choose to work hard to close down the ball within their half. Notts enjoys most of the ball within our own half, so I think the key thing for us would be to work on opening up the game.

If we can start the game well, push on to open the score and control the game positively going into half-time. Then it should be easier within the second half to maintain those standards, even with potential changes coming onto the field. I would hope Luke Williams will spot when the moments turn, so that he could give instructions on how we can maintain possession and execute a well-thought-out match plan.

Ideally, Aaron Nemane and ideally Adam Chicksen will be at their very best.

I suspect Chicksen will get the nod to start, but we may see Will Randall or even someone else. My choice would be Adam Chicksen, he's largely unused and has a great cross on him.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

Without Palmer and JoB we will be very light in the CM area.  I hope Bostock is back and Gosling is up to speed enough to start.  That will allow Austin to move out to left WB to cover for Jodi. My line up would be:

Slocombe

Macari              Cameron       Baldwin

Namane                                                                 Austin ( Randall) 

Bostock (Austin)         Gosling (Tipton)

Crowley         McGoldrick

Macca

Bench: Stone, Brindley, TAR, Randall (Chicksen), Tipton(Gosling), Morias  

I'm not sure that will be enough though, as we could end up with a defensive centre midfield paring of Austin and Tipton; Austin isn't comfortable in DCM and Tipton is largely untried.  I would be happier with Bostock and Gosling even if the it is only for 60 minutes or so.  It's a tricky one and I think it will be close.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

Bradford won't be as easy as the league table would suggest, but I think Notts has the quality to achieve the best outcome from the game. If Notts can strike a balance between a solid defence and an attacking style that we are fully capable of, and exploit that direct threat, it should be an enjoyable match.

• Like 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

I'm thinking they've already got advantage cos their new Manager seen us play this season at MK. But still hope Notts can get their finishing together and put some goals in the onion bag. COYP

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  372
  • Days Won:  0

Regardless of Bradford City’s managerial change, we must still strive to perform at our peak and seize the opportunity presented by the game. If we can dominate and dictate the game while defending valiantly, I will be content. I aspire to see us attempt to reach double figures in terms of shots on target. Such targets are imperative if we wish to secure promotion, as is securing the 3 points in tomorrow’s match. Defeat is not an option; it would be a disappointment, but let’s rally behind the lads!

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Days Won:  1

We’re on the brink of a pivotal moment, aren’t we? That match against Bradford City, it’s more than just a game. It’s a beacon of hope, a potential turning point that could set the course for the rest of the season. A win here, and it could spark a wave of confidence, a surge of momentum that could carry Notts County forward.

The anticipation is electric, the hope is tangible. You can feel it in the air, see it in the eyes of every player. They know what’s at stake. They’re gearing up, ready to give it their all. And us, the fans, we’re right there with them, our hopes intertwined with theirs.

That’s the magic of football, isn’t it? Every game is a new opportunity, a chance to change the narrative. And for Notts County, this could be that game. So, here’s to a match that we’ll remember as the one that marked the beginning of a spectacular turnaround. Up the Magpies!

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Great start. A well worked goal. Notts are well on top and need to take advantage of that because Bradford will get back into this at some stage.

SKY just showed Jonathan Hammock's team talk. He was invited by LW to give the talk. Jonathan is no novice, he has done it before.

https://youtu.be/ZFCrA1vnebk?si=-NmlwrnxIzfMPL-c

Supporter+

Superb 1st half by Notts. 3-0 now. Langstaff bags a brace. If Notts keep going, this could be 4 or 5. Bradford look shell shocked. 

Supporter+

Notts let their standards drop in the 2nd half. Bradford took advantage. Another 3 points is all that really matters so job done. 

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Disappointing 2nd half but what a first half they had. Crowley played a blinder.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

Well, it was entertaining, you can’t argue you don’t get your money’s worth at Meadow Lane this season! I’ll get the second half out the way first because I don’t want to be too negative after a win, I’d have taken a 4-2 before kick off 100%!

Bradford had nothing to lose at 4-0 and came out with no pressure and a desire to put right their awful first half performance. But we didn’t react to it. We needed to be quicker on the ball and take fewer touches given Bradford were actually being pro-active and pressing us. We did such a terrific job first half it was a shame we struggled to adapt to the opposition’s changes in the second. Lessons to be learnt there. And one other minor gripe is the silly yellow cards we’re picking up, I think Baldwin will miss the next game now after needlessly kicking the ball away with 2 minutes to go and Adebayo got his custom yellow too. He must have the best yellow to minutes ratio in the league…

On the positive side that first half was probably the best I’ve seen this season. Bradford did what any team should do if they want a tough time against us and that’s sit back and just let us have the ball under no pressure. Some really great goals and Crowley was just so on it, his goal with the little drag back was fantastic. And given our mini injury crisis it was great to see Bostock, Randall, Morias, Brindley and Cameron all back. Gosling definitely looks like someone who hasn’t played for a while, but given time hopefully he’ll get up to speed. Back into the autos as well, all in all a pretty good day.

• Like 1