ITS THE WEEKEND!! 24-26th Nov

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

So what’s everybody doing or (have done) this weekend? Off to see Notts thrash Uncle Bulgaria and Co? Quiet weekend at home? Christmas shopping? Let’s hear what you’re up to.

I’m excited because tomorrow we are going away for a week to one of our favourite haunts Whitby, a nice break for Mrs. T. who hasn’t been to well and something to get me out of my black pit I seem to be stuck in lately.

So come on what you up to?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

can we just get it over with and have you renamed fan of loads holidays @Fan of Big Tone. ;) i hope you and mrs t have a wonderful time, remember to treat her to something extra special.

i will be going to the game tomorrow, so far i have made every single league game this season and i am looking forward to visiting wimbledons ground. with the history of it being a former premier league ground, which even by those standards was pretty much a non league ground. it will be nice to pay respect to the club, after we take all of the points from tomorrows game that is.

sunday marks the beginning of mulling christmas presents to various family members, so i will be catching up with them. :) 

• Like 4

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, liampie said:

can we just get it over with and have you renamed fan of loads holidays @Fan of Big Tone. ;)

That’s what comes of being retired @liampie you can go on a jaunt when you like, I’m making the most of things before I’m either too old or too ill to travel.

I hope you enjoy the game tomorrow give them a cheer for me. :clapping:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Supporter+

@liampie My old mate @Feral Fox who sadly doesn’t come on here anymore used to call me Judith after Judith Chalmers, she used to present a travel programme and go on loads of holidays. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

Have a great time @Fan of Big Tone.  Make sure you take precautions against home made monsters.  One of the girls from my old school runs / ran a café in Whitby.  I'm not sure what has happened to it since Covid though.

My plans have changed.  I was going to the match, then my partners mum reminded her that she had tickets for Canterbury panto which she had booked this time last year (she already has tickets for next year!).  We had forgotten, so I had to send my tickets back to Wimbledon.  So, my weekend is panto tomorrow then a long run along the coast here in Thanet on Sunday.

• Like 5

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

Enjoy your(latest) holiday @Fan of Big Tone.I hope Mrs T. gets the benefit of a change of scenery and the weather isn't too wintry..It's a lovely area you're visiting ,but don't forget to keep us(me) updated with your adventures if you have the time.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Days Won:  1

I’ll be listening to the game on the radio tomorrow. I don’t have much planned, but I won’t miss the game. I hope Dave’s covering it, I like his style when he does the commentary, he works well with Mark Stallard. Sunday is my day to relax and take the day as it comes.

• Like 5

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Friday evening just down to the south of Gatwick:

Will be at Plough Lane, sitting near the corner flag by the looks of it. #COYP

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Friday, I worked my socks off with the site. I had hoped to go swing by my dad since he hadn't been home for almost a week, but I ended up deciding to relax instead. Had a productive day and ended it with a relaxing bath. :D

Relieves my pains temporarily. Then it's back to feeling old or too worn. 😛

Today, I have been working on things mostly behind the scenes. I briefly listened to the game, I turned it off and then had a kip because I couldn't stay awake. Woke up at 2-2, wished I hadn't as they scored moments after and before I knew it their 4th. Cheeky knows how I feel about listening to Notts right now.

Tomorrow I will call by my dad's, I just need to ensure I post a bit of content.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  15

After witnessing Notts’ defeat at Wimbledon, I’m planning to vanish into thin air tomorrow. I have no plans, but I finished work on Friday, excited about a weekend away, only to return feeling like I need another weekend away from football. Work and football, they can be a real double whammy, can’t they?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I will be spending Sunday at my parents’, I came down from Manchester today and went to watch the Wimbledon match with @liampie and @CliftonMagpie. They made the journey a lot of fun, but I thought the result was poor. I am looking forward to spending tomorrow at home, before I have to return home at night.

@Fan of Big Tone: It’s a shame he’s fallen to the dark side, he would always be made welcome here, but things are what they are.

• Like 3

Supporter+

We made it to Whitby after struggling through quite a lot of traffic around York. The cottage we are staying in is very nice, it’s an old Railway workers cottage right on the railway near the station. It’s a topsy turvy place on two levels the bedrooms are downstairs.

CA4D38E7-F59C-4EE7-8847-BA50B40A29CD.jpeg

52D1E360-D30C-4535-B54E-D57ECA4D7D32.jpeg

EE87B2CA-17EE-43D3-986B-DF5982001909.jpeg

From the windows we have a view of the Abbey. Today we are going to find a restaurant that serves a nice Sunday lunch.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

did you put the tray and beer in the view of the first picture, so @super_ram got envious of it. ;) 

it looks like a very nice place to stay, i hope the weather to get out.

• Haha 1

Supporter+
45 minutes ago, liampie said:

did you put the tray and beer in the view of the first picture, so @super_ram got envious of it. ;) 

it looks like a very nice place to stay, i hope the weather to get out.

Yes I thought @super_ram might like to see a picture of Elsie Mo from Castle Rock brewery, very nice it was too. 🍺 

Here’s a couple of nice pics I took today.

IMG_5490.jpeg

IMG_5491.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2