Barnsley's 91st minute goal

Piethagoram

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Serves the keeper right, he went down like a sack of spuds looking for a free kick so he could waste more time. The Barnsley striker was expecting a booking by the look of him walking back up the pitch after scoring, but there was nothing wrong with the goal.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

but its still a foul even if the keeper was timewasting? if that is the case, the referee should have given an indirect free kick. you cant give a keeper a push, even if it was not that aggressive.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think it should have been a foul on the goalkeeper, he may have been time wasting, if he was then the ref should book him and add time on.

• Like 5

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

It's time this kind of behaviour was stopped by players.The ref is in a can't win situation.There was barely any contact on the goalie but as @DangerousSausage says he went down like a sack of spuds .Another ref could have given the attacker a yellow card or even a red, depriving his team of his services.Unsporting , verging on cheating.How many times have we seen on TV  a player fall to the ground, rolling around after a tackle, holding a part of their anatomy ,only for replays to show there was no contact at all.The goalie should get an oscar.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Let’s face it if that goalie had been Slocombe or Stone then we as Notts fans would have been enraged that the goal was given.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

4 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Let’s face it if that goalie had been Slocombe or Stone then we as Notts fans would have been enraged that the goal was given.

A lot of fans from the goalies perspective would  be incensed, especially in real time and from a distance but I think most fans don't like their players to play act.Even more so when found out.If it had been any Notts player confronting a goalie in a similar way and the ref had disallowed the goal I imagine Notts fans would be infuriated.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  285
  • Days Won:  0

It was a silly goal to concede, amusing but I agree that the officials should have awarded a foul. They could have even booked the Barnsley player. All goalkeepers take their time once the ball is in play. Many also do the routine of rolling the ball out and then picking it up again. There’s no rule against it, it’s just clever time-wasting, but in this case, it got a bit ridiculous.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's 100% a foul, but I think it's a good thing it counted because if it happens more often, then it will put keepers off from being so mindless. 😛 

Either that or create more funny football videos.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

It's a contact sport, players are allowed to touch each other (and it was barely more than a touch). The keeper made a conscious decision to go down, he could easily have stayed on his feet so why blow for a foul? Hopefully letting this goal stand will make some players think twice.

John Bostock did something similar for Wrexham's first against us - he went down theatrically expecting a free kick, the ref waved play on and seconds later the ball was in the net. Just get on with the game!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Well, you wouldn’t want the goalkeeper to be yours as that’s just making fun and results in a silly outcome that could have been avoided. Yet, you would want the foul to be given. It’s a peculiar football clip.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Days Won:  2

You can’t push a goalkeeper, that’s a foul any day of the week, no matter how lightly the goalkeeper went down. To me, it looks like a foul. You can’t even pull on a goalkeeper’s shirt during a corner kick, etc. Quite rightly so, this shouldn’t be allowed.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

Terrible, I’m pleased the referee awarded the goal because even if a Notts keeper had tried that, I would feel the goal was justified.

• Like 1