Conor Keeley signs!

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

That’s a shame I was hoping he was the answer to a few of our problems.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There are more suitable players than Conor Keeley that we can find. The fact he was linked with Walsall due to the owner connection and us. I would think he probably likes playing in Ireland. It's somewhat an unambitious move in my eyes, but hey he could have done a job here - someone else most likely will.

I'm not overly bothered.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Think he enjoys being a part time footballer and he has another career he is looking to pursue when his footballing days are over. It would have been a big upheaval for him to come to England and to be honest, we have no idea if he would have been any good (although he couldn’t be any worse). I don’t think we’ve been after him for January personally, I think (I’m hoping)  we’ve got a higher level player in mind for the position.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

I think we missed the chance after having 2 bids rejected earlier in the season, that’s not a dig at the club though, I respect the fact we have a strategy and limit which means we don’t overspend. If Conor had really wanted to join us he had a good chance to kind of force a move there.

Whether or not he’d have been good we’ll never know, but the club will have kept tracks on plenty of defenders and I still fully expect us to sign one.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Oh. Maybe he just didn't want to move.

He was probably rubbish anyway. We'll have more irons in the fire I'm sure.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I’ve honestly had enough of hearing about Conor Keeley. He’s been touted as our saviour, but most of those saying this probably haven’t seen him play. I haven’t either, so I’m not too disappointed. I hope those who hype up Keeley stop talking about players until they actually sign. It’s frustrating to see our current players overlooked while fans focus on every rumoured player as if our squad is out of date.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@Fozzy makes some great points.

we need to move on from conor keeley, look at other options and hopefully find someone suitable to improve the back three. i did think the mentioning at the fans forum that the club is not against looking at european teams as an interesting comment. maybe we will look at the dutch or french players who are available?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I haven't seen him play other than the videos on here.  He looked OK for the standard he was playing at, but there are no guarantees he would be any good for us and there are plenty of others who could do a similar job who we are following, I'm sure.  So it's not like we have missed out on the likes of John Stones, or Van Dyke, so I'm not too disappointed. 

• Like 1