Weekend Chat - Fri 9th - Sun 11th February

Supporter+

Morning all, I’m back! Ok don’t get too excited. :biggrin:We arrived at East Midlands last night came home through floods to a freezing cold house. A big shock from the warmth of the Canaries. We couldn’t sleep we were that cold.

I won’t be at the match tonight I need to acclimatise to the cold slowly so I’ll stream it live.

Tomorrow Tesco man will be coming to restock our food, then Sunday we’ll go round to our sons house to take a few holiday gifts.

What’s everyone else doing or have done this weekend?

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I'll be listening to Notts tonight,then tomorrow its The Rams v The Shrews.Nothing much else planned apart from a short walk to the local shop for a few odds and sods.

• Like 5

What a bloody good start to my 'Birthday weekend' Iam 75 on this Sunday was really hoping for 3 points last night. Been watching Notts since my Dad took me in the 60/61 season. I thought we was really going places this season but beginning to worry now!!!!!! 

• Like 6

Today, Saturday,  I've already walked my 3 miles + that I do every day. I will be listening for the league 2 latest scores & watching England v Wales Rugby.

Tomorrow, Sunday, 3 mile walk then afternoon in the Garden.

• Like 5

@gtownjohnno 75? I know we have only crossed paths on social media and on here, but honestly I thought you were much younger. I hope you had a good birthday, despite the score yesterday. I think whatever happens this season, we will be better the next. It's a building process, but I would hope that those fans such as yourself who have been supporting Notts for a very long time get to see us back up where the club belongs.

---

I went to the game yesterday, I didn't really want to go and hoped it would be postponed. Nevertheless, Cal and Jake's desire to go motivated me. I took photos, which I need to process and upload. Going round and reaching the top of the KOP, something I don't often do - there were many people who said hello, even hugged me that I didn't realise who they were. I felt bad about that, but also happy because I can take for granted how much some people do value what I do. It did mean a lot, so if someone reads this, and I didn't react like I knew you. I didn't recognise some people, I think I am going a bit blind to names and faces. 😆 I'm starting to think I need glasses to tell the truth. 🤣

Today, I am relaxing and trying to forget about yesterday. I want to post a few things on social media.

At some point I want to call @super_ram.

• Like 5

Supporter+
15 minutes ago, Robbie said:

I've already walked my 3 miles + that I do every day.

I’m surprised you have time for walking @Robbie, I thought you lived on here. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, gtownjohnno said:

Iam 75 on this Sunday

Happy birthday for tomorrow @gtownjohnno I thought only @super_ram was older than me, now I know you are I feel a lot better. :biggrin:

I hope your birthday weekend improves after yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Chris said:

there were many people who said hello, even hugged me that I didn't realise who they were.

@Chris it’s nice to hear people acknowledge you, I’m sure that what you do on here and elsewhere touches a lot of people probably more than you realise.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I’m surprised you have time for walking @Robbie, I thought you lived on here. :biggrin:

Happy birthday for tomorrow @gtownjohnno I thought only @super_ram was older than me, now I know you are I feel a lot better. :biggrin:

I hope your birthday weekend improves after yesterday.

@Fan of Big Tone I always take my phone with me. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

back in the day, i used to always be on here and @Fan of Big Tone was the person who would always be alongside me or even on before i came on. its great to see other members who have the time to get involved such as @Robbie. the impact this season has had with pon and the hacking, i think its made the community a lot more like a family which clearly comes from the top with how caring people are.

i wrote yesterday off, i felt disappointed but it has not ruined my weekend.

tbh i dont know what to do with myself today. i thought about going out on my bike but it felt too cold for that. i have mostly been sitting on here and reading comments, replying between other things.

tomorrow, i need to fetch my mums shopping and then drive it over to her. i will be staying to catch up but then i will be going out with my dad and uncle as they have invited me to something.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

It's been pleasant having the weekend free. I've been tidying up and organizing my shed, which got a bit battered in the recent storms. After that, I've simply been watching a channel called Talking Pictures, taking a trip into a bygone era. I expect tomorrow won't be any different. I can't wait for it to warm up so I feel more motivated to take a walk, go fishing, and so on.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/02/2024 at 11:22, Piethagoram said:

The Egrets have been frightened away

The birds have already flown !

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, RetroPie said:

It's been pleasant having the weekend free. I've been tidying up and organizing my shed, which got a bit battered in the recent storms. After that, I've simply been watching a channel called Talking Pictures, taking a trip into a bygone era. I expect tomorrow won't be any different. I can't wait for it to warm up so I feel more motivated to take a walk, go fishing, and so on.

I watch 'Talking Pictures' channel a lot @RetroPie,in fact I'm watching 'The Footage Detectives' as I post.It brings back a lot of fond memories.I can remember watching a lot of the films they show, at the cinema, when they were first released and I was very young.Before @Fan of Big Tone makes a comment ,I'll point out that was in the 1950's and 60's and not earlier. I'm also ,like you,looking forward to warmer weather.

• Haha 2

On 10/02/2024 at 13:41, gtownjohnno said:

What a bloody good start to my 'Birthday weekend' Iam 75 on this Sunday was really hoping for 3 points last night. Been watching Notts since my Dad took me in the 60/61 season. I thought we was really going places this season but beginning to worry now!!!!!! 

Happy birthday @gtownjohnno.I hope you're enjoying your birthday and not letting Friday's result spoil your day.

• Like 2

On 10/02/2024 at 13:41, gtownjohnno said:

You share your birthday  with my grandson @Harry.He's 14 today  so at the other end of the age scale.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Fame at last @Piethagoram :clapping:

• Love 1