Pancake day

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

Love a pancake, but I prefer mine in one of three ways. Mainly with a freshly squeezed orange over the top (and a sprinkle of sugar), but sometimes with Lions golden syrup (if I want a pure sweet sugar treat), or thirdly, with pitted cherries and vanilla ice cream.

On my own with the dogs this year for it as my wife and Dec are in Turkey so got some from M&S, but I normally make hem myself.

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I prefer American style pancakes to the English ones, although I loved the thin pancakes as a boy.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

Pancakes have to be thin and about the size of your plate. They're dead easy to make yourself, but of course I forget again this year.

Fun fact: pancake day was also a thing in Robin Hood's day. (Trigger warning: contains footage of Worksop.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

I much prefer the American style pancakes but we usually have home made traditional pancakes. 

I'm not much of a cook, in fact I barely do any of the cooking unless it's something to shove in the oven or a full English. That's about it. But today, I decided to give something basic like pancakes a go and all 3 pancakes I did were done to perfection. Even flipped all 3 perfectly, so it wasn't a fluke 😅. They're filling though especially when chocolate spread, biscoff spread and whipped cream goes on top. Kids went all out for theirs. Jam, Chocolate spread, sprinkles, biscoff spread and whipped cream. Made sure they were limited though don't want to be dealing with the aftermath of too many pancakes 🤣

• Like 3

I would say the aftermath of too much sugar @KB1862 not the actual pancakes! I bet it was like a scene from the Muppets in your house, exactly how long was it before you got them to sit still! 😂

• Like 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Fozzy, @GrannyPie used to have fresh orange juice on her pancakes. I can remember when I was younger the heat from them warmed the juice up and with a sprinkle of sugar they tested like heaven. I grew out of having them like this, but mum always preferred them with orange.

@cheeky~k8 has lemon and orange with parts of the fresh orange on top.

Jake and Ava both like syrup on top, whilst Ellie loves waffles more than pancakes. It's the same mix, just a little thicker, but I do like my own pancakes thick. The best I have ever had was one time Kate talked me into trying them with fresh fruit. I enjoyed some delicious strawberry slices and pineapple pieces.  Wait for the mix to start to become solid, drop the pieces on top and then cook until it needs flipping over.

Pancake day is pretty much my job when it comes to making them. I learned from the best though. :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We don’t have pancakes these days but when our boys lived with us poor Mrs. T would spend the evening in the kitchen making pancake after pancake for two ravenous boys and me of course. Orange juice and sugar, happy days.

When our boys were young we went to France on holiday, our youngest Steve was very gregarious and made friends easily he made friends with a French boy and was invited for tea which was pancakes or crepes as they call them. There was a jug of fresh orange juice which was meant for drinking but Steve poured some on his pancake much to the horror of the French family, they must have thought the English were all mad. :biggrin:

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i am not the biggest fan of pancakes either, i dont make them myself even though i could. i prefer to eat healthier things, when i was younger i would have them with sugar but i dont think its something that i enjoyed as much as i would with other food. its a traditional thing which i understand, but i would rather make a cup cake.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+
16 minutes ago, liampie said:

i am not the biggest fan of pancakes either, i dont make them myself even though i could. i prefer to eat healthier things, when i was younger i would have them with sugar but i dont think its something that i enjoyed as much as i would with other food. its a traditional thing which i understand, but i would rather make a cup cake.

I haven't had any English style pancakes for over 25 years. I don't have so many now because I have to watch my diet, but I do love American style pancakes.

• Like 1

Just think of a pancake as a fried Yorkshire pudding as they are practically the same.

As a desert, try Yorkshire pudding with either syrup or jam, bloomin’ delicious!!

• Like 1