A Discussion on Favourite Websites

I’m grateful for PON too, it’s usually my go-to when I see some of the brilliant content that’s shared on the site. It’s got me curious, my moustache is practically jumping off my face with excitement. Most of my online activity is reading the news, I don’t really participate in other discussion forums. I seldom use social media, I definitely don’t spend time on Twitter. So, what are some of your other favourite websites? I enjoy checking BBC News and Sports, CNET, Android Authority to name a few.

How about you?

• Like 4

I mainly use Facebook for family and catching up with friends, Twitter for news and PON. Of course, PON, BBC, Sky Sports, YouTube, Netflix, Notts County’s Official Site, The Football League, Premier League and other sports sites are my go-to online destinations.

• Like 3

I get most of my news from twitter, now known as X, and Facebook. Of course PON is a favourite site of mine, as well as Notts County's sites, You tube, Nottinghamshire County Cricket, Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey & all sports apart from Wrestling.

My TV watch is GB News, BBC Sports, Documentaries, & Film 4/ free to air Movie Channels.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I mostly visit news websites and Netflix. I’m not much into YouTube or other streaming platforms like Dailymotion. I like online communities, but I’m not a huge fan of social media. It’s alright in small amounts, but too much can be depressing.

• Like 2

I also  go to the BBC site for news, weather(as well as reading   @Robbie's updates) and sport..It's the Tesco website for my weekly home delivery. Derbyshire live for updates on my first team news but because of click bait headlines I prefer the news straight from the horses mouth(or Ram's mouth) by reading the DCFC official website and also for Rams TV.Then of course there's PoN.

• Like 2

pon is my main go to, its the only site i have a quick access link to.

i do watch youtube but the double ads and constant things they have done in order to block ads, despite me not having anything on my browser that does that has made me consume much less videos. besides all the good creators seem to be leaving, there is a mass exit of them doing so or employing people to run their channels and its not the same.

facebook i used quite a bit, messenger more so at least to keep tabs on people and i have made it a goal of mine to message mr ram above me. bbc sport, sky sports, some of the papers like the mirror who from time to time do good football articles.

twitter seldomly, but i only do it mostly to engage with pon and members outside. i thought it gave me a good way to get to know some of them that i really enjoy better.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The best website on the internet (apart from PON of course) is https://engrish.com/ - which focuses on bad English translations, mainly from the Far East ;)

Another good one is the English Companions' website, a treasure trove of information for anyone interested in Anglo-Saxon history.

Apart from that, I usually read the Guardian online and always read Martina Hyde's column and I sometimes lurk on an SV Waldhof forum.

• Like 1