Willie Carlin RIP

Supporter+

Very sorry to read this News.

RIP Willie.

• Love 1
  • Sad 7

Remember Willie when he played at Derby, in the early 1970's. Only a little Guy but he was like a Terrier Strong and Brave. One game that stands out in particular, was Derby vs Spurs at the Baseball Ground and the Rams won 5-0 and Willie scored with a header and Hugh Johns  on the Big Match said A goal for Derby by little Willie Carlin, who despite his small statue as just out jumped  Mike England 6 foot plus and Pat Jennings 6 foot plus, to put the ball in the Spurs net.

A Sad Loss R.I.P Willie.

Edited by Wheelbarrow repair man
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Supporter+

Very sorry to hear this, I remember Willie Carlin very well he played for Notts between 1971 and 1973, he was a great midfielder.

He played in the same team as my hero Tony Hateley, also sadly deceased now.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

Remember Willie when he played at Derby, in the early 1970's. Only a little Guy but he was like a Terrier Strong and Brave. One game that stands out in particular, was Derby vs Spurs at the Baseball Ground and the Rams won 5-0 and Willie scored with a header and Hugh Johns  on the Big Match said A goal for Derby by little Willie Carlin, who despite his small statue as just out jumped  Mike England 6 foot plus and Pat Jennings 6 foot plus, to put the ball in the Spurs net.

A Sad Loss R.I.P Willie.

I was at the other end  of The Baseball Ground when Willie scored that goal  v Spurs.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2

He was 'the final piece of the jigsaw' as Brian Clough built on the team at Derby that went on to win the 2nd Division(now The Championship) title. Never stopped running, tenacious tackler  and as @Wheelbarrow repair man says ,although a small chap would outjump much taller defenders. Loved it when he used to frustrate the opposition by keeping possession of the ball at the corner flag in the opposition half when The Rams were hanging on for a win. A great player.

My thoughts with his family  and friends. Rest in peace Willie

• Like 5
  • Love 3

It’s truly heartbreaking to hear about Willie Carlin’s passing. I don’t know much about him as a player, as his era was before my time. However, reading these warm comments about him is quite touching. Rest in peace, Willie Carlin.

• Sad 5

I remember Willie Carlin vividly. His determination and skills were second to none. He had an incredible ability to control the game and always seemed to be at the right place at the right time. His passing is a significant loss to those who had the privilege of watching him play. Rest easy, Willie.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Willie Carlin was a name often mentioned in our household. Tales of his incredible performances and how he would dominate games despite his shorter height. He seemed to possess a special kind of magic on the field, a quality that made him stand out. His passing is a significant loss for fans of that golden era of football. It's heartening to see so many people come together to honour his memory. May he rest in peace and his legacy endure forever.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

Rest in Peace, Willie Carlin. It appears he had an outstanding career, providing fans with unforgettable memories to treasure forever. It’s truly unfortunate and deeply saddening to hear of his passing.

• Like 1