Memories of Notts County Cola

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

judging the advert i would say late 60s to early 70s.

i cant find anything searching google, but the advert does look very late 60s and early 70s. i would be surprised if it was later and in the 80s.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

Thanks @liampie, That's why I haven't heard of it in the 60's -70's my Wife hadn't seduced me into being a Notts Fan at that time. In fact I'd Never even met her.  I was Young Free And Single.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

Wasn’t there a voucher you could clip to purchase County Cola at a reduced price? I’ve never tried it, but I recall a friend who was keen on collecting these cut-outs to get the drink for less.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I remember seeing it in programmes, I swear there was a picture in one where Brain Stubbs was holding a County Cola.

Don't click the attached link, if you can - read the comments.

The link throws an error due to it being archived and old now.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  561
  • Days Won:  1

Why did they stop selling it? Notts could bring it back by working with a pop maker. It could make more money for the club instead of overpriced bottles.

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,102
  • Days Won:  2

Regarding the fan zone, I believe Notts could consider partnering with a local soft drink manufacturer. This could provide an alternative to the pricey cola bottles. It’s worth exploring if there are any local producers still in operation.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1,069
  • Days Won:  2

Nowadays, no one really makes pop. Child-friendly cocktails or smoothies could be an option, but it’s unlikely that there will be much on offer for non-alcohol consumers.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  561
  • Days Won:  1

On 22/07/2024 at 13:04, Piethagoram said:

@Blake even Richard Branson's Virgin cola found it tough commercially to succeed. 

I meant be sold on match days in the MLSB, The Nest, and at kiosks in the stadium.

• Like 4

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,662
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Blake It about being able to do production in sufficient  quantities to sell. Perhaps the soft drinks factory at Kegworth could help?

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

Honestly, offering cheaper soft drinks could potentially increase revenue, assuming Notts can partner with a suitable company. It could be a win-win situation for both parties. Given the high cost of soft drinks at the club, a more affordable option that meets the club’s demand could be worth exploring. The challenge lies in finding a supplier, placing a substantial order, and ensuring the taste is appealing. Just because something is cheaper doesn’t necessarily mean people will buy it. However, if it’s tasty and offers good value, it could be a hit.

@Piethagoram https://www.refresco.com/en/stories/refresco-completes-acquisition-cotts-bottling-activities/

jxLXiG3.jpeg

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

Having Notts-themed soft drinks at the club facilities would be quite cool. If the club could negotiate a deal to sell rebranded cans from a company like the one mentioned above, it would be really cool. Not just Cola, but Orange and other popular flavours as well. Going it alone or with a more mainstream company would be a no-go. However, this idea could potentially yield better profits.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,376
  • Days Won:  17
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

This piece of history has taken a turn with the potential work to find a partner to rebrand soft drinks. I don’t think it’s a bad idea at all, but it’s likely to take time to reach an agreement. It’s unlikely to be cans, but bottles would be ideal. If Notts managed to bring back County Soft Drinks, it would benefit us fans over the current options, which are always increasing.