• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,137
  • Days Won:  17

In the Second Game, same Old Notts. Fall Behind from a Headed Corner. Lose to Another Late Goal. Reading the up dates of the Match, It Appears McGoldrick had a Decent Game. Will he start Alongside Jatta instead of Scott next Saturday? Or will Maynard keep him on the Bench hoping to make an Impact should Notts need it against Tranmere?

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Agree about the same old Notts. 

In the first match, a defensive mistake leading to an own goal. Two missed chances that Macca may have put away.

In the 2nd match, a penalty given away, conceding from a corner, then conceding late on was a Notts trait last season 

I have to say I'm concerned that Notts will finish up bring a mid table side again.

MK Dons have been recruiting big, but Notts are relying on free transfers

That's four losses in five now. Not the ideal preparation for the first league game 

• Like 3

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,291
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Thread on the games today. A lot more focus on the first game due to the 2nd game not being a lot of first team players. Only Didzy, Edwards, Cundy and then Chicksen and Slocombe who'll be in the squad. The latter 2 will probably not appear much. The rest of the squad was made of Reynolds (who'll most likely go out on loan) and 5 trialists so I expected it to be a little disjointed. The rest of the bench was full of youth team/b team players

• Like 3

@Robbie

Perhaps the one thing that can be taken as a Positive from the Second game was the Fact despite going 3-1 down, the Notts players still fought on and brought the game back to 3-3. before doing what Notts have got into the Habit of doing, Throwing the Game Away at the Death. I Think You're Right on this type of Form, I can only see Notts has a Midtable Side at Best.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

I was feeling more positive about the season but following the recent pre season performances and results I am not as confident. 

I thought  the defence had been strengthened but we have conceded quite a few goals in the last few games, some late on and own goals which is worrying. Alongside this, goals are generally not seeming as easy to come by. 

Last season we scores a lot and conceded a lot, arw we now going to conceded a lot and not score as many? I was hoping that Scott would start to make his mark and get his name on the score sheet but this hasn't happened although Jatta and Didzy have now scored a few, which is good, but as others have stated I would like to see the introduction of another striker as another option. 

• Like 5

@Pies79

I understand your point Regarding another Striker. But Notts have already sent One Out On Loan, in Junior Morias. I think it was hoped that Cedwyn Scott would step up Now Macca's gone and form a Strike Partnership with Jatta, but that (as yet) just hasn't Happened.

• Like 2

Supporter+

I think I would put Jodi up front supporting Jatta at this time because I think Scott needs to get fully fit

• Like 1

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

I watched the first game and part of the second game. I much prefer to see Jodi playing on the left to get the best out of him. Platt and Bedeau looked strong. Happy with the new keeper Bass. Crowley was playing too deep but I understand with key players out SM has to try different options. Good to see McGoldrick on the score sheet. At this stage without key players fit and bringing in another couple of players, I’m not feeling that optimistic about our chances this season. SM still hasn’t convinced me that he’s the right man for the job! 

• Like 6

• Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

It was a good friendly, entertaining, and I don’t think we have much to worry about at this stage. There are a handful of players who didn’t make the game, so I would be curious to see if they actually make the bench or start against Tranmere. Peterborough were always going to win this friendly. A high-scoring match should give us more confidence rather than affect morale. It’s how you look at things, I suppose, but Jodi Jones played at his very best.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It was a good pre-season friendly, a lot of intent and good chances by both teams. The result means little, so I would caution less worry over the 4-3 finish. I would say, it shows that we can be competitive with good teams, and it's all about form. If we learn to finish the chances we get against League Two teams, we should be fine.

Now we can start building the first 11, focus on performances and form.

The first few games will only be a good insight as to how we are adjusting defensively and how Stuart Maynard sees which players have what roles in the squad.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

For those that are interested I've found the highlights from the Peterborough site, they are free to view!

Highlights of the first match: 

https://www.theposh.com/video/player/0_qr5ds7cb?feed=572d5031-67d2-44eb-90e1-19cf03693c7d&section=9029b27b-2dd9-4a50-8844-77c477038c99

Highlights of the second match:

https://www.theposh.com/video/player/0_idoqe8ih?feed=572d5031-67d2-44eb-90e1-19cf03693c7d&section=9029b27b-2dd9-4a50-8844-77c477038c99

Second match is, um, more entertaining... 🫣 😅

• Like 3

• Chris unfeatured this topic