Weekly chat - Monday 5th to Sunday 11th August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was thinking why do we have a weekday chat and a weekend chat? So I thought I’d start a weekly chat and merge them together.

So let’s talk about everyday things in here, what is happening in your life, highs, lows, moans, groans.

It’s Monday and a cloudy start, the bins are out ready for the bin men and I must remember to put next doors back as they are away. We’ve got good neighbours both sides here who look out for each other, we are very lucky.

Have a great day everyone, what’s happening in your life?

• Like 5

Supporter+

Good morning, it’s a cloudy Tuesday, we had a thunderstorm during the night which woke us up and set off the security lights so I had to get up and sort that out at 3am, after that I had difficulty getting back to sleep so I’m a bit groggy this morning.

Not much on today, a bit of gardening, a walk if it stays dry.

Whats happening in your life?

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i am currently on a break, catching up with the site. it's quite busy again today, but its nice that its not blistering hot. did anyone else have a thunderstorm last night? it rained quite heavily in spells, it felt nice to have a window open.

most of my week day activity will be work based. 😛

i am looking forward to going to tranmere with @TheSkipper and @Joshua will be taking @CliftonMagpie ticket as hes still unwell. :(

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Since finishing work, I have been finalising one of my articles for PON. I need to put a bit more effort into my blog again.

Like Liam, I am looking forward to going to Tranmere.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Supporter+
5 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

Since finishing work, I have been finalising one of my articles for PON. I need to put a bit more effort into my blog again.

Like Liam, I am looking forward to going to Tranmere.

@TheSkipper I’m looking forward to the article and your blog. Have a great day at Tranmere with @liampie and @Joshua

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Ive been kind of up and down for over a week because ive lost my routine and im struggling at times with that but im fine. Ive watched one of my favourite movies, done housework, general stuff around the house and knocked my shoulder out multiple times either in my sleep or overdoing it with stuff. The plan this week is to put my stillborns new grave fencing on and give it a general tidy up as the fencing has rotted and spending time with her is very important to us.

Ive not really thought about the weather too much as its cooled down abit which is nice.

• Like 4

Supporter+

We’ve met up with our eldest two grandchildren for lunch in Nottingham today, our grandaughter is nearly 21 and grandson 20 they have grown into lovely young people we are immensely proud of them both, it was lovely to catch up.

Other than that I’ve been trying to sort out this Sky Sport+ on Virgin so I can watch some EFL matches including Notts live, it doesn’t seem to be working at present though.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I went to help @super_ram with his garden, we have taken down many tree branches to open up light and overhanging parts of the various trees (most of which I planted from Apple seeds as a kid - which I have learned are unlikely to ever bear fruit).

Going to have something to eat, as I have only eaten yoghurt and a packet of crisps.

A little rant below, if you feel inclined to know how I feel and what is on my mind

Spoiler

I don't feel all that great at the moment, very drained, and I can't seem to get very comfortable. I'm currently sat in the living room, with Cheeky and Ava. Last week I had an appointment with rehab physio, and it seems likely I suffer from POTS. hEDS has many umbrella issues, such as irritable bowel syndrome ✅ Diabetes 📈, chronic fatigue ✅,  Small Fiber Neuropathy & fibromyalgia ✅ etc.

The positive thing is I have lost half a stone in a year roughly, still pushing to return to a normal amount of weight, as I want to try to maintain my ability to walk. 

I'm going to rest now. I had planned to do stuff, but it has been a busy last few days. :( 

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Continued with helping the Mrs do the house cleaning this week. Also been out in the garden as usual. 

Made the dinner, testing out my culinary skills.

The TV has been off this week. No time to watch it. 

I'm just loving my retirement.

• Like 3

Supporter+
8 hours ago, Robbie said:

I'm just loving my retirement.

It’s great isn’t it. I can never understand folk who want to work on after retirement age I couldn’t wait to get out.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

Don’t rub retirement in our faces. Work is exhausting, and it leaves me with little to talk about. I can’t wait for college to start again. 😅

• Like 1

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Joshua said:

Don’t rub retirement in our faces. Work is exhausting, and it leaves me with little to talk about. I can’t wait for college to start again. 😅

Sorry @Joshua I know how you feel I had 50 years work until I was able to retire, if you are lucky you too will reach retirement and be able to enjoy some leisure time, meanwhile keep paying those taxes to pay for our pensions. :joker:

• Haha 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I’m convinced that later in life, I won’t be able to afford to retire. So, by all means, please enjoy yours because it’s well-earned. With all this mayhem going on in the world, it’s best that you can enjoy retirement.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Good morning all, it’s Friday and the weekend starts here. :happybanana:

I weigh myself every morning and I was delighted that I’m the lightest I’ve been since just before Christmas which is great news, I’ve lost around 10lb but I want to lose more before our next holiday in September.

Tonight I have a choice of football to stream on Sky+ Mansfield and Chesterfield matches are both available to screen but which one should I watch? I think maybe Chesterfield to see how strong they are looking as they are rivals in our league.

Have a great day whatever you are doing, the sun is going to shine. :sunshine:

• Like 1

This week has gone pretty quickly. For the past two days Jake has been over at my brothers and sister-in-law's house sleeping over. It's been very quiet, and I haven't had @cheeky~k8 mention anything about being nagged about what food we're having or what a certain person could have.

Thursday's planned had to wait until today, due to the weather.

Today, we tidied Chloe's and replaced her old fence as it had rotted. To protect it, we put some protection in front, as when the grass gets cut it can catch the fencing or even headstones if it's not protected. It was nice to do this. I also cut the grass down and removed weeds, including from nearby graves as I hate seeing other babies  with overgrown weeds near them.

Then we worked on @GrannyPie's grave and her parents (my grandparents) and aunt Jeans grave.

Nowadays, the grass is left excessively high, with only certain parts being cut, much to the annoyance of my grandfather. So, we spent time cutting it back. At some stage, we need to clean and re-paint the lettering of the headstone.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+

@ChrisWe spent spent some time at our sons grave today tidying up, he’s just behind his grandma and grandads grave (my mum and dad), it doesn’t seem real that he’s gone but it’s 12 years now and still hurts, we shouldn’t be visiting his grave it’s not right. 😢

• Love 1

@Fan of Big Tone I'm sorry, mate. It's never easy, and knowing the pain of losing a child - I know it's not something you can get over easily. Personally, I feel a lot happier knowing Granny Pie is with Chloe. My mum was the second person to hold her, so I am thankful of that and have always liked to believe my Grandfather has been looking after her too.

I like that your son is close to his grandparents. I'm sure he's reunited with them.

• Like 1

Supporter+
4 hours ago, Chris said:

@Fan of Big Tone I'm sorry, mate. It's never easy, and knowing the pain of losing a child - I know it's not something you can get over easily. Personally, I feel a lot happier knowing Granny Pie is with Chloe. My mum was the second person to hold her, so I am thankful of that and have always liked to believe my Grandfather has been looking after her too.

I like that your son is close to his grandparents. I'm sure he's reunited with them.

@Chris it would be nice to think so, we have to take comfort where we can. 

Supporter+

Good morning, it’s Saturday and football is back. :happybanana:
Safe journey to those travelling, I’ll be watching the live stream on Sky Sports + COME ON YOU PIES!

First there’s the small matter of a park run to run off last nights curry. 🏃‍♂️

Supporter+

Good morning, its a beautiful Sunday morning, I hope everyone is feeling good after a point on the road?

We’ve got a chicken which I’m going to bbq for our tea later on, I think a day sitting in the garden with a few beers will be a nice way to spend the day.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today.