Weekly chat - 9th to 15th September

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning, it’s a wet start to the week here, hopefully it’ll brighten up later.

Our holiday is fast approaching, only another week and a bit so we are busy making sure we’ve got all the correct documents and know everything we need to know before we go.

Apart from that we need to go for a walk this afternoon to keep our fitness levels up.

Whats everyone else doing today?

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Good Morning everyone, Overcast here this morning, looks like we had rain again overnight.

Had the weekly shop delivered this morning. Goods seem to be still increasing in price every week it seems.

It only seems like what you used to get for £50 a few years ago now costs £75 or more. That seems a lot of inflation to me.

Not anything planned further today, but again, that will probably change.

• Like 5

Supporter+

Good Morning all.

Decent sunny morning but clouding over now, it's windy and a little colder. Looks like we will get blustery showers today.

Be prepared for colder days & nights, colder air from the North is moving South.

Hoping to cut the lawn this week if given the opportunity. It may be the last cut of the summer.

Will be continuing with the shredder today shredding paperwork. It was brand new just a few days ago but trouble is with these small shredders they soon bung up with paper & it has to be cleaned out quite regularly.

• Like 4

Supporter+

Morning @Robbie morning everyone, very breezy here too but dry up to now.

I’ve just taken Mrs. T to a coffee morning with her friends, she can’t drive at the moment as she trapped something in her back which is quite painful, hopefully it gets better before we go away.

So I’ve got the morning to myself, I think I’ll do a water change in the fish tank to freshen it up a bit, have a great day everyone.

• Like 5

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,294
  • Days Won:  69

Weekend update - I was collected by  @william1984 and @Harrys_Mummy on Saturday morning so that I could spend time with them and also  watch the Notts and the England game with them  and the grandkids in their new residence. Just to let everyone know,  my eldest son's family were given notice  to quit the house they were renting  a few weeks before christmas. They managed to find a new rental and moved in the week before christmas. They were just getting settled in last spring when history was repeated. The new landlord decided he was selling up and gave my son's family  notice to quit.. Anyway ,after a lot of hectic searching and house inspections ,they finally moved into another rental on the day their notice expired. Needless to say landlords are not our favourite people.

The weekend was most enjoyable,  even though my grand daughter, Luna, objected to my visit. She would have preferred another visit from her cousin @super_pie  (Chris's son and my eldest grandson,Jake). Funnily enough though, Luna didn't want me to return home on Sunday. It was also nice to spend time with @Harry

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Another update - Yesterday @Chris came round in the afternoon and we had a good time catching up with family news etc,.He brought his laptop and was updating PoN stuff at the same time.

This morning I got rid of another binful of garden rubbish,so now getting to an amount that can be burnt without too much hassle. I'm hoping to give the hedges a final autumn trim as soon as there is another dry day (and I feel like it!!}

Looking forward to England game tonight.

• Love 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have just taken some cough and cold medicine, I think I am coming down with a cold.

Today, I am focusing on catching up with various unfinished tasks.  Otherwise, there's not much for me to report on. The house feels a bit of a ghost town now that Ellie and Ava are back to learning (college and school).

I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday, I especially wish it for @magpiejue who's mum is celebrating her 93rd birthday today. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Supporter+
1 hour ago, super_ram said:

Looking forward to England game tonight.

Thanks @super_ram I’d forgotten about that.

55 minutes ago, Chris said:

I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday, I especially wish it for @magpiejue who's mum is celebrating her 93rd birthday today. ❤️

@Chris I saw that on Twitter she’s brilliant for her age, if I’m lucky enough to reach 93 I hope I’m still going down to see Notts.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I've always enjoyed catching up with Julie and Jean; they're both great fans. Jean sure is brilliant.

I hope you do too, @Fan of Big Tone. ❤️

---

Update:

I'm currently working on the Link Tree feature and page. There are a couple of very minor bugs, but I am delighted with it. :D

On to the content for now. 👍

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i have finished work early, just about to head home. weather has not been that clever today, it does not want to make its mind up if it will rain or not. im going to go get toasty at home.

get well soon @Chris.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@liampie It'll pass, it's just frustrating. Thanks mate.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

I can’t wait for the weekend, but I have my school routine now. It’s good to be back amongst my friends, but I would still prefer to escape it. I miss the free time. 😞

• Like 4

Supporter+

Good evening everyone. 

It's been a cold day today, It was a bit of a misty start but by the afternoon a pleasant day but cold.

Put the gas heaters on today for the first time in a few months. Looks like it's going to be a cold night too 

Carried on with shredding old paperwork. Didn't think it was going to be such a long job, but plenty still to do.

As for the spiders outside, looks like they've packed up early for the winter.

• Like 3

Supporter+

Good morning it’s Thursday and it’s been chilly overnight the minimum temperature here was 6 degrees, time to get the higher tog duvet out I think.

My arm is still hurting I’ve got a tens machine now which is helping a little, it sends little electric shocks into the muscles to stimulate them and it’s supposed to relieve the pain.  I have to limit my time online as I think that is what caused it.

Never mind this time next week I’ll be off on our two week cruise from Dubrovnik. Can’t wait. :clapping::sunshine:

• Like 3

Supporter+

Good morning everyone. 

A chilly cloudy morning with a small amount of wind. The Sun is trying to peak through but showers are forecast today.

My local side, AFC Mansfield got knocked out of the Notts Senior Cup to Hucknall Town the other day.

Nicknamed 'The Bulls', they are currently members of the United Counties League Premier Division North and play at the Forest Town Arena.

This league that they are in is tier 9 of the English league system.

• Like 2

I don't want to seem like I am going on about being unwell etc, but I am starting to feel better. It's not been so bad, more cloudy and like the start of coming down with a cold but without the runny nose. I've been taking cough medicine that has honey, which massively helps. I don't usually like taking medication, as I prefer my body to fight it, but certain things I do because it just makes things better. I'm trying to sit upright as much as I can today, if my back allows it.

I have been working hard on the site, in various areas and making sure I get much of my "to-do-list" down.

Today, it does feel cold. It's the first time I have had to remain under a duvet in my bedroom. I have no plans to do anything outside the house, I am just trying to rest whilst being as productive as possible.

I am thinking about going to see Super, a few times next week like I did recently where I take my laptop etc with me, so I can work away from home. It was nice to have a change of scenery and to catch up with him.

I've been drinking no end of water recently, which is something I do a lot when feeling unwell. I need to weigh myself at some point, so I can keep an eye on my weight loss journey.

I hope everyone else is feeling okay, I enjoy reading about all of your days. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I decided to take advantage of the fine morning and walk down Aspley Lane to the free ATM at Morrisons for a bit of exercise. There is an ATM much closer that makes a small charge but I begrudge paying to withdraw my own money. I bought a few items while in Morrisons but emerged to a cloudy sky ,so caught the bus back up Aspley Lane , The immediate threat of rain didn't materialise so I made it back home without getting wet. I'm not looking forward to the colder weather!

• Like 1

Supporter+

We are quite lucky here because within a two mile radius of our home we have an Asda, two Tesco Extras, a Morrisons, a Sainsburys, an Aldi & a Lidl next to each other. Not to forget three Tesco Expresses & a Coop store within the 2 mile distance.

So we are spoilt for choice. The Asda is within walking distance with a McDonald's, a Kentucky Fried Chicken, & a Costa Coffee all in the same shopping area. 

• Like 2

Supporter+

You can tell it’s getting colder we had porridge for breakfast for the first time since the cool days of spring. We had a walk this morning into our little high street then round the block and back home, I try to do at least 7,000 steps if I can.

I’m going to have another go at my jigsaw this afternoon, it’s a bit hard.

• Like 2

Supporter+

We've had the gas fire on in the living room since 8 this morning. 

They do say it will warm up outside again at the weekend.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Good morning it’s Friday and the weekend starts here, it’s a cold start with temperatures down to 4 degrees during the night.

I’m thrilled to bits this morning because when I stepped on the scales (as I do every morning) I have dropped below 13 stone for the first time since last October, I’m really pleased about that because I wanted to lose half a stone because I know I’ll put it back on again when we go on holiday but at least I’m starting from a low point rather than piling on more on top of already being overweight.

Ideally I’d like to drop to 12 stone but I don’t think that’s achievable without a sustained effort of doing lots of exercise and starving myself.

Veggie curry tonight so that won’t be too calorific.

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Good Morning everyone. Late start this morning. Wife up early. Washing done and hanging out.

Lovely sunny morning here but cold. Kept the gas wall heater on last night. Late breakfast.

Did anyone see the Aurora last night? Didn't take a photo but the sky did look a pinky purple towards the North east, but it didn't look strong as they had further North.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Oh dear, the day was going so well then I had breakfast and broke a tooth.  I wouldn’t mind but I was only eating weetabix and raisins. Our dentists has gone from very good to hopeless, I phoned them no appointments unless you’re private of course, might be able to get you in on Monday. Sigh!

At this rate I’ll have no top teeth at all, I seem to be losing them one by one, I’ll have to have another tooth fitted to my partial denture when they take the broken one out.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Oh dear, the day was going so well then I had breakfast and broke a tooth.  I wouldn’t mind but I was only eating weetabix and raisins. Our dentists has gone from very good to hopeless, I phoned them no appointments unless you’re private of course, might be able to get you in on Monday. Sigh!

At this rate I’ll have no top teeth at all, I seem to be losing them one by one, I’ll have to have another tooth fitted to my partial denture when they take the broken one out.

If its not the government then its nature takes things from us old buggers @Fan of Big Tone

• Like 2

Supporter+
59 minutes ago, super_ram said:

If its not the government then its nature takes things from us old buggers @Fan of Big Tone

You’re right there mate, as you get older more and more things go wrong. Oh well looking on the bright side getting old is better than the alternative.

• Like 1