• Days Won:  1

I’m not sure why, but the video refuses to load for me. 😞

• Sad 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@Piethagoram thanks for posting that it’s very powerful.

We’ve lit a candle for our son Steve tonight who took his own life in 2012 a day that changed our lives forever.

IMG_6207.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 8
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

I thought it was the person who barely spoke who seemed depressed, but I suppose that’s the message it’s sending. You can be happy and still suffer, you can be quiet and get by, but you never know. It’s a powerful video.

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

Don’t take anyone for granted. Try to be there for your friends, especially if you know they are suffering. Let them know you are there, even if it’s just a simple hello. It makes a difference. The video is gripping and powerful.

• Like 9

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Blake

WWW.SKYSPORTS.COM

Norwich City have launched a very powerful video to mark World Mental Health Day.

Hope this new link works for you

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Supporter+
10 hours ago, NiftyNick said:

I thought it was the person who barely spoke who seemed depressed, but I suppose that’s the message it’s sending. You can be happy and still suffer, you can be quiet and get by, but you never know. It’s a powerful video.

That’s exactly what the video portrays, a person can be the life and soul of the party and the last person you’d think would take their own life but very often it’s a mask to hide the real way they feel.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

No one can ever see what a person his really feeling on the inside.

People under risk mask their feelings very well because they are too embarrassed to ask for help, or simple don't want to be helped.

A young lady who lived down the road from us over forty years ago took her own life, & she never gave any signs to the neighbours that she was a person at risk beforehand.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Supporter+

My wife and I do voluntary work for people who are bereaved by suicide and at our support meetings a lot of people say they had no idea their wife/husband/son/daughter/mum/dad etc., were going to take their own life, there are often no signs whatsoever.

Sadly there are also those who say their loved ones have been let down by mental health services and make several attempts before they finally succeed.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

We all know someone who suffers from depression. I hate when people act like they are just doing it for attention. A bit of love and care can show them that the world's not completely against them. How do they know what someone is experiencing in their own head?

Everyone has times when they suffer, and life isn't easy.

There's always been an element of hardship going back to any period of time, but you have to look at how things have changed and with the stress of modern day life it can be easy to go unnoticed. @ARLukomski and the gaffer, @Chris are two very brave Notts fans who have opened up on their struggles.

@Fan of Big Tone, I think the volunteering you and Mrs T do not only should help you, but provide support to those you help. It's a commendable thing, so thank you for doing it. I'm also sorry to read about your son, that must be hard. :( 

• Love 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

From my perspective, I think I hide well until it becomes too difficult. There's been recent seasons where even going to Notts has been hard, but you can let yourself go for 90 minutes with football and the community side to matches being a good distraction. Unfortunately, I did realise that sometimes my mental struggles can lead to poor decisions, but I do reflect on things and try to learn from it.

I practice self-managed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).

I understand the cycles and how things end up looping back, I find it practical over seeing someone who pretends to understand my issues but draws textbook conclusions. I try to be open, as I acknowledge it does help me but can be branded as 'attention seeking'. When I say, I don't like attention, I really do mean it. Yet, I can understand how it might be received by someone who isn't used to or cares about depression. Unfortunately, I do think it can make you a target with unpleasant people.

My encouragement is just to show a little care. I have spent hours observing Reddit, and talking to people who feel suicidal. Often, it's feeling alone which can cause it. I think for me, the thought of losing my mum has effected me for many years and when it happened I sort of did okay for the first few months. Having Notts games helped, but out of season it was like being hit by an oncoming truck.

Still, I do feel much happier these days. Last week I had a tough few days, but honestly most have been so much better since I had time to reflect. This isn't aimed at making it about me, I am just trying to share my perspective. I don't like the thought of anyone struggling; depression is awful. We live short lives, and it can be the worst controlling aspect of anyone's life. Potential and happiness can be ruined, but with a little support. It can help someone lost, and struggling to find their feet.

Correy Campbell, Tim Arnold, and Mark Dicko have been incredible sources of support for me on Twitter. 🖤🤍

• Love 7

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

That's very emotional and not what I expected. Football is showing it can make a difference in people's lives. Just look at the Vinny Jones adverts. Thank you, @Piethagoram.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Days Won:  2

I think it's great that Norwich City is using their platform to raise awareness about mental health and suicide prevention. It's a very important issue and it's wonderful to see the club showing support and care for their fans.

• Love 3

• Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i think its very important to be there for people, even if they are not friends. if they seem like good people and deserve to be supported, i will try to make a difference. i have never had an issue with depression but i can understand how it causes hard times for people. i am more switched towards being happy and seeing the brighter things, the only time i used to feel low was during school. i had no friends, nobody would talk to me and i did feel lonely.

its why i will always try to be friendly towards people because i believe it makes a different.

suicide is horrible, it leaves loved ones in limbo and can cause further depression. :( 

• Love 2

Supporter+

IMG_0210.jpeg