Back From The Dead

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Greeting my fellow PON Members, I don't know if you remember me, it's the Old Wheelbarrow Repairman. I've not been on the site for awhile and if you're interested here's why. Are we all sitting comfortably? The I'll begin Once upon a time in a Galaxy Far Far Away, no hold on I can't use that. Let me see ah yes well. A few weeks ago I tired to get onto the site to air some of my views only to find I was unable to do so, after several attempts which ended in failure I decided to leave things and come back to the site the following day, and much to my surprise not only couldn't I get onto the PON Site I couldn't get onto the internet at all. After trying everything still nothing and as the family computer whiz Kid (my eldest son was on holiday) we had to await his return. When he finally got back from his fortnight of Fun and Games, he attempted to put things right only to finally come to the conclusion the old Laptop was Fu****. So a new one was ordered and it finally came yesterday and he set everything up but I still couldn't get back on PON anyway after lots of backward and forwarding and after some hard work by @Chris I've managed to make my return. Thanks Chris your a Star.

There was a second reason why I've not been on before, now what was it? Oh Yeah I DIED.

I wont bore you with the details ( because I don't remember much of it). I went to the QMC in Nottingham with a pain in my left shoulder and down and around my left shoulder blade. Once in hospital I suffered a New Atrial fibrillation,  and a subclinical hyperthyroidism    which means my Heart Stopped. A CPR Team brought me back after around 15 minutes. According to my youngest Son who had accompanied me to the hospital. I was transferred ( No fee was involved) from the QMC to the Cardiac Unit at Nottingham City hospital, after several days being hooked up to a machine numerous Blood Tests and blood pressure tests, along with 7 tablets to take on a Daily basis I was allowed home. I am now slowly on the mend and was assured by a Doctor that I am allowed to go back down the Lane to shout and encourage the Mighty Magpies onto Great Things and to also question the Referee's parentage.

So in typical Monty Python Fashion- I WAS DEAD. BUT I GOT BETTER. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

So shocked & sorry to read this @Wheelbarrow repair man, but I am so happy to read that you are recovering.

I'm pleased to the see that you are back too

Take care of yourself & take it easy mate. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,896
  • Days Won:  5

Welcome back to PON, @Wheelbarrow repair man. It’s good to see your name back on the site. Let’s crack on and make the Pride of Nottingham the best fan forum on the internet.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

@Robbie Cheers Bud.  That means a lot and also thanks to @Joshua. It may be awhile before I can get down the Lane, but I'll get there some time this season. In the mean time I'll try and still express a few opinions and write a few more topics. Thankyou once again Gentlemen.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

sorry to read the horrible time you had, but its good you are back. please take extra care of yourself, keep that heart of yours well protected. :) 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Thanks to you as well @liampie. To be honest as I've said there wasn't a lot I remember about it. My biggest worry now is the effect it's had on my Family and especially my youngest Son, who was with me at the time. And there's no need for the Sad emoji my friend, after all I'm still here😀

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome back, WRM. Are you sure you’re not the living dead? It sounds like you have had a rough time. I am sorry to read about that. Take care of yourself.

“Always look on the bright side of life.”

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

@NottsCountyKev

Did you think I've got a Ghost writer, writing this Topic for me? Someone who's getting into the Spirit of things? Sorry that's all I could think of, I'll add more when I think of them.

Thanks for your comment it did make me Smile.

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  528
  • Days Won:  1

It doesn’t sound like you’ve had it all that good recently. Time to relax and try to look after yourself. I hope your family isn’t too worried. I am sure it would have been upsetting, but to see you revived would have been like a miracle to them. Take care.

• Like 7

Thankyou everyone.  It does my Old Heart Good, for all your kind words and thoughts. It is truly Amazing none of you know me in reality as it were, I'm only just an Old Notts County Fan using a Fake name to express his opinions on the Football team, who I've only been following since the 1980's, through the Good and Bad Times. It's nice to know that despite the Way the World is nowadays, their are Strangers who have taken the time to express their Feelings and hopes for my recovery.

Thankyou All From The Bottom Of My Heart.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Oh dear @Wheelbarrow repair man it sounds like you’ve been through a really rough time, I hope you can make a complete recovery and are back at the lane soon shouting abuse at the ref.

Take care.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Oh dear, WRM. I hope you and your family are okay; it must have been a shock and worry for them. I’m glad about the outcome, but I’m still concerned. We treat everyone like family here, that’s how it’s always been, and I just hope the worst is behind you now. Please take care of yourself. It’s good to see you back.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@CliftonMagpie

Thankyou. The words expressed by  your good self and everyone on here have brought me and my Family Great Comfort. It will take time but we will all get over this episode

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Before I shuffle off to bed tonight I would also like to Express the Following.

The NHS as come in for a lot Bad Publicity, however I will say this,

The Nurses Doctors and other  Staff members who looked after me were Truly Amazing The Nurses were kind gentle and understanding and I think I fell in Love with each of them a little bit, I Know the Wife won't mind. The Doctors and the CPR Team were First Class and helped my Youngest Son Immensely to understand my condition, and what was Happening. Even the Kitchen staff couldn't do enough for me, and I enjoyed every meal they put in front of me. Each touched my life only Fleetingly, but I will Never Forget Any Of Them.

I Wish Each And Everyone Of Them Love Peace And Happiness.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It must have been a very scary experience, not just for you but your family. Even if you don't remember much, I know what it's like when to wake up not remembering anything. Totally different, but I broke my nose as a child riding my friend's bike. I took off and landed in my neighbour's rockery filled with large stones. I don't remember anything, I supposedly was awake, but I only remember waking up in hospital.

Enough about me, as I say it's not nice, and I can only imagine how worse it is to be told you had died too.

No need to thank me, I didn't really do much, but I am glad you have managed to find yourself back to the site and are able to sign in now. Take good care of yourself and your ticker. Just do take comfort in everyone wishing you well, because we do look out for each other here.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Chris

To be honest my friend when I was gone it just felt like I was asleep I felt incredibly happy, euphoric, there was No pain just a feeling of utter contentment. I didn't see anyone one of my family who had passed telling me to go back, nor did I feel I was floating looking down on my physical body, or anything which people who have the experience of dieing and then coming back. There was a Bright white light but that was probably the large lights reflecting on  white ceiling of the cubicle I was in, because my Son told me I had my eyes open.

What I don't remember is what the CPR Team did for me, if they got the paddles out or if they thumped me on the Chest to get my heart going again, I knew nothing of the physical world around me. From the time I collapsed till the time I came back seemed to me only mere seconds, one moment I was enjoying, what seemed to me a Wonderful Dream and the next there was this annoying Sod poking his finger into the side of my neck calling my name. Then I was back in the land of the living and all my senses came back to me and it was just like I'd woken up from some Fantastic Dream.

Frightening? Honestly No not for me at that time, however it was so much different for my Son. I wont record his feelings here. Now I don't know how I feel about the whole thing it was if it happened to somebody else, the only worry is sometimes I get a  slight side effect from one of the Drugs I'm taking and I think it's happening again, then I calm down and realize there are no other symptoms and my panic goes away.

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

I am sorry to read about your near-death experience, @Wheelbarrow repair man. You seem to have handled the situation well, but still take care of yourself. It can’t be good for the body, and you may still have some form of shock. I wish you well.

• Love 1