Would You like a Notts FA Cup Run This Season?

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

With a much stronger Notts County Squad this season, would you like to see a long FA Cup run?

Man City or Man U & Co at Meadow Lane in the 3rd Round would be mouthwatering & a money spinner with the large crowd & TV revenue.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Robbie changed the title to Would You like a Notts FA Cup Run This Season?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,134
  • Days Won:  17

While it's an enticing prospect @Robbie should the Magpies get to the Third Round, there's No Guarantee of a Big Club arriving at the Lane, or even a home Draw. So I don't think it matters if Notts have a decent Cup Run ( one would swell the Clubs Coffers) but I don't think it will Be The Be all and End All if it happens or not. Promotion must be the Magpies Major Target, if they get a Good Cup Run all Well and Good, if they don't it's Not The End of the World.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I would love to see a decent cup run. I think we are about due one.

The squad is strong and Notts can field an alternative strong first 11 if necessary, with a mixture of first teamers, plus Reynolds, Cisse & Sanderson on the bench in the first two rounds

I cannot see that a long cup run would be detrimental to success in League 2. For all said and done, Wrexham did it & it didn't stop them getting promoted.

I agree @Wheelbarrow repair man that League 2 takes priority, but it would be nice to draw a big club either home or away. More money in the coffers is always welcome.

And it's a chance for the rest of the squad & the young ones, to make a name for themselves.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,988
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We should always treat the FA Cup as important, maybe not at the expense of the league but Stuart Maynard could rotate the squad a little, then building up a run - along with maintaining the leagues form could create a huge buzz around Notts.

If we could make it through the rounds, a good Championship or Premier League team could be drawn to us at Meadow Lane.

It could be happy days.

I would love to see Arsenal, Chelsea or a team like Newcastle come to play us. Even if it ended up being an away game at a nice ground would make a change.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,903
  • Days Won:  162

yes, i would. as @Chris even a big away day would be nice. i have managed to get to every away game so far again, so it would be nice to see some stadiums of teams higher up the pyramid.

it would be nicer to get a run of home games as this would help the coffers. :) 

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

A good FA Cup run could be beneficial, but I fear fans might dismiss it in favour of focusing on the league, especially if Notts remains top. It could be a good chance to rotate some of the players who normally wouldn’t get many minutes, and the money could be useful.

Winning games breeds confidence and could have a more positive effect than it would impact the club’s league chances. It would be good to see us make the 3rd or 4th round.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t think we can ignore the importance of the cup, but we should be careful about fixture congestion and the risk of injuries. It could also affect our form in the league. If Notts can focus properly, it would be brilliant to see us doing well in the FA Cup. Some teams thrive on winning and that can boost their confidence in the league. So, yes, but we need to be mindful of what could happen and make sure it doesn’t overshadow our progress in the league.

• Like 1