Derry's honest after match interviews

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Although I applaud Shaun's honesty in his after match interviews and he his saying what us fans want to hear, I am a little worried about the affect on the players when he goes on the radio and in the media and slags them off, it's hardly going to help hearing your boss say you aren't good enough and you are making school boy errors etc.

I wonder if these things ought to be kept in house, he talks like a fan he tells it how it is but he is a manager and I wonder if he should consider his man management skills.

When I worked we used to have appraisals of our performance and a good manager would accentuate the positives of my performance and I would come out of the meeting feeling 10 feet talk and feel really valued and good about myself, constant criticism has the opposite affect in my opinion.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of others, Shaun is new to management, do you think he could handle things better?

I think Sean is doing a good job, i'm sure he's full of praise during the week on the training field.

but to give Fans who have paid a lot of money, that kind of an experience I don't blame him ripping them apart.

After you have torn a strip off them, then you can hug them and kiss them I love them etc. etc. etc.

The players need to know that the manager and fans understand their performance

I share equal concerns but I do think he's right. Now he should drop poor players but I guess he realizes how much we need them.

McGregor although dangerous as been quiet.

I was pleased to see Boucaud benched.

With regards to his comments its his decision and I am sure he knows the effects.

Each player needs treating differently.Some need an arm around their shoulder and encouragement,others need a boot up the backside. I'm sure SD will learn which players need which treatment. I agree with @tonyhateley though.It's right to point out errors and poor play but this needs to be balanced with praise for effort and the good things they've done. 

I think Sean is doing a good job, i'm sure he's full of praise during the week on the training field.

but to give Fans who have paid a lot of money, that kind of an experience I don't blame him ripping them apart.

After you have torn a strip off them, then you can hug them and kiss them I love them etc. etc. etc.

The players need to know that the manager and fans understand their performance

Nothing against Shaun, as he inherited a pile of poo, but how is he doing a good job.

I get the sentiment of every player needing treated differently but the one feeling that has come out of pretty much all of his & GA interviews etc is that most of the players clearly don't give a toss when it comes to Notts County, and tbh I wouldn't be praising people with so little self respect, i'd have them running on train tracks Mon, Tues & Weds until the message finally sinks in.

When we eventually get a squad of players fit to wear the shirt then appraise them properly

I hope he's given a chance to build his own team.

He will, Notts won't sack him. Derry's done okay with the squad he's inherited. He might have taken to dissembling certain areas rather quickly and stuck to previous regimes tactics but he's done well.

Not brilliantly but who would have?

I get the sentiment of every player needing treated differently but the one feeling that has come out of pretty much all of his & GA interviews etc is that most of the players clearly don't give a toss when it comes to Notts County, and tbh I wouldn't be praising people with so little self respect, i'd have them running on train tracks Mon, Tues & Weds until the message finally sinks in.

When we eventually get a squad of players fit to wear the shirt then appraise them properly

The only way to address is this is by making sure the players meet the fans, they get to see what it means and eventually more support would be given. Its a job which pays well, they the majority of professional players do not care about their fans.

Shauns interviews are always worth listening to but he does make mistakes.

He has passion to try and get the players to play as they should but at the moment its hit and miss with them. They play good then look like they can't be bothered. They should be playing better for the money they get. We'd be jumping with joy if we earned as much as they do.

I think Derry could do with trying to get the players to play better together and they play ok on their own but some just don't seem to be able to pass to each other without repeatedly giving the ball away. I think his interviews are partly due to disappointment and wanting better of the players, but he is saying what we want him to say. He clearly cares, but needs to make them do what they should be doing.

I love Shauns honesty and passion for the job,but i have a feeling RT will be taking a long hard look at the moment and would not be suprised if the axe was set to fall again!

The club have a messenger with Derry, if he goes, the club would alienate itself further. He's doing well rebuilding, only time will tell though.

Archived