JCR gone

Supporter+

According to Chippers Campbell-Ryce has signed for Sheff Utd.

That's a blow in my opinion but good luck to him I enjoyed watching him play and will miss him.

Supporter+

It's confirmed on Sheff Utd website now. Can't post a link on my phone sorry.

Time for another new avatar then Joe! I'll try and choose a player who may stay for longer than 6 months though this time!!!

Shame. Good player, good pace, occasional good final ball. The trickery is what we'll miss most, unless replaced by a younger and better player, which is my hope.

Supporter+
11:38

î˜A double deal for Sheffield United as Nigel Clough starts putting his plans in place for next season.

Sheffield United

@SUFC_tweets

The Blades have signed Marc McNulty from Livingston for an undisclosed fee and Jamal Campbell-Ryce on a free transfer. #sufc #twitterblades 

May 19, 2014

Retweet

Favorite

Sheffield Utd are a bigger club. Plus they have ambition. Not seeing much ambition from Notts at the moment. I'd leave as well if I were in his shoes. 

11:38

î˜A double deal for Sheffield United as Nigel Clough starts putting his plans in place for next season.

Sheffield United

@SUFC_tweets

The Blades have signed Marc McNulty from Livingston for an undisclosed fee and Jamal Campbell-Ryce on a free transfer. #sufc #twitterblades 

May 19, 2014

Retweet

Favorite

Sheffield Utd are a bigger club. Plus they have ambition. Not seeing much ambition from Notts at the moment. I'd leave as well if I were in his shoes. 

It's been 2 weeks FCS (For christ Sake) and it's Sheff utd, who have a unlimited bank account. So are they more abitious than us? Perhaps,  but only on $$$$$ worth. 

Ambition = Bust

Ambition = Stability

Good luck Jamal, I don't think you'll make much of an impact. But we'll see

I Trust Derry will bring in players they we happy and content with, also show more passion than just for a couple of months.

COYP

Sorry Dripsey, but I've got to agree with Canadian here.

JCR and Sheenan (Whom I also expect to leave) were not at Notts for the love of it. The way They both came out with the "pay me a fair wage" rubbish after only a few days of us avoiding relegation by the skin of my teeth, really left a bad taste in my mouth.

JCR staying is not ambition, it is being led the social media and paper media by a player wanting more cash.

Sheff Utd can play monopoly with players if they wish and buy up everyone regardless of cash, but JCR wasn't that good! Bearing in mind he was probably my fav player at the back end of the season, common sense asks where was he for the first 2/3rds of it?

Talking to players who will make the team tick, like Smith, whether it comes off or not, show an intention by D&A to strengthen in the area we need it most. Mentally.

Strength doesn't always come from being hard on the field (but it helps!!!) Our club needs leaders and lots of them who can put in performances week in week out because they want to be here.

I agree with Sheenans comments about Haynes and his wages. A mistake the club has to sort out pronto imo. I agree Sheenan played well at the backend of the season as did JCR.

I dont agree with the club caving into over the top demands because players finally did what they should have done all season. Play!

Not too worried about him going, on his day brilliant but too inconsistent especially beginning of the season and drifted in and out of games.

Spot on Jurgen - you tv star you!

JCR actually only really performed under Derry tbh. He will be missed tho', mainly because we've lost Grealish on the other wing. Width, pace and trickery are vital components in successful teams, he does need replacing IMO, we do need to have someone who can beat a man and cause problems for opponents.

I'm not being funny, but 3 months ago we'd have declared a public holiday for his departure. Yeah he turned it on for the final few months, but surely you have to question a bloke for whom the penny only drops 10 games before his contract up, and just before the most important transfer of his career.

He had pace and nothing else. Such a one trick pony. I know I don't see anywhere near as many games as others on here but he never really stood out anytime I saw him play.

There's a lot better out there than him and I'm sure Derry will find it. Let JCR chase the pound signs That's not a criticism, it's just the way things are. At his age, he's only got a couple of seasons left in him so needs to earn as much as he possibly can

He'll be a bench warmer before long there! Interesting that Freeman texted him to let him know of Sheffield's interest. We had a spy in the camp!! No doubt Danny Haynes has been the cause of unrest over pay if allegedly he was being paid a lot more than other players. What a waste of money he turned out to be.

Supporter+

SD is a manager with passion and ambition. In the right circumstances, he could turn this club around from struggling at the bottom to one that is consistently challenging at the top. Does he have the resources he needs? I don't think he does. He wanted to keep JCR and he's gone. I trust SD and he must have been happy to have JCR around. 

OK, you might say there are limited resources, OK, but why split those between 2 teams? It follows that if the ladies team weren't around, there would be more money for the men's team. I understand where RT is coming from, there's more chance of glory with the ladies team so naturally they will get the financial support they need. 

I'm tired of having our hopes built up, only to be let down time and time again. 

SD is a manager with passion and ambition. In the right circumstances, he could turn this club around from struggling at the bottom to one that is consistently challenging at the top. Does he have the resources he needs? I don't think he does. He wanted to keep JCR and he's gone. I trust SD and he must have been happy to have JCR around. 

OK, you might say there are limited resources, OK, but why split those between 2 teams? It follows that if the ladies team weren't around, there would be more money for the men's team. I understand where RT is coming from, there's more chance of glory with the ladies team so naturally they will get the financial support they need. 

I'm tired of having our hopes built up, only to be let down time and time again. 

I'm not sure the budget can be that flexible though.

To my knowledge the mens income and outgoing are completely separated, yet more focus might being spent on the ladies team but again, I think Derry will have focus on doing the best he can and I am sure he wouldn't accept anything less for what he's doing.

I feel the same with the hopes, however I really do feel the hopes are worth giving to Shaun. He's done well so far, with his own squad and a couple of seasons to gel them together, we could move on. Just think about a few good cups runs and of course any interest in the ladies, will naturally provide interest to the club as a whole and visa versa.

Supporter+

I'm not sure the budget can be that flexible though.

To my knowledge the mens income and outgoing are completely separated, yet more focus might being spent on the ladies team but again, I think Derry will have focus on doing the best he can and I am sure he wouldn't accept anything less for what he's doing.

I feel the same with the hopes, however I really do feel the hopes are worth giving to Shaun. He's done well so far, with his own squad and a couple of seasons to gel them together, we could move on. Just think about a few good cups runs and of course any interest in the ladies, will naturally provide interest to the club as a whole and visa versa.

All we can do is hope for the best. Hopefully things will change.......

Archived