Paul Hart

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Is reported to have returned to Notts as the Academy manager while Mick Leonard is off the scene.

I've always had a lot of respect for him and it's good to see him back in football.

This is getting really confusing now!

Mick Leonard, I doubt will return to a coaching role at the club. Sadly, I think the majority of people will forget about him and nobody will be none the wiser why! I thought Mick Halsall was the head of the academy. What role does Paul Hart have? Is he guiding the development?

It's a good move really, he's introduced quite a lot of good footballers and if it means we keep Mick, we get the best of both worlds as both a great at motivating young upcoming players. I have to say I am surprised, I thought the clubs always ruled out approaching Paul Hart because he was out of price range. Unless he's lowered his demands or the clubs decided to go for it?

Either way, I hope this helps us introduce exciting home grown talent who will be in favour with starting.

The better the coaching at youth level the better the first team footballer. We have gone through quite a few years of nobody making the breakthrough. Now we are seeing the benefits in players like Hollis who obviously needed nothing more than a chance.

If the youth coaching is good enough hopefully we can go back to the Mick Walker days of a production line of quality.

Article now available to read folks - Here.

The better the coaching at youth level the better the first team footballer. We have gone through quite a few years of nobody making the breakthrough. Now we are seeing the benefits in players like Hollis who obviously needed nothing more than a chance.
If the youth coaching is good enough hopefully we can go back to the Mick Walker days of a production line of quality.

I for one hope to see our youngsters quickly introduced to being around the first team, I really think Derry should allow some of the promising talent to train with the first team. If they're unable due to coaches, get the academy coaches on board. I am sure Mick and Paul could lend a hand, it would exciting for the youngsters and it's something we need to bleed into our system.

Talented players mentored rightly would be massive for us as a club.

You could never turn an experience level like his down, he'll be brilliant for the club, at the very least we'll be playing good football in the academy.

I thought Mick Halsall was the head of the youth team, also the EPPP regs are very strict about what hierarchical structure clubs need to have in place, with regard to Mick Leonard if what has allegedly happened then he is never gonna get his job back, I wouldn't be surprised if we either keep Paul Hart or promote Mick Halsall once Mick Leonard is gone and find another youth team coach

Like him or not  he brings a wealth of experience with him.

Archived