Can we put Last season to bed now?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

After listening to Colin's Question about last season,

I got the impression the Derry is getting annoyed about the persistant question.

To me, last season was history when we kicked off our season at PNE.

21 point's to go :)

CCCOOMMEEE OONNN   YYOOUUU U  PPIIEESSSS

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

We put last season to bed the day after the great escape was secured...

End of !!!!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It will be mentioned, we can forget it after this season and even Derry himself refers to last season.

Let's just focus on maintaining this, try to impact and support the team the best we can do. There is no harm thinking of last season, it will make us thankful for this and it shows the great work GA/SD are doing. It's a major turn around, it could really lead to more. The possibilities are unmetered and Colin Slater was only mentioning two very interesting facts which should be noted.

COYP's!

From then on, it was all about what was going to happen, who was staying, who was coming in, and looking forward to this season

I haven't listened to the interview, as I had stoked the fire up, and was then busy putting the rug out, after embers decided to take it upon themselves to jump onto it...

what were the quotes @notts-joe

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

we are just moving forward, comparing last season will always help to keep our feet on the ground. i wonder how @erindoors feels about todays win and the the achievements in which are finding ourselves.

lets just believe and be there.

@liampie the belief is well and truly alive up here in Cumbria, I did say a while back, that this "team", looked like being one of our best... in the togetherness, attitude, and the way they appear to have bought into the regime change.

It is great what has been put together so quickly following the escape... as you say, I wonder what @erindoors is thinking.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I haven't listened to the interview, as I had stoked the fire up, and was then busy putting the rug out, after embers decided to take it upon themselves to jump onto it...

what were the quotes @notts-joe

Colin Slater said Mr Trew's preparing a statement as he believes Carroll went above the call of duty today, there was some sentiments about him being a different "type" of player. Basically Roy was modest, he said "Being back in the English League is great, Shaun took a gamble on signing me and I am delighted to be playing for Notts County".

He was delighted with the teams performance and took time to highlight Haydn Hollis.

I missed some due to being busy it's like answering 1000 phones right now... LOL

That's what I am saying with this team, you have players who WILL run through walls now for this club and the manager and the shirt, and us....

It is great, and yes very well done to Roy, when I got in the chat and shmerm had put that he started, I just said WOW...

total commitment to the cause !!!!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Why forget? It is what makes fans thankful and optimistic.

The media will not be letting it go, they are my worse fears. You know building us up and waiting for it to burst? I am not bothered about last season but it makes me appreciate the club more.

• Content Count:  62
  • Days Won:  2

It's true, there's something nice about the squad doing everything to really perform and TRY to win. It seems like when things went bad, they just let them get worse. I also feel like last year for whatever reason between Bart and the defense, there was no ability to stop free kicks, corner kicks, almost any set play. I was very interested by that. As I'm not there, is Roy more vocal, more willing to jump in the pack to punch out? 

Anyways I hope we can keep this togetherness all the way into the late spring. I'm coming to the area in April and I want to see it live! Come On You Pies. I am very proud of this team, fans, and club right now! 

@upthepies I am not saying forget it, it will always be there, but we shouldn't necessarily be harping back all the time

@Dana Shoup I hope when you do make it, the lads make it a pleasurable afternoon for you.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Personally my only focus is the next game.

Fans right now have something to be upbeat about, all the things wrong with recent years is now coming good for us. Football is a funny old game, is it not? Now I am not getting carried away but I want embrace this as it's been mentioned. I want to look forward to the next surprise, lets see where that times us but right now we can just be happy.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

@upthepies I am not saying forget it, it will always be there, but we shouldn't necessarily be harping back all the time

I am just saying, for what it is worth I agree with the harping comments.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Just remind ourselves when we have a blip like against Accrington ,don't get too carried away  by the good times but be thankful and enjoy the moment.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

As all have said last season is exactly that. When all the players left we knew we in for something different. A SD and GA team. Even if it all goes pear shaped in the next two months everyone, fans, players and chairman, can be happy with how the club is going forwards.

Expected a lot less. Got a lot more so far so last year's wingers seem tragic by comparison.

Fotheringham. Really?

Sheenan whinging. JCR lack of cash. Everyone blaming each other. Danny Haynes (we really do need to terminate by mutual asap.)

Middle Playing well and then injured.

Poor management and tactics at the beginning. It all adds up to...

Last year!

Move on and shout you pies!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Just remind ourselves when we have a blip like against Accrington ,don't get too carried away  by the good times but be thankful and enjoy the moment.

Valid point, blips we should just accept but we can gain momentum from believing in a push for promotion.

• Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  2

@liampie the belief is well and truly alive up here in Cumbria, I did say a while back, that this "team", looked like being one of our best... in the togetherness, attitude, and the way they appear to have bought into the regime change.

It is great what has been put together so quickly following the escape... as you say, I wonder what @erindoors is thinking.

My thoughts? Well, delighted with the management team and players and the effort and commitment to the club. Chuffed to bits that so many supporters feel more intergral to the success of our club.

While I think it's important to understand just how far we've come in order to appreciate what we have now, I also feel that repeatedly bringing up past negativity somehow puts a dampener on our current success.

We all know that good times can be hard to come by, so lets just fully enjoy ourselves.  There's a great feeling of positivity, loads of energy and a willingness by supporters and club alike to really push forwards. COYP!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

thanks for telling us your thoughts @erindoors

i hope we can see a lot more positivity coming into games, the momentum does make the difference. im just enjoying it right now! coyps!!

• Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

The way i think about last year is the past, right now is the future and i want to be apart of that. Best to move forwards!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Its the end of that, theres no need to bring it up again. Every season is different and this one is much better than last.

• Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

Last season was a disaster. The only reason I look back on it, is when I see how many points we had after however many games and see how much improvement we have made. The earlier we can get to the 50pt mark, leaves more games for us to push on for a play off place.

Archived