If Ncfc Had No Bad Luck, We'd Have None At All!

Harrys_Mummy

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  1

What on earth is happening with the club!

I have been a fan since my husband introduced me to NCFC nearly 8 years ago, and it has been one hell of a roller coaster   There have seemed to be more downs than ups too, I must add.  Then I just read the official club statement about our chairman being in court tomorrow regarding the winding up petition. Personally I must have forgotten about this, as I would have thought this would have been commented on during December when this was issued. But it seems Notts have ALL the bad luck.

Whether it is with managers, munto, players on and off the pitch antics, issues with staff at the ground on match days (a personal issue we had many times regarding my little boy and whether or not he was allowed in) ... I do love Notts but I am finding that this love is really being strained of late. I hope all goes well with Mr Trew etc, as this club really needs something positive off the pitch too. 

The bickering between fans, people at the club etc lately has been awful. I personally have not been able to afford to go the matches for a few years now. This isn't because I don't wish too, but purely a financial issue, and for people to then claim that myself (and other fan's who cannot get to matches) do not have as much right to comment on the club is despicable  Fortunately this does not happen on this site as we all support each other.  However I have been seeing this on other sites, as well as comments made in the press!

Anyway, sorry for the rant but this has really been bugging me lately  :unsure:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

The windinf up petition you speak of dosen't appear to be anything to worry about. If anything, more of an inconveniance that shouldnt really be happening. The Trew's are good people and I'm sure they run the club on a sound financial footing.

The rollercoaster is part and parcel of being a Notts County fan, but we wouldnt change it!

The thing that annoys me more than losing is the negativity and bickering among fans. Don't get me wrong, it hurts when we lose, but there are far worse things in life than losing a game of football, and the way some fans overreact to defeat is embrassing. I'd love to know how they coped when we were losing every week to teams like Grimsby, Chester City, Barnet and Dagenham!

Good rant though! Think we all need to get a few things off our chest from time to time. It may be a rollercoaster, we may not get much rub of the green and I wouldnt be at all surprised if we still are the most stressed football fans in the country, but its all part of being a Notts County fan and I wouldnt change it for anything.

County Till I Die :)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's something we will hopefully gain further insight to in the next couple of days, as it's an odd one. It's a case of lets focus on the football but in the back of my mind I have some concerns regarding the information coming forward (in the style it did) but the club have eased our minds with their statement. Do you read into things or ignore them? I find it hard doing both LOL

:)

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

I agree about the bickering, before the Sheffield Utd game some poor woman was getting slated by a large number of fans on Facebook because she said she was unwilling to go to the game because of the awful conditions, she said she lived in a really dodgy (conditions wise) area and she didn't want to risk making her way to the game and back with her young children. Those idiots were going as far as saying she was a coward and imposing judgement on whether the area she lived in was as bad as she was making out to be. Completely uncalled for, and besides, who were they to comment on how bad the roads near her were? Short of either finding out where she lived and going to see for themselves, or maybe having a crystal ball or satellite technology, they couldn't possibly have known. Puerile and pathetic behaviour.

As for the winding up story, it's not for me to comment on it just yet, bearing in mind the only evidence is that off the HMRC site with Notts County's name on, and the official club statement. It's just a case of seeing how this story pans out and whether further evidence is made public. I admit I was very tense until the statement, but really, the matter is between HMRC and Notts County for the time being, and although it was good that the club was made aware of it, the best thing we can do is leave the matter to Mr Trew and the Notts hierarchy.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This winding up hearing which was brought by the HMRC was a storm in a tea cup thankfully but what I can't understand is how come the club weren't told about it by the court or the HMRC, if I've heard correctly they were told by a Plymouth fan who happened to read it on the court website!!!

So if they hadn't been told and they didn't turn up because they knew nothing of it what would have happened? Could the club have been wound up without being able to attend the hearing because they weren't informed? I don't get it.

Anyway as I say all a storm in a tea cup and thankfully we can sleep easy again.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

it's odd but one i was concerned about. its good its all over and very frustrsting for all parties not just the club.

Archived