Forest under Freedman

jsrjay

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

So come on then guys lets get a county fan view on what's going on.

In freedman's 6 games in charge we have won 5 drawn 1 scored 19 conceded 8 and playing some of the best football ive seen this season.

So what is Dougie doing  that Pearce wasn't ?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm sorry to say this but I don't think it has much at all to do with Dougie.

I honestly believe the players are trying to prove a point now, so basically they're doing what should have done for Pearce but for whatever reason they just didn't. Also the majority of managers give a side a lift, we'll tell more towards the end of the season. I think even I could manage to get Forest winning games, you have a decent squad and I think a lot of his early decisions are just sensible one's.

Pearce seem to pile on his own pressure with the fact players didn't pull their weight, it left him open to odd decisions.

I can agree with that I think joe.

The players do seem to be actually playing with some pride, I d heard rumours Pearce had lost the dressing room.

For me 1 big change is the fact Dougie is sticking with the same side where as Pearce was constantly chopping and changing.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I respect professional players and teams far less if that is true, as professionals you should always play to that standard. I can't comment on Forest, I do not know enough or have the interest.

@notts-joe seems to know his stuff tho, I'd tryst his judgement.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

It does strike me that there are obviously some big ego's in your dressing room and Pearce was never going to to pander to them and as such, like us last season, they caused the biggest proportion of trouble and once a stronger manager came in and stamped it out straight away like it looks like Freedman has done you were always going to hit the form that your squad should do, tbh with the player Forest have they should be vying for the top 3 but like so many at Championship level with squads of that ability you need really strong management to coerce them into what they should be.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It seems that for whatever reason the players weren't performing for Pearce and Freedman has come in and got them performing like they obviously can because on paper you have a very good squad. It remains to be seen whether the honeymoon period will be maintained and they can do it on a regular and consistent basis.

@tonyhateley - On paper it reads as a very strong starting 11, then the quality starts to dwindle. I don't believe and never have that they had the quality to run a way with the league, they're a near the bottom places Championship side and for me 10th to 8th would always be where I'd predict them to finish.

@jsrjay - How strong do you feel the Forest squad is?

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Please, at least wait until he's been in charge say for 15 games? Wait for the romance to die with the first heavy defeat.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I dont know.... but I suspect there is still a line round the bath at the end of the day ;)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i dont understand or really care about forest, so i can say i know what is different but i know who the better manager/player is and was.

@notts-joe Well I personally thing we have 1 of the best if not the best squad in the division with a very good mixture of youth and experience. to rattle of a few names.

Karl Darlow just signed for Newcastle very good promising keeper

Eric Lichaj prem experience with aston villa

Jack Hobbs Prem experience with hull

Henri Lansbury international and prem experience with arsenal and still only 25yrs old

Andy Reid been seasoned campaigner loads of international and prem experiance 

Ben Osborn only 20yrs old has really come into his own this season has bags of talent and has been one of our star performers all season

Britt Assomballonga 16 goals before getting injured enough said

Chris cohen Ok yes another injury victim been at club since 06/07 has one hell of a Rolls  Royce engine in him 

That list don't include Kelvin Wilson Michael Mancinne Matty Fryatt Dexter Blackstock Chris Burke De Vries all players with vast championship prem International experience. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

@jsrjay Notts are good enough to win the champions league in my dreams, reality is much different.

Karl Darlow - Overrated

Eric Lichaj - Championship class

Jack Hobbs - Decent defender, no way premiership class

Henri Lansbury - Very good player but average under forest, very hit and miss.

Andy Reid - Good player but not what he was or could be, good enough for you lot. 

Ben Osborn - ???

Britt Assomballonga - Very good striker

Chris Cohen - Decent player 

Kelvin Wilson - Overrated
Michael Mancinne - Still has a lot to prove about himself
Matt Fryatt - Last seen in a panto
Dexter Blackstock - Ruined by your lot, he had the ability to do much more.

Chris Burke - Championship player nothing more
De Vries - Awful

Just my opinion mind. :)

I think to win the league you require players better than 'Championship' quality.

Majority of your list hasn't proved that yet, certainly not Mattie Fryatt or Jack Hobbs, one being a player I think is a sound signing for you and the other just to fill in the gaps. I can appreciate your views and I accept them, I just disagree. You don't have the depth of the likes of Norwich, Derby or some of the sides having a terrible season this year.

On their day, Forest can be formidable but the best teams can win the league without having good managers or slipping up.

I'm not just saying this because I support County, I am saying it because it's my honest opinion.

Archived