Gill Swerts

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Reported by NEP:

Notts County are considering a move for Belgian international Gill Swerts as their search for talent moves across Europe.

The Magpies are understood to be seriously interested in the midfielder, who is currently a free agent after leaving NAC Breda following relegation from the Dutch top flight, the Eredivisie, last season.

Swerts can also play right-back and is believed to know boss Ricardo Moniz from his time in Holland, where he has played for a string of top sides.

Having started his career at Feyenoord, the 32-year-old enjoyed loan spells at Excelsior and ADO Den Haag before permanently moving to Vitesse in 2005.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-considering-swoop-ex-Belgian/story-26723601-detail/story.html#ixzz3dUzUQju8 
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

Sounds promising. I'm glad Moniz is getting to use his European links.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

17 caps for Belgium and Champions League experience! (I know, Tony Hackworth.) Dutch champion with AZ Alkmaar in 2009. Sounds good to me. Unfortunately, may be in possession of a ginger beard.

17 caps for Belgium and Champions League experience! (I know, Tony Hackworth.) Dutch champion with AZ Alkmaar in 2009. Sounds good to me. Unfortunately, may be in possession of a ginger beard.

I'll let him off with it if he signs.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I'd have to picked off the floor if we managed to sign players of this caliber. We are in the bottom division of the football league. This guy could play in the Championship! Unless we are suddenly flush with cash? That might explain it. One last pay day......

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Gill Swerts? I yam unsure mymates. It does not sound very family friendly.  :lol:

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Good player, I haven't heard much of him the past 3-4 years but I do remember him before that.

It's interesting to see us being linked with European players, as it's quite weird for me. Yes Moniz will have experience with players of this type, yet it's the unknown for Notts and we never really attempted to explore this market. I wonder if Ricardo is using contacts to find released talent and hoping to pull them in here? I would guess about his wages, as I am sure the pound helps but who knows.

He could be a great signing, even if we only got 1 to 2 seasons out of him.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Jenner & Swerts? Beats Smith & Jones any day of the week!

I hope we get our Dutch and Belgium men on board. As thus could be the best squad since Munto!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i cant really comment on swerts i have never heard of him but i trust moniz, i believe he knows the requirements to get out of this division and perhaps he can be a player to us push next year too.

• Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Gill-Swerts-confirms-Notts-County-Dutch-media/story-26752098-detail/story.html

Seems like he's on his way! Good signing I think, don't know anything about him really but he's played for some good sides and fairly consistently in the Eredivisie so can't be bad. Feel like the side is starting to come together now. 

I think something has been lost in translation - my understanding from the Dutch article is that he hopes to join up with the squad for pre-season training, not necessarily the club.

From the rest of the article he did seem VERY keen to get on board though. Sounds very good.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

We can but hope...

It also appears that Ricardo Moniz has a good name in that part of the world, and players are keen to work with him. Hopefully that's a positive sign.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Gill-Swerts-confirms-Notts-County-Dutch-media/story-26752098-detail/story.html

Seems like he's on his way! Good signing I think, don't know anything about him really but he's played for some good sides and fairly consistently in the Eredivisie so can't be bad. Feel like the side is starting to come together now. 

This is lazy journalism.

""Next week Notts begin preparing for the upcoming season. Then I hope to join it," he said"

He has literally done the same thing I did, translated on Google Chrome. 

Supposedly we have a centre midfielder ready to be announced today or tomorrow, I know Mr Trew pretty much mentioned this but I have been told that the signing is imminent.

I'm not sure it will be Gill Swerts, as @Super_Danny_Allsopp pointed out, he seems to want to train with us first.

We can live in a bubble and dream about him signing though, as he seems a good player.

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  2

Supposedly we have a centre midfielder ready to be announced today or tomorrow, I know Mr Trew pretty much mentioned this but I have been told that the signing is imminent.

I'm not sure it will be Gill Swerts, as @Super_Danny_Allsopp pointed out, he seems to want to train with us first.

We can live in a bubble and dream about him signing though, as he seems a good player.

We did the ground tour yesterday and les bradd mentioned we may have signed someone. But obviously he didnt go into too much detail. Also met dave kevan and dean yates who both seemed very confident of a good season due to quality of players where bringing in.

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Just been confirmed by the media team (I've updated the topic title).  Good to see we can get international players who have experience, but can't say I've seen him play

Good pedigree, can play in both defensive midfield and at right-back (where we were short). Lovely stuff.

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/notts-county-belgium-gill-swerts-2506145.aspx

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Slightly off topic, but looking at the picture on the official site, I thought we had signed "Tony" from Hollyoaks

soaps-hollyoaks-nick-pickard-tony-hutchi

Very pleased with the news that he's signed with us.

Hopefully this type of signing will be the one which makes the rest click and to fall into place. I can't wait to see him feature and for Moniz to get the support from the home crowd at Meadow Lane for all his hard work pulling these signings off. Welcome to Meadow Lane Swerts!

• Content Count:  285
  • Days Won:  0

Big news this, along with the sponsor everything appears to be falling into place. Well done Notts!

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Happiness Is No Longer A Cigar Called Hamlet.....

It is news like this

• Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

Get in Notts! Great signing, I am starting to feel pretty optimistic for the new season, sorry I know that is against the rules of being a Notts fan   ;)

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

League 2 should be straight forward for him. Seems to have the right attitude. Got to be happy with that.

Archived