Wes Atkinson SIGNED

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Right-back Wesley Atkinson has joined Notts County on a one-year deal with an option to extend…

The former West Bromwich Albion youth graduate has been on trial with the club throughout July and impressed in the friendlies to become Notts’ 15th summer signing.

The 20-year-old also scored at the weekend finishing off a flowing move against Alfreton Town where he played in a more central role.

Atkinson, who has played a majority of his games for Albion’s Under 21s side also gained experience for Cambridge United on loan last season, playing twice.

The energetic full-back also has an eye for goal having scoring twice in the Under 21s Premier League and also scored once in 13 appearances in the Premier League Reserve League.

He was released by the Baggies earlier in the summer and will be hoping to continue to impress to force his way into Manager Ricardo Moniz’s first team plans this year.

Fans can sponsor Wes’ full kit, training kit and boots and socks by contacting the club’s Commercial Team on 0115 9557 241 or e-mail: [email protected]

Read more at http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/wesley-atkinson-notts-county-west-bromwich-albion-2558291.aspx#xDWhUuJDr6PTJHwk.99

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

How many is that now? 15?

It will seem very strange watching Notts this season, hardly any familiar faces, Moniz has certainly had a clear out.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

I must admit I know nothing about him, but hopefully he will do well with us, is he one for the development squad?

• Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

He's looked good in pre season just hope he can do the same at league level

Will Justin hoyte still be joining now then?

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Surely we don't need another one, so I would say no to Hoyte

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

This one seems to have very little first team experience, a la Sharpe, so we can't really expect him to be a first team regular straight away. I still think we'll sign Hoyte, if he impresses.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I thought Ray had said we weren't that interested in right backs as Amevor and Swerts can cover there. 

However since then we've trialled at least 3 and signed one  :unsure:  :lol:

@Super_Danny_Allsopp I can't remember seeing ray say that however I do remember him saying we are talking to hoyte and that still seems to be the case.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Will Justin hoyte still be joining now then?

Exactly my thoughts when I noticed the signing originally.

Hoyte sounded very good from what people have told me, yet everyone added concerns about his fitness and that leaves me to question. Would Notts sign someone who isn't completely ready for first team football? We have seen Mr Trew mention that others had been dismissed for this reason.

For what it's worth, I think Justin Hoyte would be a massive signing for us, fit or not.

Surely we could bide our time with him a little?

With regards to Wes Atkinson, he does sound like a steady signing and hopefully one to shine through the reserve team.

@notts-joe he was there last night and looked pretty fit to me I think this one is still on the cards

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

With it being a year I dont think he has impressed Moniz as much, so he could be one they are gambling on. On paper he seems decent enough, plenty of time with West Brom.

Lets see where it takes him.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

wes needs to push himself and show he can defend, i can see him securing the position if attacks and defends because of his age myself. he should be a decent signing.

Archived