Is the squad now complete?

AmericanPie

With all the signings, I am wondering if the squad is now seen to be complete?

Prior to Loach and Atkinson, most fans seemed to just want a striker. I am not expecting any more signings myself, but i am happy with how the team currently looks. At this stage, if anyone does come in, I think they must be strong contenders for the first team rather than anything else. What about you?

Do we need cover anywhere else?

GK - Carroll, Loach.... Pilks

RB - Amevor, Atkinson

CB - Hollis, Bennet, McKenzie, -------, .....Edwards

LB - Sharpe, Adams

RM- De Silva, Jenners

CM- Swerts, Aborah, Noble,  Sarpong, Thompson......Smith

LM- Snidjers, Milsom

ST/CF- Stead, Spencer, Murray, Campbell, Burke, Valencic

Looking at that, I would say we need 1 x CB, if we get greedy then another goalscorer... but it looks pretty set!

I'm not overly bothered about another striker, I think we have more than enough to cope within this division but I wouldn't blame Moniz for signing someone like CMS. If he shown interest in joining, he would be the exception.

Apart from that, I agree with @PTID1862 - It's a case of a centre defender.

Personally, I am not sure if we will see one join or one of the LB/RB's double up as a possible CB. If Justin Hoyte signs, there's the potential that this may happen.

Supporter+

Hoyte is signing.

Another CB on the way. Possibly Lima?

Milsom is an injury worry so I'd expect cover to be brought in.

Milsons injury is a worry, think we can cope ok early in the season without him, but come November time we will need players like him who know how to battle. A centre half is a must imo, Nathan Clarke anyone?

Supporter+

I doubt Milsom will play more than 24 games. He's a talent but injury prone, we need cover. I expect we'll get it, RM is on the ball.

GK - Carroll, Loach.... Pilks

RB - Amevor, Atkinson

CB - Hollis, Bennet, McKenzie, -------, .....Edwards

Looking at that, I would say we need 1 x CB, if we get greedy then another goalscorer... but it looks pretty set!

Amevor will probably play centre back tbh so that will leave us needing an RB which would likely be Justin Hoyte

I put that wrong I had only woke up I meant branston said he was not having him back and the fans that went to alferton said he's the worst player to wear the shirt sorry late might early morning closed eyes etc

Those fans never saw Branston himself play obviously, that is the worst performance of any player at any game I have ever seen and trust me including the kids games I reckon I've seen upwards of 5000

Lima won't sign after what branston say he was diabolical against alferton worse player to ever wear the kit apparently so no thanks on that one

Branston? ;) Yeah, his short appearance I would agree with his thoughts. Lol

I'd take a gamble with Shaun Baker, class player who's been unlucky but he could do well for us. I think he could be worth the gamble, some players repay you and I think he's of that ilk.

honestly i would have thought by now we would have had a settled squad but it seems we do need a few more players, a cb who is strong and commanding would be good. i think we need roy in goal more than loach too, he seems a bit unsteady.

i bet that fan is still laughing at us thinking hes right. *gerrrr

Just read this on the luton forum regarding CMS. Dont know what planet hes on if he thinks maynard will drop to league 2.

"Rumour from nottingham is there is an improved offer on the table thats seen a 1 year deal be bumped into a 2 year deal. reports this end sugest he has untill wednesday as notts have nicky maynard lined up as backup.."

Archived