York City (H)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

York are one of those teams pundits and fans alike tip for relegation before every season but they are still in the football league. 

York have had a steady start to the season by their standards. 9 points from 8 games, 1 point and 1 place below Notts. They have only won 1 away game and that was against a woeful Newport side. They are on a 3 game unbeaten run. They have a couple of decent players in midfield. James Berrett has added real quality since his arrival in the Summer. Luke Summerfield is another threat in midfield. Their main threat up front is Reese Thompson. A lively player who will cause problems. 

York are a high tempo, tackle everything type of side. They never give up, a good example was their comeback from 2 down at home to Carlise last weekend, impressive but even more impressive as they did it with 10 men. 

No disrespect to York but any team with promotion ambitions need to be beating sides like York at home. It won't be easy I reckon but we'll win. 2-1. Izzy and Burke. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

no disrespect to 99% of the teams in this league we should be beating we should outplay York were in good form at home so I'm going for a 3-1 noble McLeod Campbell to score his first goal to

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

3-1 notts izzy, Campbell and Burke

Unfortunately won't be able to make the game but will be looking out for the result

COYP!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

York are one of those teams pundits and fans alike tip for relegation before every season but they are still in the football league. 

York have had a steady start to the season by their standards. 9 points from 8 games, 1 point and 1 place below Notts. They have only won 1 away game and that was against a woeful Newport side. They are on a 3 game unbeaten run. They have a couple of decent players in midfield. James Berrett has added real quality since his arrival in the Summer. Luke Summerfield is another threat in midfield. Their main threat up front is Reese Thompson. A lively player who will cause problems. 

York are a high tempo, tackle everything type of side. They never give up, a good example was their comeback from 2 down at home to Carlise last weekend, impressive but even more impressive as they did it with 10 men. 

No disrespect to York but any team with promotion ambitions need to be beating sides like York at home. It won't be easy I reckon but we'll win. 2-1. Izzy and Burke. 

I agree ,York are a team Notts should beat and this should be a game where Notts build on the Crawley win.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@[member="Notts26"] - I think the percentage for definite wins, we should be more within the low 80's.

There are a lot of quality in this league, that are used to and know what League Two is all about but I do agree - If you have ambitions for promotion, you will want to win as many of the teams as possible. I think we have one of the best midfields and of course the strongest keepers, yet our forward line is only as good as the players who score and apart from McLeod we don't look lively enough for me.

Still there's time for this to change, games like York will be the perfect chance.

Though again, with how inconsistent and unpredictable Notts are at the moment. I am struggling to call this game, though 2-0 Notts win will make me happy. COYP

@[member="Notts26"] - I think the percentage for definite wins, we should be more within the low 80's.

There are a lot of quality in this league, that are used to and know what League Two is all about but I do agree - If you have ambitions for promotion, you will want to win as many of the teams as possible. I think we have one of the best midfields and of course the strongest keepers, yet our forward line is only as good as the players who score and apart from McLeod we don't look lively enough for me.

Still there's time for this to change, games like York will be the perfect chance.

Though again, with how inconsistent and unpredictable Notts are at the moment. I am struggling to call this game, though 2-0 Notts win will make me happy. COYP

we don't look lovely cause McLeod is isolated add a spencer or Murray next to him an there is danger we have a good midfield great keeper both of themhewitt looks class at right back we easily have a better team then most at this level an better budget we should not be where we are we just need a run I haven't saw one team we have played were I've said god they look really good not one again says it all when Accrington are 6th the worse team I have seen on a par with Crawley

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Certainly a game we should be winning and consolidating our position. It would be a further welcome boost to confidence & morale too.

These things are never easy or predictable, so I'm not getting too excited just yet.

Sat will be a great day tho, weather is set fair, badminton in the am, Notts pm and then the rugby. Happy days.

they should be raring to go and destroy York we win this were straight by the play offs an then it looks a lot better we have quality an a good team we just need to settle down now an play our game an stay focused that's all

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Hopefully we can get another win and get back on track. It will help with players moral and the fans.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

Sunny day looking forward to going, will Sheehan and Barmby start? Will Notts need 20 minutes to get going? I think York will be tougher opponents than Crawley, but fingers crossed Good Notts turn up,Come On You PIES..

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Great day for Footy.

Just had my weekend breakfast, (everything and the kitchen sink, lol)

Now to set up Villa on the internet and get a phone call from Mum and Dad and put me next to the wireless.

Bout time we started to get this season under way.

Notts 4 - 2 York
Noble
Izzy x2
Carroll

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Notts need to get another goal, take advantage of all the positive possession and go on and turn York over.While it's only 1 -0 York are still in it and after listening to the Rams game earlier my nerves are already in tatters.

1-0 at half time.. lets see how the second half goes... can we hold onto the 3 points.

Full time 1-0 to Notts. We've got 3 more points.

Whats your thoughts on the game?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Get in! Actually holding onto a lead will do confidence a world of good. And we're only a point off the play-offs - maybe we can dream after all.

I'll be interested to see what those who went made of it!

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Listening in, We could have had 4 - 5 goals in the First half alone. 

Now let's take this to the Daggers, Thanks to @[member="barnet11uk"] Their confidence will be low. 

Hey if barnet can beat them, We should do well. 

Roll on Tuesday 

we should of been 7-0 up we absolutely took York apart when we play football like that I don't care what anyone says we look unplayable if McLeod wasn't I'll he would of had 5 did York actually have a decent clear cut chance no none at all today was the best play I've seen so far top play Sheehan an Burke hit it off straight away great partnership two full backs who get High up the pitch an get involed York were lucky to be going home at 1-0 we could of made it 7-0

• Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  1

1st half we were fantastic, not exaggerating but Izale could have had a hat trick before he scored, if we had have been 5 up at half time York could not have complained, second half we played ok, but the last 10/15 got nervy purely because of us only being one up, Sheehan looked like he had never been away, could be a vital signing, only weak link for me today was Campbell, looks desperately short of confidence and was very surprised he took Burke and Noble off before him, just need to sort the away form now starting on Tues.

• Content Count:  227

Hollis was superb today, as was the whole back four, Sheehan and Burke linked up really well to, Tuesday at daggers is a great chance to turn our away form round.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I didn't go to the match but managed to hear snatches on the radio it sounded very good, we were hanging on at the end but should have been out of sight.

Great to have a clean sheet at last welcome back Sheez.

I wouldn't say hangin on tony they had the ball abit never actually looked like threatning and McLeod was apparently I'll before the game that's why he wasn't up to scratch but all in all we could of easily won 6-7

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Well, delighted that we won again and Sheehan added some strength to the defence. Pleased that Moniz recognised that Swerts can't play left back too! Smith looked assured and composed - pulled all the strings in midfield.

However, there's a hint of rose coloured specs about a lot of this. Maybe some balance & perspective would help.

We played and well against a very poor but physical side. In the end we won because their keeper had a fresh air kick and left an open goal for MacLeod. We might have scored several, but so might they tbh. Clumsy finishing and some good stops from Carroll kept a clean sheet but that doesn't mask the fact that we were a bit desperate at times during the last 20 mins and we did let them back in the game. Some of the defending was, at times, grim.

Burke went off because he faded badly and Noble barely touched the ball in the 10 mins before he departed. Campbell, on the other hand, remained a constant threat, linked well, again, with Hewitt and Barmby provided the missing width on the left. Why does Burke wander inside, crowd Smith & Aborah and not exploit the vast space on the left? I don't get that, at all.

You can only beat what is in front of you and 3 points plus a clean sheet has to be a bonus. 4 more points from the 2 away games this week would go a long way to persuading me that we might do something this season. Yesterday was good but beating York 1 - 0 at home isn't an indication that automatic promotion is beckoning!

• Content Count:  65

When we play well it's fine to say we played well, just like it's fine to say when we have been hopeless, after all the dross that was witnessed last season and some previous seasons I make no apologies for getting a bit perhaps over excited when I see some decent football.

How about the fact York are a decent side and we clicked for the first time we actually showed on our day we can play any team off the park all we had to do near the end was get Thompson on earlier an maybe swerts to just get abit of energy in there to get hold of the ball that's all if McLeod was ILL like moniz said it wud explain his finishing if he had a illness he won't be 100% but Tuesday if he's fine sure he'll bang in 3or 4 I think we just played slick attractive football an they just didn't have a answer at all we should be proud if we play like that every week not many teams will have a chance at all

Archived