If Moniz goes?

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I am more nervous about any potential appointment than I am about relegation.

If Moniz goes, who would you want?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

for the love of god if he goes which he should the continental approach needs to be scrapped it done it didn't work.

We need someone who's been down this level before and knows what it's about and what it takes I mean Mark Cooper is out of work Swindon did really well the season before.

I Rember them playing great football great movement great all round play is deffo look at him as a option.

Also Nigel Clough yes I know some people say he's boring etc etc or his dad had forest in him .

But for me he stabilised Sheffield United took over turned them around got them in the play offs semis unlucky to lose good cup run.

those are two id look at that's my view tho plus I know Nigel did well whilst at button to I know Danny Wilson will be applying but he's now done for me 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Honestly, I don't know who to suggest.

I'm still hoping Moniz can turn things around, I see flashes of stability and desire for better football. Yet he needs to make it happen now.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I doubt Nigel Clough would be interested, much bigger clubs would be interested in him. Cooper is an interesting shout. Should it become vacant, the Notts job is actually fairly attractive for an out-of-work manager - we are underachieving but have a squad with plenty of talent already available, so plenty of scope to get us up the table. Plus we have a chairman able and willing to back the manager with hard cash. The risk of the sack is something that every manager has to put up with nowadays, that'll scare no-one off.

cooper did a good job when Swindon looked very good on playoffs they played some great football best side I saw that year they tortured us.

Id deffo try and go for him or someone of that style that's my view tho 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

clough needs to rebuild his career, he moved to league one and has been out for awhile. i have not seen his name linked with many championship or league one clubs, so it is possible for me.

cooper is a good call but i really dont see him being someone notts would approach.

5 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

For the life of me, I can't see any manager with his head screwed the right way round coming and taking a job working under Guy Branston. 

It would have to be someone like Martin Allen IMO.

Able to shake things up, fight his corner (get people to see sense) and unafraid to change things. The system MA tried introducing, I believe would have been the foundation for us to move forward - had he managed to get the results/tactics right.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Just now, notts-joe said:

It would have to be someone like Martin Allen IMO.

Able to shake things up, fight his corner (get people to see sense) and unafraid to change things. The system MA tried introducing, I believe would have been the foundation for us to move forward - had he managed to get the results/tactics right.

Martin Allen wanted full control of the club from top to bottom, so he would have shown Guy Branston the door very quickly.

2 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Martin Allen wanted full control of the club from top to bottom, so he would have shown Guy Branston the door very quickly.

I honestly believe this is what we need.

On paper the transfer panel seemed to be working, now I am not so sure - I think any manager should have a certain say off the field because those matters effect what happens on it.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I hope RM doesn't use this forum! He'll have a tear in his eye reading this......

• Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

For me, the reason we don't succeed is because there is absolutely no 'top-down' strategy.

Or, let me rephrase that, there is for about 9 months of a year until Ray has a new idea. 

It starts with Craig Short - an ex-player who was hired with Dave Kevan. A kind of Liverpool boot room philosophy. Sacked after 5 months sitting 16th in League One. Complete trigger happy sacking.

Paul Ince - Who knows what inspired this one, as he clearly didn't inspire anything from the team.

Martin Allen - A guy brought in to save our status as a L1 team. Does exactly that. 11th in League One. RT has come out and said that Martin wanted complete control of the club and it seems obvious that RT wants a lot of control. Another completely strange sacking.

Keith Curle - I was no fan of his tactics, however, sacked sitting 10th and 5 points from the play-offs. Strange.

Chris Kiwomya - Another change in philosophy to trying to promote from within, like Gary Monk or Eddie Howe. Absolute failure.

Shaun Derry - Back to this kind of ex-manager thing, but here Ray loses his passion for Notts. Given one of the worst budgets in the league and then sacked when being roughly on par, sitting in one of the worst positions in the league, only to bring in someone with no idea of how to survive in League 1. 

Ricardo Moniz/Guy Branston - Complete change in philosophy to having more people 'accountable'. Guy Branston now seems to think, at least in his own head, he has some kind of parity with the manager. Ray Trew now has (or did have) his passion back and throws a bit of money at the club. Both men involved in this weird power struggle then seem to sign a full team each, and Notts now have 500 players, but an average starting 11.

It seems pretty clear to me. We need some kind of philosophy, or not even going that far, a general idea, of how we would like to setup. This needs to be implemented from the top down and carried on for a number of years (5+). Yes, Ray, years, not months. All the successful clubs have done this recently, your Southampton's and Bournemouth's of this world. Yet we carry on with our 'plan for 5 months' kind of approach, which has got us to mediocrity in L2, exactly where we started pre-Munto. No doubt Ray will lose his rag for a year or so, which will follow more mediocrity and a dropping fan-base, who will then be blamed for why we can't get out of L2. A year or 2 down the line Ray might get his 'umpf' back, sack the manager, splash a bit of cash, resulting in another unsuccessful promotion push. 

12 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

I hope RM doesn't use this forum! He'll have a tear in his eye reading this......

im sure its worse on twitter, fb and elsewhere.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

3 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

and the negative there is..... There is none. Get mad dog back and kick Branston out. Make us a community club again.

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I wouldn't really know to be honest, when we sack managers we generally have a set back just like before the manager gets sacked and has a bad patch. Its not always the best idea, but he clearly needs help to improve and get consistent results.

@Notts26 that is one of the things i hear often at notts, how stubborn moniz is.

after dropping carroll it was non stop, yet now people want carroll to be dropped because of his attitude which is the reason why moniz supposedly did not pick him. so its not always bad but he does need to learn to have better judgement.

Guest gtownjohnno

The vast majority of the players brought in this close season are not of the quality required to mount a push to get out of div 2....perhaps from the conference but even thats debateable...i think we will all just have to sit back and try to enjoy the ride....afterall some of us have been doing that for more years than i care to remember...

1 hour ago, liampie said:

@Notts26 that is one of the things i hear often at notts, how stubborn moniz is.

after dropping carroll it was non stop, yet now people want carroll to be dropped because of his attitude which is the reason why moniz supposedly did not pick him. so its not always bad but he does need to learn to have better judgement.

there is a difference tho Carroll was dropped against Orient after he was doing alright McLeod was dropped at Orient  Campbell and so on.

Bizzare now his stubbornness 442isnt in his PHILOSOPHY he got lucky and went 442 by mistake.

But it's clear we should play 442 he needs to see that also needs to drop players who deserve it Carroll deffo deserves it this time and smith does for that stupid challenge.

Also why not give Curtis another go when he is confident he is a real player on his day also when are we going to get a glimpse of Milsom who's meant to be a good player.

Im giving him til Newport if Wycombe and Newport beat us he has to go still feel he should of gone by now 

Archived